“Nice hotel, great location in Northern VA” 4 of 5 stars

SpringHill Suites Fairfax Fair Oaks
Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Fairfax
GreenLeadersBronze level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Nice hotel, great location in Northern VA”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

I stayed one night while I was in Fairfax and needed to be close to George Mason and Fairfax City, so this was a great option. Reasonably priced and convenient to 66, 50 and the Fairfax County Parkway. The room was very nice, clean and large. The bed, like all Marriott beds, was very comfy and there was a lot of great lighting. The sofa in the living area had a nice chaise that I could chill out on. Amenities were good: nice breakfast (love the waffles) and the exercise room, though small, was perfect. The front desk staff was extremely helpful. I would definitely stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
JoAnne R, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fairfax Fair Oaks, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Hello Jewel 1547, We received your comments and gald that you enjoyed your stay with us. I know that our amenitites, with the Fitness Center, and Breakfast buffet, are things that our travelers look forward to, and glad that you felt they met your needs. While we do try to exceed our guest expectations, I hope you will return to our area, and we can show you that our outstanding service will feel that we are the only hotel when in our area. Hope to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

Booked three king rooms with request to have one close to the elevator which has honored, my elderly in-laws were in the room closet to the elevator; the other two rooms were a few doors down. The suite was absolutely spotless, the entire property appeared "new" but when I inquired I was told it was about 5 years old. I would describe the decor as "modern art deco". There is just one drawer so if you were hoping to "unpack" for an extended stay that could be an issue. All staff were very friendly and willing to help. The flat screen is located on a console between the bed and living area and rotates, the view from the bed is at an angle which did not bother me. Bed "comfort" was very good for me which I hesitate to comment on as personal preferences vary! Also impossible to rate "location" although the area appeared safe and there is a large sports bar to walk to three blocks away. The breakfast buffet was fresh and extensive with separate stations for many pastry/bread offerings as well as cold ham/cheese/hard boiled eggs in addition to the "main line" for make your own waffles, eggs, breakfast meat, hot/cold cereal and fresh fruit, etc. Picky criticism is that the plastic silverware is "weak" and the coffee was not "great" but is available 24/7. I would absolutely recommend and return to this property!

Room Tip: Ask for special requests in advance, mine were honored.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank mnmel1997
Stratford, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

We reserved a two bed suite with sofabed for 4 travelers two months in advance for this Friday and Saturday night. We called ahead on Friday afternoon to inform the hotel that we would be arriving after midnight. Upon arrival, the room that we were allocated had just one bed, and we were told that they were totally booked and there was no other room available for us - this despite the fact that the reservation clearly spelled out the need for a two bed room for 4 people. To be fair, the front desk attendant was very helpful in bringing us a rollaway bed and bedding for the rollaway bed and sofa as well as enough towels for all of us, but it was very discouraging after being on the road for several hours and wanting nothing more than to go to bed on arrival to have to work through all of the hassle.
In addition to not having the beds and associated adequate space for our group, the room was strangely configured. There was only one dresser drawer in the entire suite. The bathroom had a toilet/tub/shower but no sink. The sink was out in the main room. I would have liked to be able to wash my hands in the bathroom. The TV was also located between the bedroom area and sitting area - there was really no good place to watch TV. This was a handicapped accessible room so perhaps that explains the strange configuration.
The complementary breakfast was complete with hot options (eggs, Canadian Bacon), cereals, toast/English muffins, yogurt, make your own waffles, etc. The toasters in the breakfast area were at the front of the breakfast buffet line which held up the flow through the line - they should be placed at a place where toast can be made without blocking everyone else flowing through the line. The coffee was awful - it was so weak to be almost tasteless.
We would not stay at this hotel again. It was clean and the staff was friendly, but overall it did not meet our needs.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank DrenkardD
Argyle, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

We stayed for a night as we were traveling through the area. I booked this hotel with an application on my phone called Hotels Tonight. For one thing. I LOVE LOVE SpringHill Suites. They are by far the best by far for comfort and and a quick breakfast which is included with your room stay.The staff is usually very helpful and warm as well. This hotel though was not the most comfortable one I have been in.The bed was NOT at ALL comfortable. I really missed the pillow top. I called down for more pillows....Sadly they never arrived. I went out to the car and got my own. This hotel is clean and in a safe area. It has a parking garage. There were three large college groups there but was quiet at night. Over all a good stay, just wish my bed was as cozy.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Hyde Park, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

We stayed three nights and were very pleased with everything. The premises are very well maintained; the room was spotless and comfortable and the staff was extraordinarily friendly. You cannot pass near a staff member without receiving a friendly greeting. Parminder repeatedly asked if breakfast had been okay and did we need anything. Our grandsons enjoyed the pool, which was very clean. The breakfast buffet was excellent - eggs, turkey sausage, waffles, assorted juices and a variety of cereals, breads and pastries.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank 2oldetravellers
Vestal, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

We truly enjoy staying at SpringHill Suites. We have never been disappointed. This one met all of our needs as expected. It is in a nice area of Fairfax, near the village center. Easy to find off I-66 and close for us to relatives we visit. The rooms are comfortable, quiet with good ventilation. The hotel desk staff are super friendly. The breakfast buffet was perfect for us, eggs, breads, cereals and hot coffee. The host/hostess for the breakfast room were terrific keeping everything well presented and well stocked. We will definitely be back and highly recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Des Plaines, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

I stay at this hotel about 30 times a year. The staff is like family and is always welcoming. The general manager greats me regularly by saying 'welcome home'. While the people are most important, I also stay here because as a business owner there is great value for the money, the location - almost right next to GMU and I-66 wonderful, and I feel safe in the hotel.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business