“Excellent Hotel!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Excellent Hotel!”
Reviewed August 31, 2010

This hotel is truly a gem in the rough! I travel some on business but happened to be in the area for a family outing and this is the nicest hotel I have been to in years. Clean rooms and lobby, pleasant staff, invaluable Metro shuttle, good FREE breakfast, and walking distance to restaurants. Also the local pizza delivery joint had incredible food for a great price. We had a WONDERFUL stay! I want to plan a return trip just so I can feel pampered again ;-)

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Korean first
Elb0
Reviewed August 10, 2010

This NEW hotel is comfortable, conveniently located and the staff are exceptional. I spent 4 months at this hotel and never had a bad experience of any kind. Very nicely appointed and clearly becoming a favorite for business travelers, though I saw lots of families and sports teams on the weekends. The staff really made every effort to make my stay feel as close to home as possible.

Given the price of hotel rooms in the area, the SpringHill Suties is truly a bargain and its close to numerous restaurants, pubs and shopping. Covered parking on those snowy winter days was a real plus!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Fenton, Michigan
Reviewed July 24, 2010

Hotel appears to be relatively new. Parking is easy, front desk staff is great, breakfast is pretty good at least one hot choice (better than those continental type breakfasts). Hotel shuttle requires a reservation, used it once turned out to be a big pain. Took 45 minutes to get to the Metro station and driver was half an hour late picking us up. Paid the $4.50 to park after that! Cleaning staff was mediocre at best. room was barely made up. Ran out of toilet paper, Yes toilet paler (how does that happen?) also shampoo and towels. Also, fitness room had 2 treadmills neither of which worked, free weights were adequate.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed July 18, 2010

I went on a road trip to DC and NYC and we wanted to stay in more economic hotels. It is the best hotel I've ever been to and for the price it has, it's just perfect. It's a beautiful state of the art hotel with great service and cleanliness. When we arrived our room was ready, it was a double bed with couch-bed room, perfect for us since we were five people. The hotel is in the perfect place minutes from restaurants, the fairfax mall and the metro station. It's about half an hour from DC but it's worth the drive for price + service something you don't find. The first day we used our own car and we drove to DC, but the next day we used the metro to have a more DC experience, the station is about five minutes from the hotel. I saw a shuttle but you have to ask where does it takes you because I didn't use it. It's situated in a nice neighborhood I always felt secure. Honestly I cannot find something wrong with this hotel it's perfect and if you're looking for something cheap but with good service for your DC trip don't think it twice!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
philadelphia area
Reviewed July 15, 2010

We didn't have reservations when we stopped here while my husband took care of business in Fairfax. We are used to a suite having a separate area for our kids even if it doesn't have a separate room. We could only get 2 double beds for the five of us so it was a bit cramped.
I'm used to suites having 2 TVs, no matter how many real rooms they have but there was only a swivel TV for both rooms.
The decor is definitely modern but nice...the decorations were a little too tempting and accessible for our 18-month-old. I had to make some modifications.
The beds and pillows were very comfortable. My husband complained about sleeping but that's because having a baby between you in a double bed is just too much. He ended up ditching us and sleeping on the couch.
My main complaint was breakfast. The choices weren't too varied but they did have eggs and sausage. There just wasn't enough seating for the people who were eating. I ate standing up by my kids' table. Other people were in the same situation.
The elevator was remarkably slow. We waited a long time and it seemed only one was working. I overheard the maids complaining about it a few times when I passed them in the hall so hopefully it was troublesome only that day.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Aurora, Illinois
Reviewed July 9, 2010

We stayed here two nights for our days in DC on our trip visiting Virginia. Our travels into the heart of DC took us about 45 minutes. We were planning on using the hotels shuttle service to the Metro and take that into DC, but we ended up deciding to just drive it. The hotel seems to be in a quieter location and is fairly new. The place was very clean and our rooms were typical Springhill rooms. The breakfast wasn't as good as typical Springhills only offering Biscuits and Gravy for the hot choices both mornings. The kids enjoyed the pool which actually had a life guard on duty, something we haven't been use to. The parking is in a hotel owned parking garage and is free. The grounds around the hotel are beautiful including fountains and well maintained grounds. This is my first time having to point this out for a Springhill. The front desk staff were extremely friendly. If spending time in DC, this hotel should be considered.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed July 7, 2010

My boyfriend and I did the Washington DC 4th of July and found this hotel outside of DC. We paid 69$ a night and were not sure what exactly to expect. We were impressed at the value. The hotel was not an unreasonable distance from the Metro Station and it was clean, breakfast included (which is great by the way), our room was cleaned always when we got back and the staff was very helpful. We definitely will come back.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple