$99
$110
$99
GardenInn.com
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $121/night.

$91
CandlewoodSuites
$98
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $119/night.

$79
HIExpress.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $92/night.

Comfort Inn University Center(Fairfax)(Great Value!)
$71
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $81/night.

Fairfax Marriott at Fair Oaks(Fairfax)(Great Value!)
$87
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $116/night.

Best Western Fairfax(Fairfax)(Great Value!)
$87
All reviewsparking garagefront deskwafflessleeper sofafree covered parkingsleeping roomseparate sitting areageorge mason universitywaffle makermodern decorfree breakfast ismini fridgenice areamy home away from homelobby areaindoor poollots of restaurants
Reviewed June 9, 2010

I stayed at the Springhill Suites for almost a week. I found the hotel to be extremely clean, the room was spacious and comfortable. I was horrified to learn upon check in that 3 school groups would be arriving that night. However, the soundproofing is excellent and I only heard them when they went to their rooms. Also, the hotel seems to have a good system for dealing with the groups so they don't take over the entire place.

I didn't eat the free breakfast, but it looked great. The garage parking was nice, too.

The hotel is rather far from downtown DC, if that's why you're visiting. The hotel does offer a shuttle to the Metro, but it's still not a quick trip.

The rates on the weekend are great, but during the week it's quite expensive, but not out of line with other hotels in the area.

My one complaint would be the staff. They just didn't seem very experienced or they just didn't care. However, it wasn't enough of an issue not to stay again.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed June 4, 2010

My husband and I decided to book this hotel after reading some great reviews about it...and we are very glad we did! Expecting a trip to DC with an 8 yr. old over Memorial Day weekend to be a nightmare, the hotel was actually a very refreshing surprise! The place is brand new, with sleek, modern decor, extremely spacious rooms, and the entire hotel (rooms, lobby, etc) was spotlessly clean. The wireless internet was actually very fast and didn't drop at all, and there were many high-end touches, such as granite counter tops, double sheeting, feather pillows, etc. There were several soccer teams staying there that weekend yet we didn't hear them at all, our room was very quiet. We had a mini-kitchen area with a fridge, microwave, and sink, which made it easy to buy our own snacks and have cold drinks available before leaving on day trips and the free covered parking was a nice perk. The only thing I would change would be to possibly increase the pool temperature a bit (according to my son), but the fitness center was brand new and was more than adequate. We will be staying here again and I would recommend this hotel to anybody looking for an excellent value and clean, relaxing accommodations.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 20, 2010

Our school travelled FROM GEORGIA to Washington, D.C. and stayed at the Springhill Suites Marriott in Fairfax, VA. THE SERVICE was absolutely GREAAT! The rooms were everything advertised on the internet...and really...they were a little more than shown in the internet pictures! I will definitely book future overnight stays with Springhill. We had a group of 42 and everyone's needs were addressed: the children, the parents and the bus driver. A hot breakfast was provided in a private space so that everyone could be together. The pool had a lifeguard that stayed the entire time that our kids were swimming (splashing). The BEDS.....were great after spending a full day of walking and taking in the D.C. sights. Nevertheless, don't hesitate to stay at SPRINGHILL SUITES MARRIOTT. THE GENERAL MANAGER, JOANN WORKED WITH US TO INSURE THAT EVERYTHING WAS RIGHT...UNTIL WE LEFT! SPRINGHILL HELPED TO MAKE OUR SCHOOL TRIP A REAL SUCCESS! THANKS!

• Stayed: May 2010
Reviewed May 10, 2010

We just spent 6 nights at this hotel and loved it. It was a little far out of town (DC) for our visit, but it was such a great deal that it was worth it for us to stay in Fairfax and take the Metro downtown (they had a free shuttle service to the Metro station). With AAA rates, we got 3 nights at $119 and the other 3 nights at $89.

The free continental breakfast was excellent, and helped us save money on the trip. The room was very nice, and there was plenty of space. The hotel was a little loud at times due to large school groups staying there during our visit.

Service was great overall, with one minor problem during our stay. One night, some random guy walked right into our room using his key card. Apparently, a group had just arrived and the staff accidentally assigned them to rooms that were already being used. The staff fixed the problem quickly, but it was a pain because the random door opening late at night woke up our toddler who was sleeping in a portable crib by the door. Also, that next morning we received a wake-up call really early (which we didn't request), so our boy got very little sleep that night. So, that was one bad night, but the other 5 nights were great.

A couple other things to note: the internet connection in the room was pretty slow, and the heated pool wasn't very warm.

But I'm starting to nitpick. We really loved it at this hotel. The room was large and comfortable, and was kept very clean. We had a nice refrigerator and microwave in the room. With the low rates, free breakfast, and free shuttle service, we were able to spend a week in DC without breaking the bank. And it didn't require staying in a complete dump to do it. The Springhill Suites is very new and modern, and we would recommend it to anyone else traveling in that area.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 28, 2010

I was already prepared to be annoyed when I showed up, running very late, and having missed the opportunity to book other nearby hotels at a pre-arranged convention discount... Not accustomed to paying $149 for routine business accommodations, and frankly was expecting a typical mediocre room at an inflated rate. But my misgivings were dispelled almost immediately when I entered a small but tasteful and very new-looking lobby. Instead of the typical misinformed and sloppy/indifferent desk clerks, the desk staff was young but sharply dressed, and familiar with the location I needed to find. When I got to my room, another pleasant surprise- While not large, it was attractive with a light and airy modern euro type decor, and so clean and crisp, I felt like I was the first guest to use the room! A large flat screen Phillips TV (I'm estimating it was a 32" diagonal picture) situated so that I could watch comfortably while checking e-mails at the work desk (and free wireless internet!) and another pleasant surprise, HD channels! Bed was firm and comfortable, linens smelled laundry-fresh (a hint of citrus maybe?). I skipped the complimentary breakfast, but it looked reasonably well-stocked with bacon, eggs, make-your-own-waffles, cereal, juice, coffee etc. While I don't typically expect to pay this much for a business trip, I've certainly paid more and received much less to stay at other name-brand hotels. I would not hesitate to stay here again, though next time, I 'll see if I can plan a bit further ahead.

Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business