“Adjustable Rates” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Palm Beach, Florida
“Adjustable Rates”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

I stayed two days here and the rate went up by $80 the second night. The original second night rate I was given over the phone when calling down was much higher, however. When I rejected it, it dropped a fair amount surprisingly. I was still billed the higher rate at check-out but pointed it out and they changed it without question. Hmmm. A nice staff here and good gym connected to pool which is quite nice. The parking was a nightmare once the hotel was full the second day. The spaces in the very front are too close together and lots of big trucks and vans were in them, lop-sided to make matters worse.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JoAnne R, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fairfax Fair Oaks, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Dear Dxdesse, On behalf of the SpringHill Suites Fairfax, I wanted to thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. I am sorry that your room rate was quoted incorrectly, but glad that you found our staff helpful, and received good service. We try to make sure all our guests have a great experience, and I hope that if you return to our area, that you would contact me, so that we can provide you with exceptional service and hospitality. Please let me know if I can help with future reservations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Korean first
NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

highly recommend, we came back a 2nd time. While visiting Georgetown the Springhill staff provided transport to the Fairfax Metro, and recommended that we take the Metro to Rosslyn where we took the FREE Georgetown University Transport (GUTS), breakfast varies some days just scrambled eggs other days the cheese omelet was fresh and good. Plenty of shopping nearby, for some pleasant restaurants visit Fairfax Corner appox. 1 mile from hotel. Highly recommend Thai by Thai on Fairfax Boulevard, modest price and superb.

2 Thank Robert G
Hello Robert G, On behalf of the SpringHill Suites Fairfax, I wanted to thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. Since we are so close to the Vienna Metro, I am glad that you were able to take advantage of our hotel shuttle. I know that getting into Washington, D.C. can be costly and you can spend alot of time in the car, and parking fees, also. I hope that if you return to our area, that you will contact me, and we can upgrade your suite. Again thanks and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

washington, d.c.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

If you like a messy breakfast area complete with disorganized staff (same two women each time we go there) and eggs that are powdered and then runny, then this is the place for you.
If you like to come downstairs only to find that since breakfast has only a half an hour left there will be no refreshing of the poorly designed for flowage breakfast area, then this is the place for you.
The location is the main thing this place has going for it.
No warning of a lack of paper towels in room.
The mini fridge needs to be bolted down or else it tips forward if you put stuff in it.
The hallways are unusually HOT.
The channels leave a lot to be desired--they're male-oriented. No inbetween channels like Food Network or Family Channel or Bravo. Just 5 or 6 ESPN channels, Spike, USA, Bloomberg Business and the redundant 24-hour news channels. (Some people like to unwind WHILE watching television when they get in and stay there for several days.)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
JoAnne R, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fairfax Fair Oaks, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Hello, On behalf of the SpringHill Suites Fairfax, I would like to apologize for the experience you had while at our hotel. While we strive to provide all our guests with great service and exceeding their expectations, we have taken your comments about our breakfast and amenities very seriously. All comments help us to improve and make changes that result in satisified guests. I hope that if you are in our area again, you give us a chance to redeem ourselves, and allow us to upgrade you. We have made note of the TV Channels, and variety so that we are creating a restful environment. Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay, and we look forward to another chance to exceed your expectations.

Rancho Palos Verdes, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

I joined my family for a few day to see the sights of DC. We decided to stay across in Northern Viginia this time! We found this hotel very convenient to so many restaurants and good shopping! Our rooms were cleaned thoroughly and done daily with great detail. The property had great flowers out front and the hotel had a homey feel to it! It was the perfect location for our trip. Breakfast was well maintained which was hard to do with a full hotel. Joanne, Ravi and Bryan were so accomodating; as well as all room attendants and most all we encountered. Just an overall great experience.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Hello, On behalf of the SpringHill Suites in Fairfax, I am pleased that you enjoyed our hotel, and we always strive to make sure our guesets while in our area, or going to the DC attractions, have a great experience. Your comments on our hotel and management are very helpful, and if you are back in our area, you contact us, as your hotel of choice. Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback.

Maui, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

We stayed here as a family for four days this week. We found the property clean, both in rooms , corridor and the grounds impeccable. The curb appeal has been the best I have seen of any Marriott I have stayed in this summer. That includes several Renaissance and a JW. My room was clean by noon each day and the housekeeping was fantastic. The area was sweltering each day with 100+ temps, but I saw no neglect to an area of the hotel. The staff was very friendly, including the Manager who was assisting with breakfast one morning and Brian at the front desk. I hope we have the same luck in Charlotte, Columbia SC and Atlanta.

1 Thank Kolsten
Fairfax, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights while house hunting. Our room was clean and stocked appropriately, and housekeeping did a nice job of cleaning and replenishing everything. The drain to the bar sink in our room broke but that was not a big deal.

What we found disgusting/annoying while staying at this property: no air in the hallways (not "hot air" or "cold air;" NO AIR); dead and alive bugs/worms all over the floor in the gym and on the ground floor by the elevator (they were outside too so they definitely have an infestation problem); ice machines unplugged; water fountain by the gym had no water; the door on the bottom floor was propped open and guests were smoking inside the property; the floors and stairways were NEVER vacuumed while we were here (we saw the same strip of paper on the floor in the same spot every single day); no parking in the front of the property EVER; employees talking to each other and cussing in the lobby; the computers in the lobby barely worked and the printer never did. This is the dirtiest Marriott property that I have ever stayed at and I would definitely not recommend it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank MrsHermesMA
Bryan101010, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fairfax Fair Oaks, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Helli Ms. Hermes, I received your recent Comments and we are truly sorry, that we did not exceed your expectations, while visiting the Fairfax area. We have taken your comments very seriously, have taken steps to make sure that all our public areas are clean and should you return to our area and we hope you would give us a chance to let you experience our outstanding service, and find that our hotel is a friendly and clean property. Please let us know if you are in the Fairfax area, so that we can upgrade your stay.

Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

I recently reserved a block of 20 rooms through this hotel for a funeral. Family came in not only from across the country and internationally. I could not of coordinated this event without the help of the Sales Director who assisted with everything from restaurant reservations for 50 people each night, suggestions on places to visit, help with the metro, maps and even suggested the amount of time it would take to get to the various places. Every time I walked in to the lobby, I was greeted by the staff and welcomed back, asked how my day was. I feel like I have a new group of friends there.
The hotel is conviently located between both airports. There are numerous excellent restaurants and shopping close by with easy access to 66.
The rooms were spacious and comfortable. The breakfast each morning was wonderful with a good selection. There is a multi level garage with free parking. The pool was clean.
I can not say enough good things about this hotel. If you are looking for a place that can accomodate a large group or just one room, if you want exceptional value, this is the place to stay. We are looking forward to going back.
Special thanks to Brian and his staff for their hard work to make sure our group had a comfortable and enjoyable stay. They are the best!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family