“Good Greek Food” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Good Greek Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

We have eaten here 5 times in the last 2 years. Would be more but we don't live nearby. The food ( I always order Greek) has been uniformly good. Service and atmosphere is fine, too. A good solid place.

• 4 of 5 stars

fairfax
“Diner-like menu and atmosphere, but the service is disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We used to enjoy this place for omelets and sandwiches because of its casual atmosphere and diner-like food, but we stopped going when, on two separate occasions, the management got into an argument with customers who were picking up carry-out orders. Since the carry-out register is in the middle of the restaurant (which has a front and a back section), it was hard to ignore -- especially since the customers were very frustrated and feeling ripped off. Apparently part of their order was missing, or else they were charged extra for something they had understood was part of their menu item.

In general, service here is not as cheerful and efficient as at Spartan's in Burke, and since the fare is so similar, we have defaulted to Spartan's.

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Fairfax, Virginia
“Great Neighborhood Restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Good neighborhood place. The gyros are good and so is the pizza. I also have had good breakfast there.

Burke, Virginia
“I love this restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

The staff (including the manager) is very nice and friendly. The food is always great. We go there all the time since it is near my house. They make the best spaghetti.

• Visited September 2012
Fairfax, Virginia
“uneven performance”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

Met a former colleague 3 times at Angies (just down Braddock Rd a mile from my home and about 2 miles from his) over the past month or so for lunch. I've had the Greek salad twice and then fish and chips this last time My friend has had the crab cakes and a club sandwich twice.The food is good although a tad over-priced for competitors in the area. He and I agree that the lunch menu offers a broad choice but that the dishes are inconsistent. His last club sandwich was not as good or as well made as his first, and my last Greek salad was overloaded with potato salad (as described on the menu) to the virtual loss of being anything near a Greek salad. Service is efficient but not great.as the waiter put both tabs on my credit card after we'd asked for separate checks and my friend had dropped a $20 to cover his bill. This issue is still not resolved as I came away with 3 credit card cancellations and am waiting for the bank to open Tuesday to see if the charges are straight. I suspect our next lunch adventure will be at another eatery (many in the area) as Angier's has proven an unsure stop.

• Visited May 2012