“Excellent choice, spotlessly clean, great staff.”

SpringHill Suites Fairfax Fair Oaks
Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Fairfax
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 20, 2012

The staff make it a great stay. Comfy rooms. Good location for Northern Va. Plenty of food, drink, entertainment, shopping if u must, and outdoor opportunities. $5.00 movie Wednesday at the nearby 14 screen multiplex.

• Stayed: December 2012

Reviewed December 18, 2012

This was a very pleasant place to spend four nights. We found our mini-suite room well appointed and very comfortable. The included breakfast offered many options, including several hot items, such as waffles, eggs, breakfast meat (which varied by day), oatmeal and mini-quiches. One feature that I have not seen too often elsewhere is the availability of beer and wine in the cold drinks cooler in the lobby.

More than anything what stood out for my wife and I was the uniformly pleasant and helpful service provided by the reception desk staff, the breakfast room attendant and the woman who serviced our room.

The hotel is located just off I 66 within a short drive to many restaurants, a shopping mall and other shopping areas, the Air and Space Museum in Chantilly, George Mason University and downtown Fairfax.

We would certainly stay here again and we recommend it to all.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Stayed one night Dec 6, 2012. Hotel was very clean and was a good location for my appointment.
Breakfast was pretty good. Staff was friendly but not overly friendly. Overall experience was good but not a "wow." I would stay again because of the location.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 12, 2012

We recently stayed here and really enjoyed this place. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. They went out of their way to make us feel welcome and appreciated. Our room was great. The decor was very modern, clean, and fresh. We would definitely stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank awr79
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I stayed for 3 nights with my 11 year old nephew for his fall break from school. We drove to the Fairfax metro station each morning and took the train into D.C. (which of course he said was his favorite part of the trip...even above The Whitehouse, Monuments and Museums...lol). The room was modern but had just a slight smell of mildew though it wasn't enough to make me change rooms after an 8 hour drive getting there. In the hotel's defense, I'm extremely smell sensitive so others might not have even noticed.

Having the separate sitting area was nice for a kids to hang out and watch tv while the adult gets ready. The microwave and fridge were great too so we could save some money and eat dinner in the room and have a "midnight snack". The only thing I could wish is that the bathroom was just a tiny bit more plush. It was clean and perfectly fine but just a little utilitarian for my taste.

The free breakfast each morning was great and I loved that there was no charge for parking. The staff was great: a young lifeguard from Bulgaria kept me engaged with conversation about European travel while my nephew swam at the indoor pool at night. The manager even took our postcard to mail it for us and wouldn't accept money for the stamp (less than $.50 but still a nice gesture that goes a long way with me).

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank sunshineseeker1971
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We stayed at this SpringHill Suites for one night. One of the nicest Springhills I have stayed at. You can tell these owners pay attention to the little details. Very clean and comfortable. A fair sized mall awaits across the street and lots of places to eat. I would highly recommend this property. Our drive into Washington for tours from this hotel at 8:30 am on a Monday was not that bad at all ( I had been prepared for far worse - just a typical North American big city commute) but it is a bit of a hike to the commuter train. They also have a covered parking garage.

I paid about a quarter of the cost I would have paid in Washington for a room and I found the metered parking in Washington plentiful and reasonable - I appreciate i was "off season". - so well worth the drive.

I should have done my homework - I did not realize how close it was to Manassas battlefield - I could have visited there as well

One of the nicest places we stayed on a two week trip. In a very nice area of Fairfax.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank NSTraveller493
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I came to DC for a 2 night weekend trip with my 9 year old son for his birthday. We had planned on going into the city to visit the Smithsonian museums and decided to stay out of DC for cost reasons. I found Spring Hill Suites and was very pleased with our stay. There were four of us; myself, my son, my mother, and my 15 year old nephew. The staff was very welcoming upon our arrival and their courtesy continued throughout our trip. The room was a little smaller than expected (not a big deal) but we were very comfortable. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. We enjoyed breakfast very much and left the hotel for the day satisfied. My son loved making his own waffles! At one point, the gentlemen who checked us in passed my mother and greeted her by name and asked how her stay was. The hotel was very close to the metro station, about 5-7 minutes away, and to lots of restaurants and shopping. We are planning another trip to DC in the Spring and will definitely be staying at this hotel!!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family