“Better than your average Courtyard” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Fairfax Fair Oaks

Courtyard Fairfax Fair Oaks
Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Fairfax
Fairfield, Connecticut
“Better than your average Courtyard”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

I was tempted by the $60 (!) per night rate so stayed a bit further out in the suburbs than usual. More convenient than I would have suspected. Right off I-66 on RT 50 and ~ 30-40 minutes from DC depending on traffic and some extensive road work related lane closures on the highway. Lots of restaurants of all types within a few minutes drive and a Giant supermarket is right next door.
The hotel itself was in fine condition. No mold/mildew or other unpleasant surprises encountered. Wi Fi was a bit slow but not intolerable. Cleaning staff were as pleasant as I have encountered in quite some time. Coffee was always filled and hot- very fresh tasting as well. Plenty of parking.
Most certainly on the list when I return to the DC or Northern VA area.

• 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Newland, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

I stayed here with my fiance and one of our friends on a spur-of-the-moment trip to DC for one night. We chose this hotel based on its great rates and the reviews here on tripadvisor, and we weren't disappointed. The service was prompt and friendly when I was checking in and out, and we were highly impressed with the rooms - very clean and up-to-date. The furniture was comfy, the tv was the best I've seen at a hotel in the past couple of years, and the AC worked well and quietly. I was especially impressed with the ethernet cables provided in a little bag in the (roomy) closet and the spacious, well-lit shower with a massaging shower head. My fiance and I took a quick dip in the pool and hot tub before we left - the pool is small, but it's well-kept and heated, and this is the ONLY hotel I've ever been to with a lifeguard on duty! The pool room was really pretty - towels draped and folded in aesthetically pleasing ways on tables and loungers, great view of the courtyard, great hot tub. All the common areas, like the hallways and lobby, were neat and fresh-looking. If we're back in the area any time soon, we'll definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Logan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

This was a great place to stay while visiting DC. The breakfast was the best. The rooms clean and beds comfortable. I highly recommend this place. The staff was very friendly.

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

The room was beautiful and the bed extremely comfortable. There were 5 feather pillows on each bed! There was free internet! The staff was extremely accommodating. We will definitely return.

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

The staff was very helpful and explained to us the best way to get to DC from the hotel. The hotel is about an hour away from DC depending on the traffic. We found it best to take the subway to DC from here. The breakfast was ok with french toast and other cooked items for a fee. We will be staying here again the next time we visit DC.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
virginia beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

I stayed here while attending the US Open. I had a ground room floor with a small patio. The hotel was quiet and I never heard the people above me. The indoor pool was taken over by kids which was fine. There is a nice outdoor fireplace that I found relaxing at night. There is a small restaurant/bar that was pleasant and the food was fine. There are many good restaurants around although I found the hotel's list a little limited. I ate at Mazadar Khabob Restaurant about 1 mile away and it was excellent. This hotel was a bit better than many Courtyrads I have stayed in.

Room Tip: Ask for a courtyard room (balcony/patio)
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Washington, DC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

Physically, this hotel is lovely. The new, Asian-inspired decor is gorgeous. The staff is also fabulously friendly. But I booked this hotel as a conference attendee who needed to get a good night's sleep, and that's the one thing I didn't get. Every time the a/c unit kicked on, it was so loud -- like hearing a jet take off in your room -- I simply couldn't fall back to sleep. The management told me "that's just the way they sound," but in case I had an especially noisy unit, all I can say is: Do NOT sleep in Room 310.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business