“A very comfortable stay!”

SpringHill Suites Fairfax Fair Oaks
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Fairfax
GreenLeadersBronze level
Denver, Colorado
“A very comfortable stay!”
Reviewed December 2, 2009

On my last trip out to Fairfax, I stayed down the road at Candlewood Inn & Suites and was sorely disappointed. Springhill Suites, on the other hand, was a breath of fresh air. To start with, the hotel has a nice attached parking structure, allowing me to park out of the rain/snow and walk into the building via a covered walkway. The entire hotel has a very modern feel – the lobby was nicely appointed with a new business center, for-purchase food pantry, and a nice lounge/breakfast area. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

My room was nicely appointed with a similar modern feel. It had a small food prep area with a sink, microwave, and a mini-fridge. The studio suite had a small partition with a sofa bed and a king sized bed. There was a nice desk and comfortable chair for working, a large bathroom, and plenty of room to stretch out and relax. The HDTV also received HD signals (a nice treat)! The TV was viewable from the couch in the “living room” and the bed in “bedroom”.

The bed featured nice white linens with a down comforter and a mix of down and foam pillows – a harder mattress then I typically prefer, but still quite comfortable (my wife would’ve loved it!). The clock radio featured an iPod dock; and I had more accessible electrical outlets than I had gadgets to plug into them! The room had both wired and wireless internet with good signal strength.

Breakfast in the morning was better than most – typically bacon, eggs, make-your-own waffles, muffins, bagels, cereal, fresh fruit, OJ, and coffee. Nothing to write home about, but there’s a good bit of variety for free.

The price was good, the location decent, amenities quite nice – I’d recommend this for anyone in the Fairfax area. For the first time in a long time, I truly felt like I could relax at a hotel! The only downside I saw to this place was that I got zero cell phone service in my room (on AT&T) – and I do mean zero. I found one spot on the bed where I got one bar on my phone, but that was it. I’m not sure if this is a dead zone with AT&T or some side of building blockage (I struggled to receive FM stations on the clock radio too)…odd… but, the rest of the hotel was more than enough to make up for this small inconvenience.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Brian_Davis
SpringHillFairFax, Manager at SpringHill Suites Fairfax Fair Oaks, responded to this review, December 9, 2009
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We greatly appreciate your feedback.

I look forward to meeting you on your next trip to our hotel.

Shane

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Korean first
Hershey
Reviewed November 15, 2009

Had a very nice stay. The staff could not have been any more helpful with dinner reservations and places to visit. The free breakfast was just ok but had plenty of food. There are restaurants everywhere We parked our car at the GMU Metro, ( "TRAIN ")which is 5 miles from the hotel and only takes about 20 mins to Washington DC. Great rail system and $8 all day pass. VERY CLEAN NEW hotel not the Hotel Monaco but a very good place to stay

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple