“3rd stay, will be back!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Fairfax City

Hampton Inn Fairfax City
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Fairfax
Montgomery, United States
“3rd stay, will be back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Clean rooms, more than helpful staff. Have been to Fairfax 3 times with a weekend-long music festival, and hope the coordinators keep booking this hotel for us. I even had issues this stay with my billing that would have overdrawn my bank account, and Anne reversed the charges so I could put them on a credit card. She saved our trip!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Arabic first
Allentown, PA, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Excellent accommodations and convenient for the purpose of my trip. Breakfast was very good. Check in was speedy. Price was very good since I used a portion of my reward points for a discount on two rooms.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Brevard, NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Having stayed in many, many Hampton Inns you grow to expect a level of quality and service. This hotel redefines the meaning of worst. The service was poor at best and insulting at worst. From the front desk staff who didn't want to share the Gold Member snack pack and another who gave bad info in order to promote one local cab company; to the housekeeper who barged in when we were dressing for the day and would not leave; to the breakfast person who kicked out a patron who came in bare feet for coffee to take to his room - it was awful! I would strongly advise you to stay anywhere in the DC are but here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
jfowler24, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fairfax City, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Wow! I am really sorry we fell short of your expectations. I will take your commnets to my staff and hope to improve our service moving forward. I can say that this is not typical of the service we have historically provided our guests. Again, I am sorry you did not have an enjoyable stay and would love the opportunity to serve you again in the future. If business or pleasure returns you to the Fairfax City, Va area please contact me directly and I will personally see to your reservation needs.

At Your Service,

Jim Fowler
Hampton Inn-Fairfax City, VA
York, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Hotel was clean and quiet. Complementary breakfast was not what we normally have experienced in other Hamton's we have stayed in - not much choice and eggs were barely palatable. We like Hampton's for a family stay and I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Coarsegold, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

This hotel was in a nice area,convenient to Interstate, business areas,restaurants. The staff was excellent. They are clearly focused on customer service. The room was very nice and comfortable. The room was quite spacious.The rate was very reasonable as well. I would definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Mark B
Sistersville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

This hotel was very clean, quiet, safe and close to the metro. Enjoyed our stay very much - staff was very helpful. The only drawback was the advertised 2pm checkout for AARP members - double check the time if you are booking as AARP and expecting a late checkout. The staff did allow us to stay until 1pm, but did not seem to be aware of the 2 pm check out offered on the website. Otherwise, a very good hotel with excellent staff.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Raleigh, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I was extremely & pleasantly surprised by this hotel. I was not expecting this nice of a hotel for the price we paid for the night. It exceeded our expectations and my teenager did not want to leave (they are hard to please). It also had a nice reading book chair in the room. The morning breakfast was very good. The staff offered me contact lens solution and a case when they heard I needed to run out after 10 p.m. as a courtesy!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family