“Hidden gem” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mazadar Kabob

Mazadar Kabob
Ranked #19 of 392 Restaurants in Fairfax
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Persian, Halal, Afghani
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Fairfax, Virginia
“Hidden gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Mazadar Kebob is a beautiful little restaurant, somewhat tucked away in a not-so-visible row of stores and restaurants. They put a lot of effort into the decor, and it really has a unique and exotic ambiance. We started going to Mazadar when it had just opened and only had a few items on the menu. The menu has grown since, and to be honest, everything we have had has been delicious. The chicken kebob is very well seasoned, the kubideh is tender and flavorful, the dips (hummus, cucumber yogurt dip, eggplant) are fresh and tasty, and the bread is perhaps the best I've had at any Kebob restaurant: freshly baked, hot out of the oven, soft... amazing! I can definitely recommend this place. Service is quick and attentive enough; I really have no complaints.

1 Thank ReiseLust_23

Fairfax, Virginia
“Not that great ! save your $$”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I went to this restaurant for a Friday night dinner, based on the raving reviews. We ordered 2 entrees, a chicken and a beef entree. The meat (chicken and beef) both tasted good, but not exceptional. I was surprised that there was barely any veggies or dips as we usually get in any middle eastern restaurant. To me it felt like meat and rice. The portions are smaller for a dinner entree and was definitely not satisfied with the portion.
The falafels were a joke. (6 tiny pieces for $7). I was telling my wife that the restaurant owners were really on a budget (based on the portion sizes). For the prices charged, I expected a better portion for dinner. I don't plan on coming back again to this place.

The decor was good, if that helps.

• 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank cdin2000
Geneva, New York
“Great Middle Eastern Food in Fairfax!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Went here based on Tripadvisor reviews and was not disappointed! I brought my Mother & sister along who normally wouldn't go for this type of food, but they both LOVED it! You have to know my Mother, kinda hard to please and fussy about her food...Well, she couldn't praise it enough and even stated "this is the best place I have eaten since being in Fairfax!" If you did know my Mother, this statement alone, says ALOT!!! LOL The food is delicius, presented well, and so GOOD! Service was great, friendly and with a smile, the restaurant is spotless! The dips are just fabulous, and so is the big, thin bread that is served along with them. We had a custard like dessert that was out of this world!

1 Thank pepper1111
Herndon, Virginia
“Too Highly Rated for the taste or service...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

This is an average tasting afghan/pakistani place and I think one would not feel cheated here but the kabobs are somewhat dry and service is not so good. When I get a feeling that we are served as second class citizen while the waiters are serving okay to folks they feel they can extort more out of, I make it a point to pay them even less in tips. This would make them feel better as they judged us right :)
There are a lot better places out there that have much better tasting kebobs etc with compromised service why should one try Mazadar. I thought it would be Mazadar=tasty :(

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
Virginia USA
“Away too long!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

It had been a while since we had been to Mazadar and we remembered it as a very good place to dine; Great food and service and not crowded. So we recently went there with some friends: things have changed - the food is even better and a lot more happy customers have found it, too. We all had some combination of beef, lamb and chicken kabobs, and shared a large appetizer platter. We split a couple of desserts because we were all getting too full. It was great Middle Eastern food and we promised ourselves not to stay away so long again!

• Visited March 2013