“Not Fancy, But Welcoming!”

Hampton Inn Fairfax City
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Fairfax
Pisgah Forest, North Carolina
“Not Fancy, But Welcoming!”
Reviewed June 2, 2011

Nothing fancy at this hotel, but the rooms were generous and the service folks were extremely helpful and welcoming. This seems to be the standard of Hilton Hotels - great service and pleasant, clean hotel rooms.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank bjsteadman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
new york
Reviewed April 19, 2011

This is a hotel that could easily be better. We loved a lot of things about it, the coziness, and the familiarity of the staff was outstanding. The breakfast was very good as well. The location left a lot to be desired, as it's on busy Route 50 in the middle of nowhere. The rooms are very small and cramped, but very clean. The beds are strange, small, no queen beds, and the mattresses are too soft to get a decent night's sleep. The room temp was too warm.

Overall, we would've stayed for another night but were disappointed in the beds, and felt we could do much better elsewhere. The hotel, frankly, was overpriced for the amenities offered and for the lousy location.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank arliemoore
jfowler24, Manager at Hampton Inn Fairfax City, responded to this review, May 17, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about our property. I'm sorry our location was not ideal for you; not being in proximity to your reason for traveling can certainly be frustrating. I have shared with my staff your positive comments regarding our service and I am happy to hear that you were well served during your stay. Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts, without feedback from our guests we would have a hard time knowing where our opportunity for improvement exists.
Virginia
Reviewed April 6, 2011

My family stayed here April 2nd and were very pleased. It was a short distance to the Vienna Metro stop which is a great way to get into DC. We arrived after 9:00pm, check in was a breeze and the roll away bed I had requested was already in our room. The room was clean and large enough for 2 adults and 3 teenagers. The breakfast was good. Yes it was a little crowded but that was to be expected. The only thing I would suggest was having a fan in the bathroom. With the sink,vanity and shower all in the bathroom it made it hard for one person to take a shower and another use the mirror. Thankfully they had two in the room that we used instead. Overall for the price and location we would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank jabx2
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 8, 2011

I stayed here for 5 nights in October and can't fault the place. From the spacious room that was immaculate with a big, comfy bed to the filling yummy breakfasts with staff on reception that couldn't do enough for you. It's a short drive to the Vienna metro station which is the closest and short driving distance to shopping malls, restaurants although try Anita's Mexican next door - delicious! If I was to visit northern VA again, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank fragglepants
EDISON
Reviewed October 15, 2010

I stayed in this hotel on oct 9,2010.The room was very clean with very gud bed and mattress.Nice LCD TV.Check in and check out was a breeze.What i liked the most was its cleanliness in every aspect.The cherry on top was the breakfast served.Very nice menu.You can comfortably stay in this hotel without looking further.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank simha_12
Ohio
Reviewed August 9, 2010

This hotel is very nice and the prices are very reasonable. The thing that stands out though is the excellent attitude of every staff member that you encounter. Sandy who cooks the breakfast is a real treat but so is everybody else. Stay here and I think everybody should get a big raise. Quiet rooms, nice business center, comfortrable bed, flatscreen HDTV .

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank pcrowe1
Bremerton, Washington
Reviewed May 30, 2010

My experience here started when I was doing research about hotels when viisting Washington DC. I'm from the west coast and a friend said that we should stay in a city outside of DC and leave our car and take the Metro Inn. When I called the Hampton Inn in farifax I was clueless and needed some help in describing the area and such. I was a bit high maintenance. None the less every single person I got on the phone was beyond helpful and beyond friendly.

My stay was the same. Booked it online for $160 total for two nights over Memorial day weekend. Everyone was friendly and the rooms were surprisingly comfortable, spacious (We even had a couch) and loaded with amenities (bathroom products, fridge, microwave, huge tv, free wireless, business center, fitness center). The bed was also extremely comfortable. Oh and let us not forget about the complementary breakfast. Real food...sausage, waffles, eggs...you name it they had it AND it was served until 10!

The Location was perfect as well. We are a 10 minute drive to the Metro Station and you can leave your car there over nights and holidays for free. The Metro is cheap and can speed you right into DC in about 20 minutes. We stayed out late on Sat so we took a cab home rather than driving our car back and the taxi rate was $15 with tip. Finally you MUST GO EAT at the Italian Deli across the street from the hotel. Authentic, delicious and great ambiance.

As a matter of fact we enjoyed ourselves so much we are staying another day! Hope this review helps in planning your trip. I know others reviews did when I was trying to plan mine. Enjoy :0) Oh and PS. there is a ton to see in DC. Plan to be exhausted and not have enough time!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple