“Best hotel Ever!!!”

Courtyard Fairfax Fair Oaks
Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Fairfax
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Excellent breakfast at the bistro!! THE BEST. The breakfast scrambler comes out perfect. (Eggs, Sausage, Potatoes, and toast) The eggs do not taste like the microwaved hotel eggs.. that you sometimes get. The sausage patties came out crispy on the outside.. and soft on the inside. The potatoes.. were seasoned just right.. and there were some pieces that were crispy .. some that were soft.

Their fruit and yogurt parfait was okay. I liked that too.

As for the hotel... I LOVE the new design. It is NIIIICEEEEE. The lobby .. makes you feel like you're staying at some sort of DELUXE spa. Or some kind of island retreat. At night.. it seems like you're in some kind of an empty club.

There's also a cool... super huge touch screen TV near the lobby. And, the guest computer center is located near there.. in an open air area. 4 computers... unlimited printing.

But.. if you don't want to use the hotel computers.. you're able to use your own.. in the lobby area.. there's wifi there as well. There are plenty of seating located all over.. and they are all very comfortable and welcoming.

There is also an indoor pool and jacuzzi. The hotel staff are all very friendly.

Did I sell you yet?!? And this is all downstairs.. we haven't even touched on what goes on upstairs yet!!

So the rooms. They are okay. There are also flat screen TV's in every room. Plenty of towels to go around. HUUUUuGgGGeee bed. I could probably roll around four times to get from one end of the bed to the other. My only complaint.. was that the water does not run as strong. (I was on the 2nd floor). Another thing was the temperature control. 74 was too cold and 75 was too hot. Also, I think some parts of the mattress of my bed had that wet clothes smell.

Would I come back here? OF course!!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed May 2, 2012

We just stayed here for 4 days and if you have plans in the DC area and you are looking to save money and still stay at a really nice place this is for you. The rooms were very comfortable and quiet and kept clean by the housekeeping staff, the Courtyard have a nice modern look to it, and there is food available to purchase as well as alcohol and there is a Starbucks there. There is no sit down restaurant. There is a really nice gas firepit outside that is on 24 hours a day with chairs around it ( we did not get to be around it due to a large school group there at the time we were). Also there was a nice workout room as well as a pool and whirlpool, but they had restricted hours on the pool 5-10 pm during the week. I can not speak highly enough about the staff there they were alll VERY NICE and helpful!! So if you are looking for a nice place with FREE parking, FREE internet (in your room and in the lobby) and not too far out from DC (I-66) enterance very close, I would look into this place

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Paul G
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Comfortable room, pleasant experience. Not much in the way of food available - especially for a vegetarian diet, but close to other dining sources. Short drive to Metro station. Wish pool had been open during week days. Fitness center was small but provided the essentials.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pam H
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stay at this Courtyard when visiting family in the area.
The staff is quite professional and friendly, and some even remember my
adorable grandson and call him by name. The hotel is immaculate and
comfortable. This past weekend, there were sports teams there in great
numbers and I didn't hear a thing!! A good night's sleep was had by us all.
The pool area is very well maintained and managed. We spent a lot of
time there. Food in the Bistro was yummy and served with a smile any
time of day.
Highly recommended all around.

2  Thank MimiVirginiaBeach
Reviewed April 21, 2012

I expected a well managed hotel and that's what we got. The building itself is somewhat older and smaller than I expected, and I think could be a little more attractive from the outside. I wasn't a fan of the hallway carpeting and decor, but was just not my taste. The room decor was pretty good, room size was average. The mattresses and pillows above average, and overall cleanliness was very very good. The employees were all friendly, helpful, and very professional. The neighborhood was pretty good - mostly offices and businesses. Pool and hot tub clean, very well maintained and managed. The courtyard area was very nice. I would definitely stay here again. Keep up the great work!

2  Thank donjwalker
Reviewed April 13, 2012

Stayed here for 1 night before a college tour with my son of George Mason University. Check-in was quick, the room was a normal size with a mini-fridge but the water pressure in the shower was weak. I went to the lobby to grab a cup of coffee but there was none in the lobby although it was supposed to be there 24/7. The guy from The Bistro (their in-house restaurant) offered me a cup of Starbucks coffee at no charge. Nice touch. We also ate dinner from The Bistro which served good food. I would recommend this hotel to families, business travelers, and anyone visiting George Mason University which is a 15 minute drive from the hotel (we must have hit every red light on the way to the school).

1  Thank rmgronsky
Reviewed March 8, 2012

I found the staff to be Professional, helpful, ans showed genuine concern that my stay eas going ti be a good one. The "Bistro" was reasonably priced and quick. The lobby as well ad the outdoor fire place made for a great evening. Room was clean comfortable and just refreshing

• Stayed: March 2012