“Great SpringHill”

SpringHill Suites Fairfax Fair Oaks
Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Fairfax
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Conveniently located, the interior of this SpringHill was pretty up-to-date. The decor and staff were welcoming, as well as the rooms. We had a slight issue with our bed side lamps not working, but it wasn't a big problem. The bed was okay in comfort, while the bathroom was clean and tidy.The numerous variety of TV channels available was a plus!

1  Thank csokuya

Reviewed October 23, 2011

Kind of felt suffocated inside the room. Did not like the ambiance inside. Outside is OK. No exhaust in bathroom. When asked I was to told they have centralized exhaust. Not sure how it works. OK for the price I paid $89.

Room Tip: Just stayed one night with above experience. So not sure what tip can I give.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank skpotti
Reviewed October 19, 2011

I cannot overstate enough how good the staff is at this Marriott. I stay there all the time on business and pleasure and would not even consider anywhere else. They have free parking, internet and breakfast. Not a resort type of hotel but not meant to be. They even provide a shuttle to the metro. They have helped me out on a number of occasions. Just can't say enough good things about them.

Room Tip: Downstairs right side of front desk. Much shorter walk and laundry right there.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Foxazon
Reviewed October 18, 2011

Nice hotel for the price we paid with free parking, internet and breakfast. The room was clean other than me finding a few ants in the bathroom floor. And the iron in our room was missing. Also I fixed the cheap lamp in the sitting area. The veneer of the furniture near the elevator is peeling off. I addressed the ants and missing iron problem to the front desk and they are very friendly.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Bryan101010, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fairfax Fair Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2011

Hello, I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write about our beautiful hotel, and I am sorry that you had a problem with the room, and we do take pride on our suites, and will make sure that all our guests have a great stay. Please let us know if you return to our area, so that we may upgrade you. We look forward to seeing you again, General Manager

Reviewed October 16, 2011

Travelled with 2 kids plus me, put the kids in the King Size bed which was OK and me in a pullout bed from the couch. Matrass was the worst, had to use pillows underneath to avoid back injury and hotel does not have any roll-in beds avail. Also the pool was a laugh, very tiny and the lifeguard did not seem to have any control as she let some kids jump and dive into the pool over and over again causing potential danger to others

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed September 30, 2011

We were really impressed with the Spring Hill Suites in Fairfax. I am in the hospitality industry with a couple of brand name properties owned within our family so I am constantly evaluating whichever hotel I am staying at.

1. First, the property condition is excellent with great amenities. The lobby had an nice chick modern clean look. The room studio suite was very nice with good space with as separated a living area you can get for a "studio suite". The furniture was comfortable and easy to move around. The breakfast was first rate with adequate choices. Parking was fairly easy as well.

2. The staff was excellent. Checkin, breakfast, and housekeeping was very attentive. We actually ran into a situation where my 3 yo son had a deep laceration from a fall in the room, and the staff was very helpful in providing a first aid kit, having housekeeping department come up after hours to clean the blood off the furnishings, and constant inquiry of how my son was doing with offers for help. I believe they went beyond what is expected in the situation. My particular thanks to the front desk staff in the afternoon/evening of 9-26.

3. The hotel is a good value based on the rooms, amenities, breakfast choices, and abundant attentive staff attention. I really was happy with my choice of staying at the Spring Hill Suites in Fairfax.

Reviewed September 29, 2011

I couldn't tell if the design theme of the lobby or the room was 1958 or 2058. The modern, colorful design of the furniture, wall coverings and carpets was refreshing. I felt like I was back in Europe where modern hotels had simple designs and colorful interiors.

Clean rooms and nice flat screen TV. The front desk staff was very friendly and accommodating. I'm a large guy and my company booked a block of rooms. The front desk clerk changed my room to a king without me asking by being observant. The bed was great!

Breakfast in the lobby was good with hot items. Free covered parking and fast free wifi. I'd stay here again!

2  Thank Choochoo20