All reviews parking garage front desk waffles free covered parking sleeping room separate sitting area george mason university waffle maker modern decor free breakfast is mini fridge nice area my home away from home lobby area indoor pool lots of restaurants would definitely stay here again
Reviewed January 24, 2011

I stayed at this location for only two nights on a recent business trip. The rooms were clean and the service was good. I was able to get a decent price for an 'off-peak' time. I travel a bit on business and generally just want something that's #1 clean and #2 comfortable. This location fit the bill.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 3, 2011

The hotel is not luxurious, but I can't find anything negative to say about it.
- Hotel is new and very clean
- Decoration is modern
- There is a sofabed and chaise in the living area
- separate kitchen area with microwave and fridge
- fridge very quite
- window opens
- 2 closets
- bed is comfortable
- breakfast consist of healthy food only (no white bread)
- laundry cost only $1
- receptionist exceptionally nice to my 2 children
- lots of restaurants nearby
- very reasonable price
Will definitely stay here again if I am in the area.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 26, 2010

Location of the hotel is good... lots of restaurants and shops around if needed. Good location for GMU, Fairfax and the Burke area. Hotel seems new, decorated in a modern European style which was a little odd. I would not describe it as "luxurious" as the previous poster did, but it is clean and new. Front desk lady was wonderful, very friendly. Key cards did not work the first time and we had to return the the front desk. Finally got into our room and it smelled heavily of smoke (in a non-smoking hotel). We returned to the front desk and the front desk lady moved us to another room. This room was free of smoke, and she even called us in the room to check on us and offer her apologies for the other issues. Unfortunately, we found sleeping at night very hard due to a loud, intermitent wind noise/whistle coming from the window (and it was not very windy so it was strange). Since we were only staying here one night, we just stayed the course in this room after the trouble of already moving once. We found the breakfast to be average in compared to other SpringHill Suites we have stayed in. We would recommend this hotel to others because any issues were dealt with nicely by the front desk.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 2, 2010

This hotel is immaculately clean from it's lobby to it's luxuriously appointed suites. The bed was extremely comfortable, the bathroom in my suite was roomy and spotless, the hotel was quiet, and the room was well stocked with a small sitting area, mini fridge, microwave, a desk and lots of outlets for my electronics - it's much appreciated when I do not have to crawl around on the floor to unplug lamps in order to use my laptop or charge my cell phone! The lady working at the front desk was outstanding, I wish I remembered her name. She was welcoming, professional and seemed to genuinely enjoy her job. I definitely recommend this lovely hotel when visiting the Fairfax area. I asked the front desk to repeat the cost several times because I am used to overpaying for less quality. An absolutely unbeatable value!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank businesstraveler009
Reviewed November 12, 2010

My son and I stayed here for one night before touring George Mason University (which is very close by). I had a bit of trouble figuring out where the entrance to the hotel was but after that, everything was great. The desk staff were very helpful, the room has free Wifi and lots of outlets for my electronics, and breakfast was a lot more than I expected. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family