“Overly accommodating staff!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Fairfax
“Overly accommodating staff!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Two words; Hero Brian

I bring my daughter and her friend to the Fairfax area over the summer for figure skating training. I decided to stop in the hotel much earlier than check in time. The kids ran in to see if the room was ready while I sat outside making some calls. Not only did Brian let us check in early but he also let the girls pick out the floor and room before I even walked in the lobby. From that point the girls referred to Brian at the front desk as Hero Brian!

The following week we stayed at a different hotel. The girls ran in before again me expecting the front desk to let them pick their room. The front desk personnel wouldn't even speak to the girls until I walked in. They were highly disappointed and asked to leave and go to the hotel that "Hero Brian" worked at.

You can stay at a fancier hotel but I assure you there's no "Hero Brian" there.

This hotel is clean, reasonably priced, perfect location for where we are going and the staff is very welcoming! Don't let the outside appearance fool you!

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Comfort_Inn_Fairfax, General Manager at Comfort Inn University Center, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Hi Dear,

Thank you again for sharing your experience, if you would like to post it on tripadvisor is www.tripadvisor.com/reviewit, and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one.

Mariana Vilchez
703-591-5900 ext 7193

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Ridgewood, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Just wanted to share that I stay here frequently and always experience professional service. The rooms are accommodating, and the WIFI is better compared to other places I have stayed in the past. Overall, the hotel is a great place to stay!!!!!!

Room Tip: Corners rooms.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Ryan,

Kind Regards,

Mariana Vilchez
703-591-5900 ext 7193
Ocean City, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We came for our honeymoon and stayed in a room with a Jacuzzi. The room was so clean and the bed was very comfortable. I have never stayed in a room with a Jacuzzi in it so it was very exciting and made our night. The placement of the jacuzzi in the room is very unique and is the connection between the room and bathroom. It was very romantic. In the morning we had a delicious hot breakfast. The staff working in the breakfast was very efficient and the food was great. The staff at the front desk was also very welcoming and helpful. Staff all around was pleasant and helpful and efficient. Overall the hotel was very clean and was in a very good location, close to dc. I would definetly recomend this hotel, especially for a romantic get away in a room with a jacuzzi.

Room Tip: kind bed with jacuzzi
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Odenton, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I would rate this hotel higher based on the staff's service. All were helpful and friendly. I was especially impressed with the ladies who kept up with the continental breakfast. There were a lot of people eating at the same time, but they kept moving and therefore never ran out of anything. Five stars to those ladies! Otherwise, there were a lot of inconvenient quirks about this hotel. First, it is two separate towers and the one in which we stayed required that we carry our luggage up a few stairs to catch the elevator. Not horrible, but a pain when you have heavy bags. The game room required a separate key and none of the games seemed to work. We lost our money twice and then gave up. Bathroom was tiny -- hard to move around in. The fitness room also required a separate key -- the room key will not open it. Again, not horrible, but why can't the room key work? I've never seen this in any other hotel. However, the fitness room/equipment was great! Lots of options, good dumbbells and weight machines, treadmills, etc. I was impressed with the fitness room. Overall, it's just an older, mediocre hotel, but the stay was good because of the staff's effort.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
El Paso
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The hotel was actually nicer that I expected. The room even had a hot tub!!! Still nice though, even thought the shower was on the small side. The hotel is located in such a way that you have access to Dulles International Airport and also access to the D.C. area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Osprey, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Wound up in a premium king room with hot tub! Nice, though I had no use for the tub on my business trip! Still, it was a great deal. Breakfast was typical; I imagine the breakfast rooms get pretty crowded if the hotel is full, though. Local area shuttle is helpful, though sometimes overwhelmed with GMU trips. I would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: If you really need quiet, ask for a room facing away from the road.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I have stayed here many times while visiting my daughter at GMU. I have found the hotel to have a very helpful and friendly front desk. The rooms are clean and the beds are very comfortable. I would highly recommend this hotel; the price is right and you are close to so much that the area has to offer

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo