WINNER WONDERLAND

GreenLeadersBronze level
Brooklyn, NY
“Pretty standard”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed at the SpringHill Suites Fairfax for one night. There is ample parking available. Not a very scenic location, but if you need to be in northern Virginia its not too bad. Not very easy access to public transit if you are heading into DC for the day.

The rooms were large and clean. Not traditional suites, as there is a small half wall that separates the bed area and the living area rather than two separate rooms. Think of it more as a large bedroom than a suite. There was a small kitchenette with a mini-fridge and microwave.

The lobby is nice. Very good continental breakfast with cereal, waffles, eggs, coffee, juice, etc. There is also a small shop next two reception that sells candy, drinks, microwavable meals, etc.

Overall, a decent choice but nothing outstanding.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Korean first
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

I have been commuting from my home in PA to the DC area for many quarters now. After staying at hotels all over the world, the value for dollar that you get at this property is top-tier. The rooms are clean and comfortable (as you would expect from a typical Marriott property), the location is good, and most importantly, the staff is friendly and accommodating. From Abday and Parminder at the front desk, to Bryan in sales, the team in Fairfax has gone above and beyond to make my time there pleasant. In listenting to other guests chatting with employees, I can verify that my treatment is not unique.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Williamsburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

A great find! We were in Fairfax to see a concert at the Patriot Center and we stayed one night only, but we found this to be a perfect location just minutes away from the venue and close to restaurants and shopping. The suite was restful, tasteful and spacious as would be expected of a Marriott suite hotel, but what was unexpected was the truly friendly and personal attention of the staff. Breakfast was fine, nothing to write home about, but the coffee in the lobby was fresh morning and night. Free (indoor!) parking and WiFi. Nice pool and fitness facility. And, a very good value for the area. Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Englishtown, New Jersey, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

I booked two nights. When I walked in the building I was very impressed on the decor and modern style in the lobby. The rooms although a little tight are very nice and modern as well.

Around 1030pm on the first night of the stay my ceiling began to leak water all over the couch and me. I called the front desk and they asked me if I wanted to move my room and since it was so late and my 5 yr old was asleep I declined. The front desk rep said she was going to call me back after speaking to her manager. I never received a call back that evening as promised. I went to the front desk the following morning and spoke to the front desk gentleman and he was aware of the situtation and was under the impression that the ceiling fell down in the room? Clearly a major miscommunication.

He said he couldnt offer me any discount on my room since I booked through Expedia however he offered me some snacks from the lobby. He was very caring and a total professional. He deserves major kudos on customer service and overall kindness. He actually put my daughter and I in a new room directly across the hall which was very smooth. THe new room was nice however alot of the major channels on the tv do not work. (HBO, ESPN) bummer since I was hoping to catch a big NCAA football game. I did not call and report it because its not worth it in my mind.

Overall the place is nice . Price was amazing. Great location. Decent breakfast buffett. The second front desk rep (forget his name, taller Indian/Pa kistian ?, spikey hair). Good job by him!! I am giving it a 3 1/2 star based on basic stuff. Room leaking, tv channels not working and very little internet service in the room. My IPHONE was "searching" the entire trip. Laptop took awhile to boot up.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Justin S
Southport
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

I could not fault this hotel, it is excellent in every way. From the friendly front desk staff and manageress, to the excellent facilities and convenient parking this hotel deserves high praise. We stayed here for two weeks and found the location excellent and convenient for getting into Washington DC, as well as the local Fairfax area. There are plenty of places to eat and shop within a 5 minute drive.

Breakfast was great every day, but after two weeks we were getting a bit tired of the same thing. Waffles, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, fresh fruit (bananas, apples, oranges), coffee, cereal, toast, english muffins, bagels, etc. The quality and variety were good, and the lady who attends to the breakfast was friendly and helpful.

For the 5 of us, we had 2 double beds (the double beds are quite small and you'd be pushed to fit in 2 adults), a sofa bed which sleeps 2 people and a crib. Even so, the room was a great size and the benefit of a walk in closet hides all the messy luggage.
The microwave was a great asset in heating up baby bottles, and leftover foods from restaurants. We had to buy a cheap electric kettle for boiling water, but it wasn't a big expense.
The air conditioning was brilliant, nice and cool, very powerful and kept the room at a nice temperature all night.
The bathroom is nice, with a decent size bath, and shower overhead. Water pressure and temperature were fine.
Towels were replaced each day, and housekeeping did an excellent job every day.

Parking was great, we usually parked on the lower level near the elevator as most people park on the main level so you can have a space or two either side of your vehicle on the bottom. There are 3 levels and they're serviced by an elevator which will take you to the ground floor.
All the elevators in the hotel are the Otis brand which is always a plus.

When we come back to Fairfax we won't be considering any other accommodation!

Room Tip: Being on the top floor is not so good as you have to wait a while for the elevators, even so there i...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
NJ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

We stayed here last weekend. We had a little problem with our billing before we checked in. They were going to charge us an extra $10 for our daughter when she wasn't an adult yet. The front desk took care of that. Our room was ok. We had a 2 DB suite. The double beds were small, barely enough to sleep 2. There was a suspicious looking red mark on our blanket. We figured that was from nail polish. We left it where the maid couldn't miss it. She never changed it. Instead, she rolled it up and put it underneath the tv. The blanket wasn't the main blanket. It was a green sheet, mainly for decorating purposes. There wasn't any drawers in the room. So, during the 4 night stay, we were literally living out of our suitcases. There was a drawer underneath the tv, but that was barely enough to put our laundry in. Breakfast was a zoo downstairs during the 4 day stay. The first day, they were out of bananas. I saw bananas being delivered right in front of my eyes. I asked the woman in charge for bananas and she told me that they were out of bananas. I couldn't believe it. Parking was crowded. The pros was that it is near a nice market (Wegmans) and that it was within driving distance to DC.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
JoAnne R, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fairfax Fair Oaks, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Dear Hypermom, On behalf of the SpringHill Suites Fairfax, we appreciate your taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. We do strive to make sure all our guests have a great experience, and we have taken your comments seriously, and make sure that our Complimentary Breakfast is well stocked, and our staff is courteous and helpful. I hope that if you return to our area, that you contact us, so that we can upgrade your room and allow us to exveed your expectations.

Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

I stayed two days here and the rate went up by $80 the second night. The original second night rate I was given over the phone when calling down was much higher, however. When I rejected it, it dropped a fair amount surprisingly. I was still billed the higher rate at check-out but pointed it out and they changed it without question. Hmmm. A nice staff here and good gym connected to pool which is quite nice. The parking was a nightmare once the hotel was full the second day. The spaces in the very front are too close together and lots of big trucks and vans were in them, lop-sided to make matters worse.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Dxdesse, On behalf of the SpringHill Suites Fairfax, I wanted to thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. I am sorry that your room rate was quoted incorrectly, but glad that you found our staff helpful, and received good service. We try to make sure all our guests have a great experience, and I hope that if you return to our area, that you would contact me, so that we can provide you with exceptional service and hospitality. Please let me know if I can help with future reservations.