“Quiet Excellence” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Wine House

The Wine House
Reserve with OpenTable
The Wine House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #54 of 416 Restaurants in Fairfax
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Fairfax
“Quiet Excellence”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I just had a great meal will several great wines. This quite wine shop doubles as a tasting bar and serves excellent meals to accompany the wine. While our food took a little time to get to us, all the staff were very attentive and the wine selection was ample and reasonably priced. We will definitely be back again!

• Visited April 2013

Alexandria, Virginia
“I'm not sure of this place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

We arrived and were seated close to the window. Almost immediately, we were given glasses of water and my friend noticed something that wasn't supposed to be in the water in the glass. This was kind of embarassing as this place is supposed to be pretty clean.
We did order our food and I ordered a glass of wine. The wine came and I was just slightly surprised by the small portion of wine.
Our food took longer than expected and I saw several other tables get their food before we did and they came in after us.
Our food did finally arrive, and it was good....excellent? No, great? No...it was just good.
After dinner, we were comped a free dessert....was it for the slow service or what was in the glass of water?

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Fairfax, Virginia
“Has Promise but Poor Service Ruined it”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

Maybe my expectations were too high based on the reviews or we just hit it on a bad night, but there was a lot of room for improvement. The wine list is extensive and we were debating between two options so the waitress suggested a sample of each. We tried the two and made our choice but the waitress took forever to return so once we flagged her down, we placed our appetizer and dinner choices as well. The charcuterie was excellent and if we had stopped there I would have given the place a decent rating, but the entrees were average to poor. My friend ordered the crab cake which tasted like breadcrumbs and nothing of crab. Most of the mussels were okay except several weren't open indicating they were not fully steamed or just plain bad. I would have sent them back but the waitress ignored our table. She wasn't busy, spent most of the time leaning against the kitchen counter with her back towards us. We flagged her down for a desert menu, but she never bothered to bring it so we asked for the check. Luckily, my friend checked the bill because we were charged for 2 bottles of wine when we only had one. Again we had to flag her down and she said sorry, but it seems like she was only sorry we caught the $30 mistake.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Manassas, Virginia
“Good Wines”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

They have a good selection of wines on the shelves, but the list for by the glass is average. Food looked good, but we just had the cheese and meat plate.

• Visited February 2013
Fairfax, Virginia, United States
“Quaint and relaxing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

Our boss took the whole staff here for Christmas celebration. My boss ordered platters of tasty cheeses, breads, crab cakes and dips. We started off with tasting a white bubbly type of wine, not sure what it was called but, definitely delicious and we ended with reds from different countries.

I had a great time and enjoyed the atmosphere and company. Will definitely go again.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Been to The Wine House? Share your experiences!