All reviews parking garage front desk waffles free covered parking sleeping room separate sitting area george mason university waffle maker modern decor free breakfast is mini fridge nice area my home away from home lobby area indoor pool lots of restaurants would definitely stay here again
Reviewed March 5, 2012

My sister made an excellent choice to stay in Fairfax at the Springhill Suites when we visited DC. Firstly, it was a great value. Secondly, they did an excellent job covering the things that matter such as cleanliness, professionalism and frendliness. Even though we didn't use the shuttle service to the Metro station we liked having that option available. Free breakfast not only saved money for our group of six but also saved time in the mornings. There's a sort of quaint, upscale mall just a few minutes drive away. This mall doesn't have the large department stores, etc., but a variety of small shops, lots of food choices and a movie theater. If you want to avoid the city hustle and congestion, this is the place for you.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 3, 2012

Stayed recently during CAA conferences. A lot of people in the hotel and the staff handled it all with professionalism. Breakfast (free) was over the top yummy and lots of choices. Staff helped plan a day trip to DC and shuttled us to the closest Metro station. Rooms are very nice and clean and comfortable. Beds are soft and pillows aer wonderful. This is close to everything - shopping, sight seeing and restaurants. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 29, 2012

The hotel and staff at this location is absolutely incredible. They go above and beyond to make you feel at home and to make sure all of your needs are met.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 17, 2012

I've stayed at several hotels in the DC area. None come close to the value this hotel offers. The hotel is new, clean and well maintained. The entire staff seems to truely care about providing outstanding customer service to both a business person or a family visiting DC. I highly recommend this hotel because of the location, price, quality and service.

Room Tip: I always like to stay on the top floor of a hotel, it seems a bit quieter.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 12, 2012

I just checked in and the ceiling lights over the bed were not working. When the front desk called to check if everything was alright, I mentioned the problem and they sent the night manager named "Sarah." When Sarah came to the door, before even greeting me, she asked me if I was a smoker, to which I replied "yes", to which she replied "Are you smoking in here right now, because I smell smoke and there is a $250 fee" Right...I'm going to call the manager in to check my lights and light up a cigarette in a non-smoking hotel knowing she is on her way up... how smart do you have to be? I did ask for her name and will complain further tomorrow when the day manager comes in... to be followed.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business