WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“Great Pizza, Good Service but not very Attentive when it's slow” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of California Pizza Kitchen

California Pizza Kitchen
Ranked #75 of 395 Restaurants in Fairfax
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, American
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Fairfax, Virginia
“Great Pizza, Good Service but not very Attentive when it's slow”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

We decided to have a quick, late dinner at California Pizza Kitchen one night before seeing a $5 movie (on $5 Wednesdays). I arrived at about 9 so the place was relatively quiet. It also happened to be Halloween, so its possible that it was especially dead because everyone was busy eating candy. This is important context because you can expect a lot more when your server is only wating on you.
So, the food was delicious. It always is. Their pizzas are different and exciting. The Wild Mushroom pizza I had is my favorite. It has 3 kinds of mushrooms with pesto sauce instead of tomato sauce. Andrew also loved his pizza. Plus they have sweet tea! That is somewhat rare around here so it's always nice to find some.
Now, if the food is so delicious why didn't you give it 5 Stars? You ask. Well simply because the service was decent but was lacking considering how quiet it was. We will go back, of course, but we expected better.
Similarly, the bathroom was somewhat clean but one stall was desperately in need of cleaning. Usually it wouldn't have been that bad but if the restuarant is empty, someone should think to clean the bathrooms.
So in conclusion, California Pizza Kitchen is a great place to eat! Please go there and enjoy their yummy pizzas and sweet tea. Just make sure you go during regular hours not when its too quiet.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Woodbridge
“GREAT pizza. Period !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

Great pizza. They can make it how you want it. Great crust, sauce, cheese. Fresh toppings. The restaurant is clean and efficient. Attentive wait staff. Moderate pricing. Go!

• Visited May 2012
Fairfax, Virginia
“Food good as always”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

Waitress didn't seem interested in taking away my dish but very attentive to my husband. Food was good but they have changed a bit and didn't seem to know what a carmel apple martini was which use to be their trademark drink...very odd

Visited October 2012
McLean, Virginia
“You can't go wrong at California Pizza Chicken”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

A long-time friend and I shared a delightful lunch yesterday at CPK. I ALWAYS get the Thai Chicken pizza so there's enough to bring home for dinner and my friend had tacos, which I didn't know they featured until now. Arriving at 11:30a afforded us a great table near the window but the restaurant filled up fast. We had super service (sorry, didn't get our wait staff's name but was always there to fill up our iced T's). Didn't indulge in the pumpkin spice cheesecake but should have asked for a box to take that home, too. I do know they also do in-restaurant pick-up.

All in all a great experience from a solid chain!

• Visited October 2012
Fairfax, Virginia, United States
“Great food and service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

I met a co-worker for lunch a few days ago and dined in for the very first time. In the past I have just taken carry out. Well I was pleasantly surprised how friendly and welcoming the wait staff is. I order my normal carry out item Thai Chicken Pizza and it never ever disappointments me. It was very yummy and I also ordered a side salad which had walnuts, apples and leafy greens, it was absolutely delicious that I had to carry out again last night but, this time I ordered the same salad and their Spaghetti with meat sauce. Divine! this restaurant knows how to bring on the good eats in a relaxed atmosphere.

I would definitely recommend this place to everyone. On a side note, they also serve great wine. A must go in my book!!

• Visited August 2012