“Hampton Inn Fairfax City VA - Great Stay!”

Hampton Inn Fairfax City
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Fairfax
Reviewed March 28, 2014

This hotel really makes the guest feel welcome. The staff and GM went out of their way to help us have a great stay. The location is central to Fairfax City and the front desk was helpful with directions. When we had to extend our stay at the last minute for family reasons, they took care of it without any problem. We look forward to returning in the spring.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed March 18, 2014

We have stayed here many times over the years (daughter goes to GMU). Felt the prices were good and take gov/miitary discounts. Food/staff are good. Now that she is graduating come May we needed to reserve a room for five nights, and sadly the prices doubled?! I am shocked by this, I understand you want to make money but I hope for this increase we see more for the money. I am hoping the service is up to the price increase, breakfast more then just prefab eggs....and snacks at desk. To double rates I would want better service. Greed is one thing but back it with service to proove the increase-I will be looking for that.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
jfowler24, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fairfax City, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Hello and thank you for your feedback. Rates at our hotel, like most hotels, are generated by demand. As a result weekdays and some selected weekends carry a higher rate. GMU Graduation is a high demand weekend. We thank you for your repeat business and we look forward to your arrival. Our team will be ready to serve you and your family!! If you would like to discuss this matter further please feel free to contact me at the hotel directly. Kind Regards.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

Staff pleasant and helpful. Rooms were clean, and spacious. I am not a big fan of Hampton Inns omelets but it was edible. Good selection of breakfast food. The night I was there it was freezing cold outside however my room was warm, maybe alittle too warm for sleeping. I felt safe staying here and would have no problem bringing my family. Conveniently located to local shops and restaurants.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Our rooms were very nice, clean, well maintained, and comfortable. The breakfast was restaurant quality with a different menu each of the two days we stayed there. However, the remarkably friendly and helpful staff made this a memorable stay! We met Jim in the dinning area the first morning during the snow storm that shut down all of D.C. offices. Even though he was dressed to work out in the snow, it turned out that he was the hotel manager! The young lady that was in charge of the buffet breakfast was as friendly as her breakfast was good. She told us that she was named by her grandfather after a Ford car. She even had a sign at the kitchen door: Edsyl's Pantry. The staff went above and beyond our expectations when they cleaned the snow off of our cars and scrapped the ice off the windows.

Room Tip: Our group had four rooms. They were all very nice.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Great everything! The bed was comfy, room was clean. Staff was welcoming. Breakfast was delicious and hot. I had a great stay, I was able to relax and enjoy a brief vacation. The location was perfect to my family, and to the city. I will be back in the future.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 26, 2014

All the employees at this property is very polite. They seemed to me some of the most helpful than a lot of properties I have stayed at lately. I spend 25 days a month in hotels. I was able to relax here.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 26, 2014

nice hotel and always a pleasant stay people always friendly quiet place and rooms are always clean Frankie always remembers and is always please to talk to Everyone there is always nice when you check in no matter how late

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business