“Great staff and a great stay!”

Comfort Inn University Center
Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Fairfax
“Great staff and a great stay!”
Reviewed March 30, 2011

Stayed at this hotel while attending an event at the Patriot Center. Staff was professional and courteous. Room was clean and well appointed. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Korean first
alhambra, ca
Reviewed March 21, 2011

My spouse and I stayed at the Comfort Inn University Center for a weekend, I must say this is one of the best hotel I've stayed.
We called the hotel for direction because our GPS wasn't working, the front clerk gave us clear direction to the hotel. Since we arrived early in the morning, we get to try their breakfast, they provided different varities to choose from, sounds like buffet but it's true.
our room is cleaned, services during check in and out were fast and efficient, location is great , its behind a 7-11, so if you want to get a quick snack , it's right there. Our room faced the big street but I had a good sleep without any interruptions.
They also paid good attention to our request when my ECO-FRIENDLY husband didn't want any room cleaned, we have stayed at other hotels requested room not to be clean but they still did.
There's also a beautiful indoor heated pool that looks like a spa pool, I didn't get to use it, but I sure will with my next stay.
You will not be disappointed if you choose to stay here.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Elmwood Park, New Jersey
Reviewed February 19, 2011

Ok- arrival was great. Check-In was a little slow- but still ok. What was not ok- was that my key did not work in the door. When I went downstairs to tell the front desk she advised me that the mechanic/fi it person was gone for the evening- so I would need to have housekeeping let me in and out of the room- UNACCEPTABLE. I traveled the next day for business did not arrive back to room until after 7pm= room was not cleaned. Again, back to the front desk- to be told that housekeeping attempted to come to the room and knocked on the door and the someone said not now- impossible I was the only one there. Room service- is a chinese resturant- will not be staying here again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Tasha1972
Broadway, VA
Reviewed November 12, 2010

The room was much larger than expected and there was a jacuzzi in it! Maybe they were overbooked, but for the $99 rate, I was not expecting a jacuzzi. Large room, clean, quick check-in and auto check-out. Great stay.

Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank avezan
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed November 8, 2010

The staff is very nice and professional, aside from some middle management. However, the Internet is the WORST I have ever experienced at any hotel. So if you need to conduct work via the Internet, DO NOT stay at this hotel. I was here for a couple of weeks and they couldn't get it resolved. On excuse after another. If you don't need it, your stay will probably be fine.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank atomxyz
San Francisco, California
Reviewed October 26, 2010

I was traveling with my boyfriend to visit some friends in the area for 3 days. We decided to stay at this Comfort Inn because he had previously stayed here before and he loved the pool area. We stayed at a suite with a LCD TV and granite bathroom counter top and a kitchen!!! I was very surprised because I didn't expect to stay in such a nice room for only $89 per night. I strongly recommend staying at this Comfort Inn if you're in the area.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Tuscumbia, Alabama
Reviewed October 10, 2010

We traveled with group of 6th graders for a week of touring D.C. The room was so small and the bathroom door had to be left open in order to move around. Also, the towels and wash clothes were a dingy yellow. There was mold and mildew everywhere. The vent in the bathroom was so dirty with dust that no air could circulate. The hallways smelled musty and the carpet in halls and rooms were terribly worn. It is an old and worn hotel. I am not sure of the rate we paid because it was a package of lodging, travel, and tours, however, our principal said next year they would not stay there because of all the complaints. So I know it was not just our room. Also, several rooms were broken into when we were out touring. On the positive side we were SO tired from touring the day we crashed at night regardless. There is NO way I could recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2010