“Great Hotel”

SpringHill Suites Fairfax Fair Oaks
Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Fairfax
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 27, 2010

We recently stayed for four nights and had a very nice experience. The hotel is clean and nicely decorated. The staff was always extremely helpful and friendly. The room was very clean however the sofa bed had not been changed from the previous guests. Once we reported this to the front desk, the manager was determined to make it up to us. This hotel offers an indoor pool with a nice sitting area outside, a better-than-average breakfast, and shuttle service to and from the metro station. The general area is very nice and we felt very safe. We would definitely stay there again.

One word of caution which has nothing to do with the hotel. If you visit the nearby Manassas battle ground, be aware of hitchhiking ticks.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed September 15, 2010

Wow, this place was perfect for us. Our two rooms each had mini-fridge, sleeper sofa, free wired and wireless internet, big bathroom, walk-in closet, ipod dock--the room is huge. Add a nice pool, a friendly and attentive staff and a really nice free breakfast, and this place is a bargain. It's brand new and everything in it is new--nice place to stay. In the area, there's a ton of restaurants and a mall close by. If you have a car and want a place outside DC to stay, this is your place.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 31, 2010

This hotel is truly a gem in the rough! I travel some on business but happened to be in the area for a family outing and this is the nicest hotel I have been to in years. Clean rooms and lobby, pleasant staff, invaluable Metro shuttle, good FREE breakfast, and walking distance to restaurants. Also the local pizza delivery joint had incredible food for a great price. We had a WONDERFUL stay! I want to plan a return trip just so I can feel pampered again ;-)

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2010

This NEW hotel is comfortable, conveniently located and the staff are exceptional. I spent 4 months at this hotel and never had a bad experience of any kind. Very nicely appointed and clearly becoming a favorite for business travelers, though I saw lots of families and sports teams on the weekends. The staff really made every effort to make my stay feel as close to home as possible.

Given the price of hotel rooms in the area, the SpringHill Suties is truly a bargain and its close to numerous restaurants, pubs and shopping. Covered parking on those snowy winter days was a real plus!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 24, 2010

Hotel appears to be relatively new. Parking is easy, front desk staff is great, breakfast is pretty good at least one hot choice (better than those continental type breakfasts). Hotel shuttle requires a reservation, used it once turned out to be a big pain. Took 45 minutes to get to the Metro station and driver was half an hour late picking us up. Paid the $4.50 to park after that! Cleaning staff was mediocre at best. room was barely made up. Ran out of toilet paper, Yes toilet paler (how does that happen?) also shampoo and towels. Also, fitness room had 2 treadmills neither of which worked, free weights were adequate.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 18, 2010

I went on a road trip to DC and NYC and we wanted to stay in more economic hotels. It is the best hotel I've ever been to and for the price it has, it's just perfect. It's a beautiful state of the art hotel with great service and cleanliness. When we arrived our room was ready, it was a double bed with couch-bed room, perfect for us since we were five people. The hotel is in the perfect place minutes from restaurants, the fairfax mall and the metro station. It's about half an hour from DC but it's worth the drive for price + service something you don't find. The first day we used our own car and we drove to DC, but the next day we used the metro to have a more DC experience, the station is about five minutes from the hotel. I saw a shuttle but you have to ask where does it takes you because I didn't use it. It's situated in a nice neighborhood I always felt secure. Honestly I cannot find something wrong with this hotel it's perfect and if you're looking for something cheap but with good service for your DC trip don't think it twice!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2010

We didn't have reservations when we stopped here while my husband took care of business in Fairfax. We are used to a suite having a separate area for our kids even if it doesn't have a separate room. We could only get 2 double beds for the five of us so it was a bit cramped.
I'm used to suites having 2 TVs, no matter how many real rooms they have but there was only a swivel TV for both rooms.
The decor is definitely modern but nice...the decorations were a little too tempting and accessible for our 18-month-old. I had to make some modifications.
The beds and pillows were very comfortable. My husband complained about sleeping but that's because having a baby between you in a double bed is just too much. He ended up ditching us and sleeping on the couch.
My main complaint was breakfast. The choices weren't too varied but they did have eggs and sausage. There just wasn't enough seating for the people who were eating. I ate standing up by my kids' table. Other people were in the same situation.
The elevator was remarkably slow. We waited a long time and it seemed only one was working. I overheard the maids complaining about it a few times when I passed them in the hall so hopefully it was troublesome only that day.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business