“Perfect for a trip to DC” 5 of 5 stars

SpringHill Suites Fairfax Fair Oaks
Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Fairfax
GreenLeadersBronze level
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Perfect for a trip to DC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2010

This hotel is in a great location, clean, beautifully decorated, and a few minutes away from the Vienna/Fairfax Metro station to ride into Washington DC. The hotel offers complimentary shuttles to and from the Metro station as well - utilize them! The parking situation at the Metro stations is horrendous. The staff was very helpful, the complimentary breakfast was pretty good, and the whole hotel feels brand new. Definitely a bargain.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Korean first
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2010

This hotel was very clean, the staff was very helpful. Very modern decor, tastefully done with quality materials. Good location with easy access to major roads. Overall a very good value!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
hanover, pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2010

I am not the same person that previous wrote a review but my family and i recently stayed there as well for a visit to george mason univ. we arrived early so we knew we couldnt check in but thanks for having a bathroom convient in the lobby. anyway the man at the front desk was very helpful in giving us directions to george mason univ. at least we didnt have to fight the bumer to bumper traffic on the main roads. he got us there the not so congested roads. when returning after watching the softball game, we were able to check in to our room. was a very nice room just the way they advertised, the 1 with 2 double beds. very clean etc. after getting settled in, headed back to the front desk to get directions to the fairoaks shopping mall. the lady at the desk gave a printout from mapquest to get there plus verbal gave us the directions, again getting the not so congested streets. after shopping, we hit the indoor pool and fitness room. was very nice as well. complimentary towels, 1 less thing to drag home wet. breakfast in the morn was very good. things were kept full and the waitress greeted everyone as they arrived. was a busy morning as the air force track team was there as well. she made a good start to our a rainy day to tour the campus. the parking garage was very nice too since it was raining we didnt have to rush to put our things in the car to keep them dry.

If we need another visit to the univ., this will definitely be our 1st choice at picking a place to stay. the rate was very good, too. we didnt use the univ discount was cheaper just to make a reservation online ahead of time.

thanks for a great stay!!!!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2010

Got a very good rate from the George Mason website and decided to switch over from the Courtyard (just down the street). I'm glad I did. The hotel itself is very new (I think it opened October/2009). Rooms are very big, as the name implies all rooms are mini-suites. Free breakfast is good. I didn't like the eggs, but many other were eating them so maybe it's just me. They offer a good selection (waffles, cereal, bagels, muffins etc.) so I simply switched over to something I did enjoy.

My one complaint would be that the breakfast is available only until 10 AM (9:30 on weekdays). They could extend it another half hour on the weekend for those of us who may have been out the night before.

The staff is very friendly. The person at the front desk was especially helpful in that I had forgotten my cell phone charger and he tracked one down and charged it for me.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Williamsburg, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2010

Brian's review of this hotel made me want to try it. I too had had the disappointment of the nearby Candlewood Suites and was similarly delighted by the quality of the Springhill Suites. Great value for the frequent Fairfax business traveler who wants a room with a mini kitchen. Good fitness facilities, and the covered parking is a fabulous plus with all this snow!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Annapolis, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2010

The hotel is a recent renovation -- and it shows. The outside is clean and modern. Open-air parking is very limited, however there is a parking garage on site. This helped to keep the car out of the snow during the recent storms. Definitely a nice feature!

Inside, the lobby is very modern. It looks like a piece of modern art actually, with a lot of stainless steel/aluminum. Personally, I didn't find the decoration very appealing, but the layout was functional. Reception is at a circular desk as soon as you walk in the door. A small snack counter is off to the right. Lobby/breakfast area is off to the left. The business center is not in a separate office, but rather at a desk in the lobby area.

The hotel provided a free breakfast every morning. To be honest, it needs greater variety. Every morning was cereal, oatmeal, waffles, eggs, sausage, and bread for toast. It got old very fast. But, the server -- Deborah, I think her name was -- made breakfast very enjoyable. She took care of us like we were family! Marriott -- if you read this -- give her a promotion! Or, at least a raise!

Our room was an actual suite with separate living area and bedroom. The furnishings were new and very comfortable. The bed was very nice and clean. The bathroom had a very low tub -- too low for a bath -- but the shower worked well. We had one minor complaint: Our TV had volume issues. It would blast at full volume whenever we turned it on. The maintenance team tried to fix it, but....

I have to give kudos to the staff. The team at SpringHill Suites did everything possible to make our stay enjoyable -- even giving me a free afternoon on the day I was supposed to check out (My mistake! Forgot which day I was leaving!). The folks at the front desk greeted us by name each time we returned to the hotel. Nice touch!

All in all, it was a great experience. I would definitely stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2009

On my last trip out to Fairfax, I stayed down the road at Candlewood Inn & Suites and was sorely disappointed. Springhill Suites, on the other hand, was a breath of fresh air. To start with, the hotel has a nice attached parking structure, allowing me to park out of the rain/snow and walk into the building via a covered walkway. The entire hotel has a very modern feel – the lobby was nicely appointed with a new business center, for-purchase food pantry, and a nice lounge/breakfast area. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

My room was nicely appointed with a similar modern feel. It had a small food prep area with a sink, microwave, and a mini-fridge. The studio suite had a small partition with a sofa bed and a king sized bed. There was a nice desk and comfortable chair for working, a large bathroom, and plenty of room to stretch out and relax. The HDTV also received HD signals (a nice treat)! The TV was viewable from the couch in the “living room” and the bed in “bedroom”.

The bed featured nice white linens with a down comforter and a mix of down and foam pillows – a harder mattress then I typically prefer, but still quite comfortable (my wife would’ve loved it!). The clock radio featured an iPod dock; and I had more accessible electrical outlets than I had gadgets to plug into them! The room had both wired and wireless internet with good signal strength.

Breakfast in the morning was better than most – typically bacon, eggs, make-your-own waffles, muffins, bagels, cereal, fresh fruit, OJ, and coffee. Nothing to write home about, but there’s a good bit of variety for free.

The price was good, the location decent, amenities quite nice – I’d recommend this for anyone in the Fairfax area. For the first time in a long time, I truly felt like I could relax at a hotel! The only downside I saw to this place was that I got zero cell phone service in my room (on AT&T) – and I do mean zero. I found one spot on the bed where I got one bar on my phone, but that was it. I’m not sure if this is a dead zone with AT&T or some side of building blockage (I struggled to receive FM stations on the clock radio too)…odd… but, the rest of the hotel was more than enough to make up for this small inconvenience.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Brian_Davis
SpringHillFairFax, Manager at SpringHill Suites Fairfax Fair Oaks, responded to this review, December 9, 2009
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We greatly appreciate your feedback.

I look forward to meeting you on your next trip to our hotel.

Shane