“Love Springhill!” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Love Springhill!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We love staying in Springhill Suites and this was no exception! Staff was friendly, room was clean and it was everything we expected. The only disappointing things were the hallway and the elevator were dirty. The hallway needed to be vacuumed (looked like it hadn't been vacuumed in a few days) and both elevators had dirty handprints all the way up all sides. Seems like someone was roughhousing. We would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
JoAnne R, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Hi RCG2, I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write us, and I am sorry, that you found the public area in need of better cleaning. We value your comments, and hope that the rest of your stay was great, and that if you are in our area again you will let us know, so that we can upgrade your suite. All our guests are important and we want to make sure we give you a great experience at the SpringHill Suites in Fairfax. Thanks again for your feedback, and look foward to seeing you again.

SIncerely,

Mooresville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Thanks for a great stay on our visit to DC. The staff was friendly and welcoming. We utilized their shuttle to and from the Metro daily making our venture in DC headache free. The room was perfect every day.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Hello CohassetMA, I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at the SpringHill Suites. We always appreciate your feedback and comments, and we strive to make sure that all our guests have a great experience. I am glad that you were able to use our shuttle to the Metro, and hope that you will visit us again in the near future. If you let us know in advance, we can upgrade your suite. Thank you again and hope to see you soon.

Cohasset, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

The SpringHill Suites Fairfax is a very well-run hotel with great value for the rooms. The service is excellent and the rooms are very nicely done. There are decent facilities on site, including a small gym and nice indoor pool. The parking is convenient and close by, with 2 of 3 levels covered. I highly recommend this hotel for anyone traveling in the NoVA area, either for business or family vacation.

Room Tip: Avoid the top floor during summer months as the A/C units on the roof are noisy.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

My wife and I had a doctor's appointment in the area and stayed at the Fairfax Springhill Suites for one night. This was the second time here and it was a different experience. We made the reservation 6 days in advance and requested a lower room with a king bed. We received an e-mail confirmation for the room request. When we checked in we were told we had king but not on the first floor. They said they had a room on the first floor but it was 2 doubles. We decided to take it to avoid the extra walking. The TV was working but many of the channels were not working. After calling the front desk, the girl said she would get back to us. An hour and half later (around 6:30PM) we called again and they said someone would be there in the morning. The breakfast was average for a Marriott property.The next morning the shower light went out while I was showering.. An added aside, when we checked in the front desk person asked what are business was.. I had remembered an earlier reviewer on Trip Adviser mentioned he had the same question put to him and he felt it intrusive. I asked the front desk guy why the question and he said the manager wants them to ask. This was a first time I encountered this at a Marriott.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
JoAnne R, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Hello CAVINS12, I wanted to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay, and truly apologize for the problem with the TV, and light fixture in the shower. We do try to give all our guests a great experience and it looks like we did not followup with these items, and I am very sorry for that. We are a new hotel, and this feedback allows us to re-train our associates, and make sure that the followup is key to a satisfied guest, and if you are in our area again, please let me know, and we can make sure your stay will exceed your expectations. Thanks again, for your comments, and hope to see you again.

Voorhees, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Excellent rooms with all amenities. Close to Leesburg Premium Outlet, Tyson's Corner Galleria if you love shopping and very close to D.C. for sight seeing. Met our expectations, in fact, did better than I expected,

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Hello LakshmiM, Thank you so much for letting us know about your stay, and that you were able to get to the outlet stores conveniently. We do strive to exceed our guests expecations, and we are very close to the Tyson's Corner Shopping Center, and other malls around us. We hope that you will come back to our area, and please let me know, so that we can upgrade your suite.

Newport News, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

This hotel is superior in every way. We were greeted with smiles and the staff is superb in every way. Excellent rooms with breakfast in the morning. There is covered parking. All in all a superb place to stay

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
JoAnne R, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Hello Thomas C,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay, and we appreciate your comments, and glad that we exceeded your expectations. We believe that all our guests should leave with a thought of returning and if you do return to our area, please let us know, so that we can upgrade you. Have a great summer, and Thanks again. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I stayed here for only one night was very impressed by the hotel. It is a new hotel it seems so everything is pretty nice and the lobby was nicely decorated as well.

Rooms are nicely appointed and look good. Parking is convenient with a garage next door and location is very good.

I had a problem with hotel that wasn't really fixed. The wall controls for the AC didn't work and when I called the person on the phone was a little rude and insinuated that I didn't know how to use the controls. I had just stayed the night before in a different springhill suites and certainly know how to operate the controls. I asked for someone to come help and after 45 minutes called back to say nevermind because I wanted to go to bed.

The room was 80 degress, so it wasn't super pleasant the whole night.

Other than that small issue, I enjoyed my stay and it was packed at the bfast in the morning, but I had to leave quickly so I didn't get to take part in some free food!

would stay here again if I was passing through the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the garage for a somewhat decent view of the surrounding area.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
JoAnne R, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear SMR_2,
Hello, and thank you for sharing your comments about your stay, and I am sorry that the AC unit control was not working properly. We do strive to make sure that our guests have a great experience and I hope that you will return to our area again, and let us prove that we can provide excellent service. I know you had other good comments and we appreciate your taking the time to let us know about them. Please let us know if you are returning, so that we can upgrade your suite.

General Manaer