Lowest prices for your stay
Courtyard
$94
Expedia.com$104
Hotels.com$104
FindHotel$104
All reviews front desk checking in comfortable stay george mason university housekeeping staff business trip first floor beds were comfortable lobby refrigerator highway
Selected filters
Reviewed May 8, 2019 via mobile

This courtyard was in great shape, must have been recently renovated because it is an older building. The room was clean and quiet. There is a Starbucks in the lobby for a quick breakfast. I am super picky and this hotel was fine for me. Thanks to the staff.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2019

I stayed at this property last week. Left a shirt with cufflinks in the room. It disappeared. The Fairfax police are looking into it. As readers of my reviews will know, I'm lavish in my praise for hotels that have good service. This is just the opposite. Everything else about the hotel was mediocre at best and didn't warrant the time it would take to review. But their handling of this issue is simply deplorable,

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank 60SNS
Glenn W, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fairfax Fair Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2019

60SNS,
We have a very extensive lost and found program. It is very important to us that we save and record all items guests leave behind, and often hold on to things for guests that they meant to discard. We did find and log your item, and as you know, have since sent it back to you.
Please do not hesitate to reach our to us if you need anything moving forward.

Reviewed April 22, 2019

I usually avoid Courtyard properties when I travel, but took a chance on this one for a family vacation due to its proximity to the Metro and the excellent price for the area. The front desk staff were very friendly and anytime I had to call down for extra towels or an issue with a light they were right on it. The room was clean and the whole hotel seems to have been renovated recently. My only complaint was the woman behind the dining counter was exceedingly flustered despite there not being many demands on her time. She was very abrupt with me and others and over simple things and told me not to stand at the counter watching TV while waiting for my order. This was probably not her best career choice.

That said, a very nice and clean hotel. Even the pool. The staff, with the exception of that one person was very accommodating and friendly. I would highly recommend staying here.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 31, 2019 via mobile

Very disappointed in the rooms and beds at this Courtyard Marriott. We are a family of 4 with two teenage girls. When I booked this hotel, our room had a king size bed and a pull out couch that was supposed to be large enough for two people. Room description said room capacity was 4. When we pulled the couch out, it was the size of a twin bed. There is no way two children could sleep comfortably on this pull out, much less two teenagers. Good thing we had an air mattress in the car. Room was on the small side so it made for a very cramped weekend. On the second night we were there, the ac stopped working around midnight. Room temp was 75 degrees and very uncomfortable. When we address these issues, with the front desk, they didn’t care at all. They had their money for the room and that’s all they seemed to care about. I will not stay at this Courtyard Marriott again and I would never recommend it to anyone.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 21, 2019

Stayed here for 2 nights, since it was close by for a family function. But I would not reserve a room here again in the future.The lobby was well maintained, rooms were updated and clean. On my 1st night @ 2pm, found out that most of the TV channels did not have a signal, informed the front desk about it. Yet no one came by the next day to look into it. I was given a room with a balcony, which I requested; away from the traffic noise. The water pressure for the shower was very low, informed the front desk on this as well, still nothing. What I was surprise by this Courtyard, is how much trash was around the property. I check in around 4 pm and notice the trash within the parking lot of the property. You can tell it has been sitting there for a few days. For the next 2 days, the same trash was still there, I inform the front desk about this when I was checking out. Appearance is everything, and this Courtyard did not do well for me. Since I am a Marriott Member, I'll seek another Marriott the next time I have to come to this area.

Room tip: Request a room away from the main road to avoid the traffic noise
Date of stay: March 2019