“Worked well for us...”

Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Fairfax
USA
“Worked well for us...”
Reviewed April 23, 2009

We stayed 1 night as a stopover to South Carolina. The staff was pleasant, and checkin and checkout was trouble free. I paid $67 for a Friday night. Booked a regular room with (2) queen beds, and they upgraded me to a 2-room suite at no charge, without even asking. Beds were comfortable, room clean. I would stay here again without hesitation. Only negative was that breakfast was not included, and the prices for breakfast were very high. Bonus: Wireless Internet in the rooms was free

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
usa
Reviewed April 21, 2009

Got a great AAA rate ($55 per nite) for a long cherry blossom wkend in Washington DC. I thought this was the Courtyard across from the Metro but it was not - go to the Courtyard Fairfax Dunn Loring for walking distance to the Metro - because at this Fairfax Fair Oaks Courtyard you have to drive to the Vienna Metro stop. We arrived disappointed we were at the wrong hotel but it worked out okay because the Metro transit workers are extremely helpful and can tell you exactly what to do about getting in and around the capital. Anyway this hotel was clean and modern and the room was comfortable. The housekeepers were friendly. We left five bucks tip every morning and they did a good job cleaning. The front desk was efficient but not at all friendly. Our room was right next to the back exit door and the back staircase and a short distance from the pool. The housekeeping supply closet was opposite our room. It was very noisy expecially in the morning when the housekeepers arrive for work. On the first morning, they knocked on our door before 9am. We are late sleepers but it got us up. On the next two mornings, the noise and talking they made got us up. Stay here to avoid paying big Washington hotel rates - it's close to the Fair Oaks Mall where there is a Cheescake Factory, a Brazilian BBQ and a Japanese buffet restaurant - or try the Courtyard at Dunn Loring. I'm going to try that on my next trip to the capital area.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank contheroad
Austin, TX
Reviewed March 24, 2009

The rooms are small for the price, the walls are made of rice paper and you can hear everything going on in the hallway and the room next to you. At 9:00 AM, the fire alarm went off and went on for 15 minutes. While trying to conduct business in the lobby in the morning, they run the vacuum, employees are yelling at each other across the lobby. VERY NOISY and DISRUPTIVE.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Southport, North Carolina
Reviewed March 4, 2009

This Marriott was one of the best Marriott Hotel that I, a Gold Member, have experienced. First - They had a great Weekend Rate. Second - The Check-In was fast, efficient and we were given a room on the Contierge Floor. Third - The Central Foyer was beautiful and spacious, with a water fountain and marble floors.The room was good size, although the bathroom was small. The pool and hot tub were very relaxing. The breakfast buffets were on par with most Marriotts. The serve was excellent and friendly. The Business Center was free with 2 computers and printers. The location was great as it was next to the Fair Oaks Mall. I highly recommend this Marriott Hotel.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Houston, TX
Reviewed November 9, 2008

The exterior of the hotel was very average, so as I parked I thought to myself "you get what you pay for" as I had gotten the AAA rate of $67. Well was I wrong! You walk in to a beautiful lobby. It was so large, it was like going to a mall....the front desk were mini-counters located next to this mini-store where you could buy snacks, drinks, etc. Across was this counter where you could order sandwiches etc to bring to your room....there was of couse a sitting area there in case you wanted to be served. It smelled delicious. The business center was also large, 6 computers, printer, plenty of work space.

I have got to believe this has recently been redone because everything looked so new. The room was nicely decorated, microwave, mini-fridge, coffeemaker. Good shower pressure. Quiet A/C. Bed was good, probably not top of the line, but comfortable. Everything was very clean.

The only things I didn't care for was that I was on the ground floor so my sliding glass door faced the courtyard. As a woman traveling alone, I usually don't like that, but I did feel safe here and stayed put. Also usually when you are laying in bed, the tv is at the foot of the bed, the hotel had the tv on the side.

MAJOR RECOMMENDATION -- across from the hotel on the other side of Lee Jackson Hwy is a shopping center. Hidden near the Kmart, behind the McDonalds is a small non-descript storefront called The Deli. Oh my goodness, fresh bread, fresh veggies, fresh cold cuts! Even the cannolis are hand-made!! You can eat there but I just brought it back to the hotel. It also has shelves of grocery items which I bought a bunch of things you can't find in Texas. I bought pastries for the morning since the hotel did not have complimentary breakfast.

• Liked — very clean
  • Disliked — exterior wasn't impressive
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank wizofwoz
Allison Park, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 3, 2008

We had a group of 30+ families staying at this hotel for a highschool sporting event. Our group rate was $69 per night. We were all amazed at the quality and style of the hotel for that price. The teens had a blast in the pool and hot tub, and sitting around the outdoor court yard fire pit. The rooms were spacious, clean and well decorated. Ours had a balcony overlooking the court yard and fire pit. The king bed was very comfortable and the hotel quiet at night. The only complaint was that breakfast did not start until 7:00 am and we had to leave for crew race at 6:45, however, there was free coffee/hot drinks in the lobby.

Stayed November 2008
1 Thank smm1779
UK
Reviewed October 3, 2008

I stayed here for ten days. The hotel is clean, nice and I would stay here again. However, the internet in my room was not working for five days and it was annoying that I had to make several calls per day to have it fixed. It took them five days before they figured out that the modem!!! was defect...There is a bus stop right outside the hotel and thats about it, twice I thought I would take the bus and it never turned up after 40 min waiting. In the end I took the car to the metro station and that cost me another extra $8. Also the bus is only running every 30 minutes if it turns up...Fairfax is not an exciting place to stay, there is really nothing to see.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)