“Reasonable rates and nice breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

SpringHill Suites Fairfax Fair Oaks
Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Fairfax
GreenLeadersBronze level
Pittsburgh, PA
“Reasonable rates and nice breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

My family and I stayed at the Springhill Suites for 2 nights for a short trip to DC. I chose this hotel because it offered a shuttle to the Vienna metro which made it convenient to go into DC. We ended up not even using the shuttle since it was an easy ~10 minute drive to the metro station. We weren't at the hotel other than to sleep, but we had a good stay. The beds were firm (which I liked) and the bathroom was adequate. The carpet was a little dirty with a very noticeable stain in the middle of it, but the rest of the room was very clean. The layout was a little strange with the TV being on the wall in between the bedroom area and the sitting area. We had to tilt the TV to watch it from the bedroom. Not a big deal, but would have been better if TV was in the center of the room. Only other thing I didn't like was that there was only toiletries for one guest, not three like us. It would have been nice to have enough toiletries for all three of us. There were enough towels provided. What we really liked was the complimentary breakfast. There was a waffle maker, eggs, potatoes, pastries and breads, fresh fruit, cereal and granola and more. It was a very nice way to start the day. There aren't any restaurants within walking distance but there are a ton within a 2-mile radius. If we go back to DC I would stay here again.

Room Tip: We had room on second floor which was fine.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Melissa C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Korean first
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

I wanted to congratulate the morning staff that handles the breakfast in the morning. I spent a week there and each and every morning they are courteous and hard working. Considering the amount of people that come through the hotel and are at breakfast every morning, they do a good job maintaining the food and keeping the area cleaned. Kudos..

Room Tip: I believe all the rooms are the same.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Sam diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I stayed at the springhill suites in fairfax for a few weeks for business and it was an all around enjoyable experience. The staff was always friendly and helpful. The hotel is kept spotless and well manicured. There is a nice patio and outdoor seating. I would highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Joshasocr
Kingston, Jamaica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

My mom and I stayed for a long weekend, from Thursday to Monday, while we attended a conference, shopped and did some sightseeing. The hotel itself was very clean and well maintained, our room was very comfortable, bathroom was great, bed was comfy. Breakfast was also very satisfying. The thing that was best though were the staff. From the front desk team members to the shuttle driver to the housekeepers, they were friendly and very helpful. The only drawback for me was that the shuttle didn't operate on the weekends and that was not convenient for me because I was visiting from another country. However, even though that was the hotel's policy, they still made an exception on Saturday morning to take us to our conference. That was definitely trying to satisfy the customer and I appreciated that. I definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
JoAnne R, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fairfax Fair Oaks, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Hi Kristine B, Thank you so much for letting us know how your stay was at our hotel, and your experience was great. We do everything we can to make sure our guests stay exceed their expectations, and I feel as if we did that in your case. Our hotel is clean, confortable, up-to-date decor, and our breakfast recently changed to include many new items. We appreciate your comments on our associates, and will pass your information on to them. I do apologize for the shuttle schedule on Saturday, but glad, we were able to accommodate your request. I hope that if you return to our area, you will let us know, and and hope to see you again.

Neosho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

My daughters and I stayed here while one of my daughters attended student orientation at George Mason University. It's a nice property with spacious, comfortable mini-suites. The lobby is attractive and the breakfast provided is adequate, nothing fancy. The elevators were a bit slow and the laundry facility could have had more than one washer/dryer set because it tended to stay busy.

The beds were comfortable, the living room type area was a plus as well.

There isn't much adjacent to the hotel and since we arrived without a vehicle, it was a little bit of an inconvenience until we rented a car from the Hertz desk in the lobby.

I plan to stay here again when I return to Fairfax with my daughter to move into the dorms in a few weeks.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Hello Murphy L, Thank you for giving us your comments, and glad that we are so close the GMU, that you were able to get there quickly. We always like feedback on our amenities, and you enjoyed our breakfast, and other amenities and I am sorry, that we our Guest Operated Laundry was busy during your stay, and we can certainly evaluate and make changes if possible. I hope that we exceeded your expecations, and that is always our goal. If you return to our area, please let us know, so we can upgrade your room. Have a great summer and see you soon.

Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is nice. Free breakfast and parking. The gym is small and the elevator is extremely slow. Overall nice place to stay. The staff are very friendly.................................................

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Tommyr73
JoAnne R, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fairfax Fair Oaks, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear Tommy73, Thank you for writing about your stay, and we are glad that you felt our Breakfast Buffet and Parking garage, were a good part of your stay, but that the size of our Fitness Center was small, and the elevator was slow. These comments help us to better the hotel, and evaluate our Fitness Center size, and fine tune the elevator speed. We do look forward to seeing you again if you return to the area, and will make sure you have a great experience in the future.

Lodi, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Stayed for a week for business. Bed was very comfy, and room was spacious. Breakfast was always hot and lots of choices. Pol was very small, and fitness center was lacking. Otherwise, it was a great stay,and I would saty again. Close to shopping and numerous restaurants

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 stars
JoAnne R, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fairfax Fair Oaks, responded to this review, September 23, 2014
Hello, Joshascr, On behalf of the SpringHill Suites, I wanted to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay, in that you were here for several weeks, which is a long time away from home. Recognizing our staff as friendly and helpful, is a great comment, and I will definately pass on your comments to them, and I know they will appreciate this.

I am glad you found time to relax on our outdoor terrace, and we take pride in keeping it clean, and well maintaitained for your leisure time. I hope that when you return to our area, you will let me know so that we can make sure make sure your next visit is just as great.