“good place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Fairfax
Long Island,NY
“good place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2010

My family stayed here for one night. We had a pleasant stay. We very much appreciated the Chinese Restaurant that was at the hotel. After a long drive from Long Island,NY it was great to not have to drive to dinner. After dinner my son and I enjoyed the indoor pool. The water temp was warm and a good swim is always a great way to end the day.I found this hotel quiet,even though it is off of a main road. The most important thing to me is cleanliness and this hotel did not disappoint. The room including the bathroom was clean. Another great reason to stay at Comfort Inn is the free breakfast. Belgium Waffles,hard boiled eggs, cereal, muffins,donuts,toast and many more items. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2010

On a recent business trip to D.C., I had the pleasure to stay at this Comfort Inn in Fairfax, Virginia. I felt compelled to write a review due to the excellent service of the front desk staff, which treated me like family from the moment I arrived until long after I departed (more on that later).

I choose this location due to its proximity to IAD (13 miles), great value, and their do-it-yourself waffle machine (YUM!). The hotel was centrally located to all the places I needed to be meeting in northern Virginia and D.C. and was a great price for such a last minute trip. I booked a king bedroom and got upgraded to a deluxe king room upon check in. The deluxe king had a hot tub, microwave, and fridge! It worked out well because I stocked up on some snacks and drinks from the Giant grocery store across the street.

After I left and returned to Cali, I realized that I had left some files for work in my hotel room. I contacted the wonderful front desk staff and they took the trouble of mailing it all back to me. All in all, a fantastic experience! Next time, I have to try their indoor swimming pool that looked very inviting!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Mystic, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2010

We recently stayed at this hotel while visiting the Fairfax and D.C. area. We brought our dog with us and found this to be a great pet friendly hotel. We were probably the only ones with a dog but none the less, it was perfect for us. In fact, right next to the hotel is a wonderful park with a great hiking trail where we walked our dog in the morning and evening. The hotel even provides bags to pick up after the dog. Attached are some pictures of the park, the high school, the trail and the hotel. The front desk team was very friendly and accommodating. The rooms were more or less average and we found them comfortable for us and our dog (who was crated while we slept and while we left the hotel, she does great in hotels). The breakfast was standard fare for this chain, waffles, cereal, bagels, and coffee/juice. The hotel was clean and very safe. The area has plenty of restaurants including high end chains like Ruths Chris Steak House and the popular restaurants like PF Changs, Chilis, etc. A good breakfast place in Fairfax is called First Watch and only about 4 miles from the hotel. Great service, fast and good food. We would definitely stay at this hotel again. Priced very reasonable. The pet fee was $25.00 extra a day, we would like to see that drop down to $15/day. Overall a very good experience. We had our two children with us also and they enjoyed the visit. The pool was very clean. We noticed several high schools staying at the hotel but the kids were fun and reasonable. We never worried about the kids, in fact it reassured us that it was a safe hotel.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Hendersonville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2010

We always like Comfort Inns but this one was a surprise price wise! Since it's near Washington, DC we expected expensive and busy/noisy. It was very reasonably priced, quiet and friendly service. The gift shop had lot's of souvenirs at very good prices. Expanded continental breakfast was included with the room and that was tasty and plentiful. Everything in the place was very clean....The front desk personnel were very helpful and patient with us tourists in learning the "metro" system and where to eat, etc.

The only complaint we had was that the housekeeping staff knocked on our door at 8 am asking if we wanted our room cleaned. She woke us up since we were vacationing. The front desk said to put our do not disturb sign on the door to avoid that happening again.

I recommend this hotel to leisure and business travellers.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2010

when i first checked in, i was greeted by a friendly staff. lobby was clean, parking (for a bus) was more than adequate. several groups checked in behind me and i never saw one kid in their groups. it was quiet, very convenient to DC and Arlington. as a matter of fact, i was supposed to be on mass ave in dc at 0830 the next morning and was not looking forward to the traffic. i left the hotel at 0725 and was sitting at the hotel at 0810. absolutely remarkable.
when i walked into my room, i was taken back by the "funkiness" of the room. i had been up-graded to a jacuzzi suite. this jacuzzi was so big, i could have fit all of my children in there! see the photos.
because of the nature of my business, i was contacted by ms. gollaly? and she was very personable. if and when i bring a group i would not hesitate to contact her as i felt she would be a very helpful contact to work with.
the only thing i thought odd was the jacuzzi/bathroom layout. i have never stayed in a room where i had to look for the toilet!
i would recommend this property and would not hesitate to stay again. it was very convenient to many shops/store most travelers would look for. a giant food store was just across the street and because of my diet, i do not do fast food. having the microwave/frig allowed me to get more nutritous food and cook in my room.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank terryhawks
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2010

We loved Fairfax, the NRA Museum and all the people we met.
The hotel is really nice, the rooms are really lovely, the staff are very good. Easy secure parking, two lifts, excellent breakfasts. 7-11 store with seconds walk, a good Ruby Tuesday restaurant over the road. All in all the very best place we stayed on this trip.
I will return to visit the National Firearms Museum again, and I will stay at the Comfort Inn and nowhere else !
Nothing at all can be said that is bad about this hotel, only good things.
Richard, London, ENGLAND.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank trigga1526
McLean, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2009

There are two towers to this hotels. Groups of kids will be in one tower during the spring. I am a tour director and they put tour directors, bus drivers and individual reservations in the second tower. I have never had a problem with kids slamming doors, etc., at night because I am far away from them. Some of the rooms even have jacuzzis (although when you are managing a tour you never have time to use them). Hotel has a shuttle to the Metro.

Breakfast is in the Chinese restaurant in the hotel. You have the choice of a regular American style breakfast or an oriental breakfast. I have enjoyed tasting all the oriental items. There are fresh donuts.

The hotel is a little far out for visiting DC, but student groups have to balance price with location and it is a good choice for them.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairfax
Comfort Inn Arlington Boulevard
Comfort Inn
#8 of 12 in Springfield
4.0 of 5 stars 200 reviews
Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria

Been to Comfort Inn University Center? Share your experiences!