“Not quite what we were expecting”

Ruth's Chris Steak House - Fairfax
Reserve with OpenTable
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Fairfax is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 427 Restaurants in Fairfax
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Government County Pkwy
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We had been planning on visiting Ruth Chris for sometime and so we were very excited for our dinner date there. It didn't really live up to our expectations because everything was just good but not really exquisite. Also our server talked so quietly we could barely hear anything she said.

We probably won't go back because the price was just not worth our experience. We enjoyed it, bt wouldn't do it again.

Read our full review here: http://pandapressadventures.blogspot.com/2012/11/restaurant-ruth-chris-steak-house.html

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Although I've only eaten in the restaurant once, it was delicious, I've been to their Happy Hour a few times. It's not an inexpensive restaurant. If you're concerned about the quality of the food at this restaurant, and want to get your toe wet before (financially) jumping in, try out their Happy Hour. There are about 6 or 7 offerings, and I've had almost all of them. All of them were good. For $7 each, you cannot go wrong. And the drinks, which are very good, are $7 also. This branch of Ruths Chris has a patio overlooking a shopping area. When the weather is nice, it's a pleasant way to spend an evening with friends. The service is almost always exceptional. (I went with a big group once, and we overwhelmed them.) The Cost Per Person assessment that I gave was for the restaurant. I'd rate it between casual and more formal dining for the bar.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Had a very nice evening with family at Ruth's Chris. All the courses were really excellent from the shrimp starter, the rib eye to the ice cream!. It have never tasted a better steak. There was also an excellent set 3 course dinner which was really good value @ 53 dollars!. Although not surprising in a quality restaurant the staff were very attentive and helpful.

1  Thank Nelly16
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Usually I can find some nice aged steaks, throw a baked potato in the oven, make a green salad, and select a nice bottle of red from the rack at home, so I never feel the need to go to a big-time steakhouse. Well, we had such a nice meal, my outlook has changed. We ordered the porterhouse for two--it was done to a turn--and had nice filet and tenderloin of a T-bone. Salad was tasty--got the wedge of lettuce with bleu cheese crumbles, sides of au gratin potatoes and broccoli were very well done. Great bottle of cabernet from NAPA--don't have that one in the rack! We sat near the window, the place had quite a few people in it for a Monday night.

Service was attentive but unobtrusive. I'm sold!

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Great meal, great steak --- it's what they do and they do it well. You should know what to expect before you go.