“Adequate shelter” 3 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Stone Mountain, Georgia
“Adequate shelter”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

The check in was far from spectacular. I can't recall ever checking into a hotel and not being spoken to but this was my experience at this property. The first and only words spoken were directions to the elevator. I rode up and was met by an elderly woman dressed in a security guard uniform sitting in an office chair in the middle of the hallway. She was eating what appeared to be a jar of fruit loops and milk and did not find it necessary to move aside to let me pass. I squeezed past with my luggage and proceeded. The room was fine, the breakfast just what you expect. I would probably look elsewhere if staying in Fairfax again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
JoAnne R, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fairfax Fair Oaks, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Nancyjanem:
I am glad that your stay with us was a good one, and our breakfast met your needs, but you did have a encounter when getting off the elevator that was not as expected. I appreciate your taking your time to let us know about this, so we can make sure it does not happen again. I hope that if you are in the area again, you will give us a chance to upgrade your suite and prove that we have exceptional service. Please call us direct for any future travel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

I used to stay at this property regularly for work, but retired last year. Just visited and every good thing about this property is still there! Sometimes a new place will slowly go downhill, but not this one. The positive attitude and helpfulness of the staff, the clean and spacious suite, the great food pantry, the overall service, the free on property parking, the convenient location, the shuttle to the DC metro, it's all there as good as always. Clearly the management cares about a sustained high quality. I will always stay here when in the DC area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Dave S
JoAnne R, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fairfax Fair Oaks, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Hello Dave S,
I wanted to thank you for your great comments on our hotel, and we are close to the DC area, and we always like to hear from our guests that come frequently. We would look forward to seeing you again if you come to our area, and please let us know, so that we can upgrade you.

Goochland, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

This is the 4th time here and anytime I am back in the area I will stay here. Staff is great. Helpful and accommodating. Great location with easy access to most businesses. The evening manager even remembered me from previous visits and went out of his way to make me feel welcome.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Mark G
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

I stayed here over Thanksgiving while visiting family. The property is a newer property and has the new SpringHill design. The staff were all great and the property was clean. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. The only issue that I had was that one night I walked up to the front desk and the front desk agents were watching a movie with a laptop out. I didn't matter to me, however I know that it's not acceptable for a Marriott.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Soon H
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

The Springhill Suites Hotel in Fairfax Virginia is excellent. Marriott has hit it with the Springhill concept. It gives the guest two double beds and a pull out sofa so one can accommodate a family of five. But what was especially cool about the Fairfax site is the family feel. People congregate in the lobby/restaurant to sit and talk and drink coffee. The manager after meeting me once addressed me by my name! I was stunned. This is a large hotel! The price is right. The rooms are comfortable. The location is safe and the place is friendly. I would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank HappyWanderers5
Abington, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I just spent a quick week end at this hotel while down visiting our daughter and grand children. I was very impressed with how friendly the staff is and how clean the rooms are. It appears to have been fairly recently redone and it is beautiful. It has everything you need, internet, exercise room and pool. While they do not have an actual restr. in the facilities they do provide an excellent breakfast buffet. We happenend to be there on a very busy week end but the staff somehow managed to keep up with the needs of the buffet.
The rooms are very comfortable with a lovely seperate sitting area.
This is a very convienent location with easy access to DC as well.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JPusateri
Getzville, Ny
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I can't say enough about this great hotel. The staff treated us like royalty, the room was quiet, the beds were comfy, and the location was only four miles from the Vienna Metro station. The hotel has their own mini parking ramp which makes it very convenient when it's raining.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family