Lowest prices for your stay
Courtyard
Free cancellation until 12/09/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Priceline$95
Hotels.com$95
FindHotel$95
All reviews front desk checking in comfortable stay george mason university housekeeping staff business trip first floor beds were comfortable lobby refrigerator highway
Selected filters
Reviewed April 22, 2019

I usually avoid Courtyard properties when I travel, but took a chance on this one for a family vacation due to its proximity to the Metro and the excellent price for the area. The front desk staff were very friendly and anytime I had to call down for extra towels or an issue with a light they were right on it. The room was clean and the whole hotel seems to have been renovated recently. My only complaint was the woman behind the dining counter was exceedingly flustered despite there not being many demands on her time. She was very abrupt with me and others and over simple things and told me not to stand at the counter watching TV while waiting for my order. This was probably not her best career choice.

That said, a very nice and clean hotel. Even the pool. The staff, with the exception of that one person was very accommodating and friendly. I would highly recommend staying here.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 31, 2019 via mobile

Very disappointed in the rooms and beds at this Courtyard Marriott. We are a family of 4 with two teenage girls. When I booked this hotel, our room had a king size bed and a pull out couch that was supposed to be large enough for two people. Room description said room capacity was 4. When we pulled the couch out, it was the size of a twin bed. There is no way two children could sleep comfortably on this pull out, much less two teenagers. Good thing we had an air mattress in the car. Room was on the small side so it made for a very cramped weekend. On the second night we were there, the ac stopped working around midnight. Room temp was 75 degrees and very uncomfortable. When we address these issues, with the front desk, they didn’t care at all. They had their money for the room and that’s all they seemed to care about. I will not stay at this Courtyard Marriott again and I would never recommend it to anyone.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 21, 2019

Stayed here for 2 nights, since it was close by for a family function. But I would not reserve a room here again in the future.The lobby was well maintained, rooms were updated and clean. On my 1st night @ 2pm, found out that most of the TV channels did not have a signal, informed the front desk about it. Yet no one came by the next day to look into it. I was given a room with a balcony, which I requested; away from the traffic noise. The water pressure for the shower was very low, informed the front desk on this as well, still nothing. What I was surprise by this Courtyard, is how much trash was around the property. I check in around 4 pm and notice the trash within the parking lot of the property. You can tell it has been sitting there for a few days. For the next 2 days, the same trash was still there, I inform the front desk about this when I was checking out. Appearance is everything, and this Courtyard did not do well for me. Since I am a Marriott Member, I'll seek another Marriott the next time I have to come to this area.

Room tip: Request a room away from the main road to avoid the traffic noise
Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed March 2, 2019

Stayed here one night when my mother passed away unexpectedly.
Having had every intention of making the drive back home, my wife and I made what turned out what to be a good decision.
Having been up for over 24 hours straight, we thought it would be better to get some sleep and avoid I-66 altogether the next morning before meeting family at the funeral home.
We pulled in to the parking lot and I went in to the lobby and was promptly greeted by several hotel employees before I got to the front desk. I was greeted at the front desk by a very friendly woman who totally got what I was going through and quickly assigned us a room on the second floor away from the elevators.
When I went to pull my wallet out to give the front desk lady a credit card and Marriott Rewards card, I pulled my wife's wallet out having totally forgot she had asked me to put it in one of the breast pockets of my jacket since she didn't have time to totally change purses when we got the call about my mom. Talk about being embarrassed. The woman chuckled and smiled and told me to take my time.
Finished checking in and went to get my bag out of the car to get my bag and head to the room for some much overdue sleep and a shower.
While my wife was in the shower, I decided to go to the hotel bar and have a beer. As I passed the front desk the woman who checked me in stopped me and handed me two drink vouchers for the hotel bar. I said thank you and sat down at the bar.
By the time I got back to the room, my wife was still in the shower and was raving about having hot water and name brand shampoo etc.. being provided in the hotel.
While I was getting ready to shower, she told me she needed more towels. So I called he front desk and asked for more. When the young man arrived a few minutes later, he had enough towels for a week. WOW!
Had a good night's sleep and a good breakfast at the hotel before heading out the next morning.

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank moose753
Reviewed October 26, 2018

First thing I'm going to say is I am very particular about the places that I Stay. With that being said I was nervous about coming and staying here even though it was for just the one evening I was worried. Truth be told there was no reason to be I rented two rooms one for my husband and I and one for my daughter. We were in town to do a GMU tour. Close to campus. So here I am going to get into the nitty-gritty of it Lobby clean, welcoming, social. Hallways between rooms were clean. No aroma in the hotel other than a faint pleasant smell of coffee. The rooms were clean I mean clean very impressed bathrooms clean very impressed and even the shampoo conditioner and soap provided were really nice and soothing (ours was mint.) The bed was really comfortable hello super soft space was large everything about it was pretty fantastic. In the morning our rooms as AAA customers were included in the cost they were free of charge and they were excellent above and beyond we were very pleased. So pleased that the rest of the weekend when we ate at the restaurants out and about in town all we could think of was what we had for breakfast so kudos! If you're in and around the DC Fairfax area this is the place you should stay pretty awesome!

Date of stay: October 2018