All reviewsparking garagefront deskwafflesfree covered parkingsleeping roomseparate sitting areageorge mason universitywaffle makermodern decorfree breakfast ismini fridgenice areamy home away from homelobby areaindoor poollots of restaurantswould definitely stay here again
Reviewed November 18, 2011

What an amazing experience! For only $79/night I didn't expect much, but this hotel is unbelievably nice, impeccably decorated and updated, and the staff is awesome!! From the moment we walked in, we were greeted by the front desk and artfully designed lobby. The rooms are quite spacious with separate living areas. It's close to several restaurants and shopping areas, and the staff is very good at giving directions and advice for food choices. There are also several places that deliver to the hotel. The breakfast each morning was great and was always restocked. Sometimes it got a little crowded in the eating area but never that bad. It is a bit out the way, and deep in Fairfax, away from 95, but you're only about 15 minutes away from it. Overall, I'd stay again.

Room Tip: All the rooms were immaculately clean.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank ProfessorCool
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Conveniently located, the interior of this SpringHill was pretty up-to-date. The decor and staff were welcoming, as well as the rooms. We had a slight issue with our bed side lamps not working, but it wasn't a big problem. The bed was okay in comfort, while the bathroom was clean and tidy.The numerous variety of TV channels available was a plus!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank csokuya
Reviewed October 23, 2011

Kind of felt suffocated inside the room. Did not like the ambiance inside. Outside is OK. No exhaust in bathroom. When asked I was to told they have centralized exhaust. Not sure how it works. OK for the price I paid $89.

Room Tip: Just stayed one night with above experience. So not sure what tip can I give.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank skpotti
Reviewed October 19, 2011

I cannot overstate enough how good the staff is at this Marriott. I stay there all the time on business and pleasure and would not even consider anywhere else. They have free parking, internet and breakfast. Not a resort type of hotel but not meant to be. They even provide a shuttle to the metro. They have helped me out on a number of occasions. Just can't say enough good things about them.

Room Tip: Downstairs right side of front desk. Much shorter walk and laundry right there.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Foxazon
Reviewed October 18, 2011

Nice hotel for the price we paid with free parking, internet and breakfast. The room was clean other than me finding a few ants in the bathroom floor. And the iron in our room was missing. Also I fixed the cheap lamp in the sitting area. The veneer of the furniture near the elevator is peeling off. I addressed the ants and missing iron problem to the front desk and they are very friendly.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Bryan101010, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fairfax Fair Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2011

Hello, I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write about our beautiful hotel, and I am sorry that you had a problem with the room, and we do take pride on our suites, and will make sure that all our guests have a great stay. Please let us know if you return to our area, so that we may upgrade you. We look forward to seeing you again, General Manager