All reviewsparking garagefront deskwafflessleeper sofafree covered parkingsleeping roomseparate sitting areageorge mason universitywaffle makermodern decorfree breakfast ismini fridgenice areamy home away from homelobby areaindoor poollots of restaurants
Reviewed November 8, 2017 via mobile

Very nice hotel. Convenient to Fairfax Commons where there around seven good restaurants. Free parking is always nice. Complimentary wifi was decent. Suite was nice and large. Bathroom clean and well equipped. Would definitely choose again, but not if my business was towards D.C. Traffic to / from is crazy.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business
Thank Joseph F. S
Reviewed October 22, 2017

We had been on a month long western trip, where we had our first experience with Springhill Suites. It was wonderful, so when we had an opportunity to have our grandsons stay with us in a hotel, we happily booked this Springhill Suites for two nights. Thurs.night and Fri. day were to be spent with our grandsons. Fri. night it was just my husband and I , as we were leaving to drive home Sat. morning.

Unfortunately, this stay was not so nice. This was a treat for our 6yr. old whose birthday was on Fri. We had promised swimming in the indoor pool on Fri. morning, as it was too late for them when we arrived Thurs. night. Imagine our disappointment when we were told that the pool was only open at 5PM. The girl at the desk said she would check and see if they could open early, but we never heard any result.

We requested a high floor, which we were given. However, we were asked to tell our grandsons to be quiet. I was a bit taken back by this, as they were standing quietly, looking all around. They were not running or giving any indication that they would not be quiet. Having been in lots of places with loud, running children, I can appreciate not wanting them to run or be loud, but to be reprimanded before hand was a bit off putting. It was as if we were being given a special privilege, or we would ordinarily be consigned to the basement.

Fri. morning we checked with the girl at the desk, who spent some time on the phone trying to get someone to open early, but no luck.

We had an acceptable breakfast, but the boys were disappointed not to have waffles,but not a big deal. The breakfast items were typical. There was bacon and sausage available with eggs, oatmeal, cereal. Most hotels now offer waffles or pancakes as standard fare.

Sat. morning, it was an entirely different atmosphere. There were two bus loads of tourists, in addition to any other patrons. Breakfast was chaos. HOWEVER, there were 2 waffle makers available. No bacon or sausage, this morning.

At checkout, my husband very calmly as is his nature, mentioned to the girl at the desk(I wish he had gotten names), how disappointed we were that pool was not open, and that it was strange that they had waffles, but didn't have them yesterday. He thought that if pool was not open normal hours, it should say so on website. We would have gone elsewhere. She was quite belligerent. Telling him they only have waffles on weekends. Asking him what websites he looked at, more or less saying it was his fault for not knowing these details. She did say the manager would be there any minute, and he could talk to her.

After loading the car, and returning the luggage cart the manager was still not there. We were not going to stick around waiting, when the damage was already done.

On the plus side, the facility was clean, although one of our used washcloths was left in the tub after housecleaning did our room. The bed was comfortable. I don't know if lower floors are noisier or not, but 5th floor was very quiet. The layout of the rooms makes it nice if you have children sharing the room, but in the future, we will find another place to take our grandsons.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed October 19, 2017

This was a nice Springhill, the rooms were comfortable, and had a great feature when traveling with kids. The sofa bed had a trundle so essentially you had an extra two twin beds. perfect for the kids!

Room Tip: Top floor was quiet!
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2017

Booked this hotel a few days before. Tons of rooms available in area when I booked this room Coming up from South Carolina and needed to stay in the Fairfax area. Knew we were going to be late, so called the hotel at 5 pm to let them know we would arrive between 11:30 and midnight. Arrived at 11:38 to find out our room was unavailable due to a broken air conditioner.

The hotel tried to put us up in a crummy Comfort Inn around the corner. No other rooms available within 20 miles of Fairfax. Apparently there was a concert and a soccer tournament in the area and all of the rooms had booked up around 9 pm that night. The hotel did not bother to call us prior to arrival to let us know the room was unavailalble, instead waited for us to arrive and just said here you are staying in this hotel.

The hotel they tried to send us to had a king bed and a hot tub in the room. I'm staying with my sixteen year old daughter, I don't need a king bed and a hot tub, I need two queen beds and the suite I booked. If they had called us in advance, we would have stopped somewhere further out in a less crowded area. Instead we spent an hour trying to find another hotel, then ended up just heading home instead and my daughter missed her event in Fairfax.

Don't stay here, very poorly managed and they were clearly hoping I wasn't going to show up, so they could make money double-booking the room. Obviously gave our room away to one of the many drunk people hanging out in the lobby.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
Shanda J, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fairfax Fair Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2017

Balt1
We were are definitely disheartened to find that we were not able to accommodate you. I sincerely apologize that the hotel and staff were not able to rectify the issues with the AC in the room that you were assigned to prior to your arrival. I assure you my team did all they could to reach out to you prior to your arrival. They spent hours on hold with Expedia in an effort to get your contact information. We apologize for the experience you encountered with the room type at the location our hotel reserved for you. When these unfortunate things happen we do try to make it right by relocating and paying for new accommodations for our displaced guest and I am truly sorry that the new accommodations were not to your liking.
I was truly saddened to see that your daughter missed out on her event. We hope that you contact us if there is anything we can still do to make this right for you and your daughter. Again our apologizes and we hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed September 25, 2017

We stayed here in Fairfax this past weekend and really enjoyed it. We were visiting George Mason University. The hotel was super close and we will stay here EVERYTIME we visit DC. The rooms were spacious, clean, and comfortable! The pool was a nice touch after a long day of touring. We enjoyed the breakfast. It had a nice variety. The staff was more than accommodating. The beautiful evening shift girl was amazing and caring. My daughter's eyes were irritated and she was more than helpful.

Room Tip: all the rooms are great but the 2 bed suites are a little larger
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family