“A Great Place to Stay!”

Comfort Inn University Center
Ranked #12 of 21 Hotels in Fairfax
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Just wanted to share that I stay here frequently and always experience professional service. The rooms are accommodating, and the WIFI is better compared to other places I have stayed in the past. Overall, the hotel is a great place to stay!!!!!!

Room Tip: Corners rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Comfort_Inn_Fairfax, General Manager at Comfort Inn University Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear Ryan,

Kind Regards,

Mariana Vilchez
Comfort Inn University Center
703-591-5900 ext 7193

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn University Center

Reviewed July 3, 2013

We came for our honeymoon and stayed in a room with a Jacuzzi. The room was so clean and the bed was very comfortable. I have never stayed in a room with a Jacuzzi in it so it was very exciting and made our night. The placement of the jacuzzi in the room is very unique and is the connection between the room and bathroom. It was very romantic. In the morning we had a delicious hot breakfast. The staff working in the breakfast was very efficient and the food was great. The staff at the front desk was also very welcoming and helpful. Staff all around was pleasant and helpful and efficient. Overall the hotel was very clean and was in a very good location, close to dc. I would definetly recomend this hotel, especially for a romantic get away in a room with a jacuzzi.

Room Tip: kind bed with jacuzzi
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I would rate this hotel higher based on the staff's service. All were helpful and friendly. I was especially impressed with the ladies who kept up with the continental breakfast. There were a lot of people eating at the same time, but they kept moving and therefore never ran out of anything. Five stars to those ladies! Otherwise, there were a lot of inconvenient quirks about this hotel. First, it is two separate towers and the one in which we stayed required that we carry our luggage up a few stairs to catch the elevator. Not horrible, but a pain when you have heavy bags. The game room required a separate key and none of the games seemed to work. We lost our money twice and then gave up. Bathroom was tiny -- hard to move around in. The fitness room also required a separate key -- the room key will not open it. Again, not horrible, but why can't the room key work? I've never seen this in any other hotel. However, the fitness room/equipment was great! Lots of options, good dumbbells and weight machines, treadmills, etc. I was impressed with the fitness room. Overall, it's just an older, mediocre hotel, but the stay was good because of the staff's effort.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The hotel was actually nicer that I expected. The room even had a hot tub!!! Still nice though, even thought the shower was on the small side. The hotel is located in such a way that you have access to Dulles International Airport and also access to the D.C. area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Comfort_Inn_Fairfax, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn University Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2017

Hello
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay, it is very important to us when we hear back from our guests. We sincerely apologize that your review was over looked and have no excuse but have learned from our mistake and we will ensure all reviews are properly responded to within a reasonable time frame. We hope that you will continue to write reviews where every you go. We wish you the best in all your future travels.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Wound up in a premium king room with hot tub! Nice, though I had no use for the tub on my business trip! Still, it was a great deal. Breakfast was typical; I imagine the breakfast rooms get pretty crowded if the hotel is full, though. Local area shuttle is helpful, though sometimes overwhelmed with GMU trips. I would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: If you really need quiet, ask for a room facing away from the road.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

I have stayed here many times while visiting my daughter at GMU. I have found the hotel to have a very helpful and friendly front desk. The rooms are clean and the beds are very comfortable. I would highly recommend this hotel; the price is right and you are close to so much that the area has to offer

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed May 13, 2013

This is a good option to stay outside of the DC area. I got a really good rate the first night of 75usd but needed to book another night and the rate had doubled. Having stayed there the night before I didn't feel that the hotel was worth $140/night but the lower rate was a good value.

Hotel check in was fast. Front desk staff was friendly. Hotel is in need of remodeling but was clean. The bed was soft and comfy. The air con was a bit too noisy for me to run at night but it wasn't a necessity either. The breakfast starts at 6am and had hot and cold selections (eggs, sausage, muffins, toast, cereal, yogurt).

Warning...if you must get up early and get on Interstate 66 at 5:30am ALL lanes turn into HOV. I have never seen all lanes turn into a HOV but as soon as you pass the interstate 495 there is no where to get off. The police are waiting on you as you cross. There were multiple patrol cars there to catch people. The sun will be in your eyes and is hard to see these signs if you are not from a city that has HOV lanes so BEWARE. I got lucky and got to the next exit and got off...whew

The parking lot is big so if you are pulling a trailer you will be fine with parking. There is a mall near (Fair Oaks Shopping Mall) which is a descent mall. Cheesecake Factory is located inside mall.

If I needed to do more business in DC I would stay here again if the price is under $90usd. Would pass if it were more.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper then make sure you request a room away from the elevator.