“Great Atmosphere, Beautifully Furnished, Great Hotel”

Courtyard Fairfax Fair Oaks
Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Fairfax
Reviewed November 24, 2009

I stayed three nights here on business and loved it. The decor and atmoshere of the lobby/dining area were incredible. Breakfast was good. There were booths with private flat screen televisions. I got up early each morning to enjoy the coffee and paper in the lobby (choice of Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, USA Today). I kept the sign on my door my entire stay to keep housekeeping from coming in (not very needy) and they left a bag hanging on my door with fresh towels and toiletries--very nice gesture that I haven't seen elsewhere. Friendly staff, easy check-in and check-out. Cab ride to the nearest metro station was 13.65 before tip. The metro ride into DC was pretty long though. The room was very nice and modern, although the room set-up was unusual. First time in a hotel room when the headboard was the part of the bed closest to the door. and the TV (a nice flat screen) was off to the side of the bed, where it wasn't all that convenient to watch, either from bed or from the couch, but it turns on its stand, which helps. The couch was nice (I think a pull out; I was in a king bedroom) and the desk was nice, with a roll-out section for added space. The room also had a nice balcony (although I didn't use it) over looking the courtyard. Overall a great experience.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed November 5, 2009

I loved this hotel. It was a bit far from our business location but was $70 cheaper than a hotel in Tyson's corner area.

It was new and very modern with a contemporary look from the lobby to the hallway to the guest rooms. The pool and exercise room looked HUGE. There is even a large spacious business area. Free wireless.

Beds were super comfortable. I got a great nights sleep.

The only complaint that I have is that my HUGE digital Flatscreen tv got an analog signal so the picture was a bit "fuzzy" and they only sold pepsi products.

I would definately stay here again for business or bring my family here for leisure events in the area.

They had a "grill area" in the lobby vs. a restuarant. I thought it was a bit pricey.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 28, 2009

Consistent Marriott quality all around - friendly service at check in/out and the Bistro, very comfortable bed, and clean room. The updated modern decor throughout the lobby and Bistro was eye catching and gave a very inviting feeling to the hotel's common areas. This modern decor was carried over to the guest rooms - great new furnishings made the rooms even more comfortable.
This was the first Courtyard that I've visited with the new Bistro/bar concept. It had a good selection of cook to order breakfasts as well as on the run items. At night, it was a comfortable place for a night cap with communal tables as well as private booths.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2009

This was a nice place to stay for the week while visiting Wash. DC. It is only about 3 miles from the metro that has free parking on week-ends. During the week you can take a bus to the metro station from in front of the hotel (we had trouble with this as the staff knew nothing about the time tables).
This was a clean and comfortable place. We had a room with a balcony over the parking lot and we got a lot of noise in the morning. You should try to get a room facing the courtyard. Priceline rooms automatically give you a king size bed. We needed two beds, which she was willing to give us (she said they usually cost more). We ended up with two queens and a refrigerator.
The pool was wonderfully warm everyday. They do have a lifeguard watching you all the time (a little awkward).
There is no free breakfast, but a lot of expensive food choices you can buy at their cafe.
They have several computers downstairs to use. The connection in my room was always shutting down. You had to keep re-registering every 24 hours. Okay for one day, but gets to be a pain every night when you want to come back to your hotel and get on your laptop.
They had coffee and hot water downstairs all the time. Very nice courtyard. Very nice lobby with seating areas and large tvs.
Great location next to grocery store, fast food, firearms museum.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 4, 2009

service, GREAT rooms, a nice cafe, and EVERY employee I met seemed to like to be there... a very nice hotel.

WOW!!! I travel a great deal and this makes my top-business hotels list... I'll be staying here a lot...

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 5, 2009

For the short time I was at the hotel I had a very nice staff and the staff were very polite. Upon returning to the hotel that evening we wished to purchase some food from the onsite mini store. They were all out of the items we wanted to purchase but the attendent on site went to look for some more and returned with enough for everyone. He then proceeded to search for restaurants in the area that we could go to for breakfast that next morning. He gave us his recommendations, gave us the opening times, and printed out directions for each of them or us. I would stay here again!

Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 23, 2009

We stayed 1 night as a stopover to South Carolina. The staff was pleasant, and checkin and checkout was trouble free. I paid $67 for a Friday night. Booked a regular room with (2) queen beds, and they upgraded me to a 2-room suite at no charge, without even asking. Beds were comfortable, room clean. I would stay here again without hesitation. Only negative was that breakfast was not included, and the prices for breakfast were very high. Bonus: Wireless Internet in the rooms was free

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family