WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Fairfax
Cali, Colombia
“Great Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

I stayed in the hotel for one week. It was a really nice place to be, really close to washington, alexandria and arlington.

The pool is really nice and have a lot of restaurants near by.

The staff was realy nice with us and speak spanish too.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Brendon W, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency FairFax, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
It is fantastic to learn that you had a great time at our hotel. We love seeing that you had a wonderful time visiting the attractions in Washington DC, Arlington, and Alexandria. It's also great to see that you enjoyed some of our many local restaurants.

I am glad that you were able to speak Spanish with some of our employees. I know that being able to communicate in your native tongue makes traveling in a foreign country much easier.

Thank you again for your review, and we hope to see you next time you visit our nation's capital.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

stayed here for one night . The staff was friendly, nice lobby, but when the elevators open to the upstairs hallway I know this was dated. The carpet was worn in places and had puckers, 80's wallpaper in hallway. Room decor was okay, very small bathroom , i booked a room with king and double, but received two doubles.Both bed touch walls on either side. Bathroom less then clean. Stained grout, not the cleaned toiliet and a few hairs on the floor. Breakfast was okay, had a lot of choices but eggs and other items not to best. would not go back. expected more from a Hyatt.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. It is through feedback such as yours that we are able to improve the experience for our guests. I regret to learn that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I apologize for the condition of your room, and we will certainly follow up on your comments. I will send you a private message to find out more details regarding the room you were in so that we may address the issues you experienced.

Again, thank you for your feedback, and I look forward to speaking with you.
Columbia, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

This hotel is close to D.C., but you're still in the beautiful forrests of Northern Virginia so you don't feel like you're in a major metro area. I took the family here so they could have some indoor swim time in the middle of winter. The staff was wonderful and the lifeguard went above and beyond to find some float toys for my kids. The NoVa Market really impressed me. Normally, when I travel for business, I'm running to meetings or catching shuttles and don't always have time to sit down to dine. Their HUGE selection of grab and go meal options was overwhelming and impressive to any pallate. The hotel is located very close to TONS of restaurant choices so there's something for everyone.
The only down side we experienced was that they booked the pool for private groups and hotel guests had to wait around someone else's agenda. I was very surprised to see private parties in the pool. Now I know to ask first next time, not that we should have to. No parent want's to disappoint their kids and be stuck in the room with cranky kids.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Brendon W, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency FairFax, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
It is great to see that you and your family had a wonderful time while guests in our hotel. From the Nova Market, to the indoor pool, it looks like you were able to take full advantage of the hotel's amenities. I do regret to learn that you had to wait a bit to use the pool, but it sounds like you and your family had a blast once you got in. We will certainly recognize our lifeguard for making your pool time so enjoyable.

It sounds like you also enjoyed the local restaurants. Next time you stay with us, please stop by the front desk for some insider's advice on our favorite spots.

We truly appreciate the time you took to give us a review from your recent stay. We hope to see you and your family again next time you visit "the beautiful forests of Northern Virginia."
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

I've stayed at this hotel before back in '09 on a few occasions. It is a Hyatt and you get great deals here on weekends and holidays. It is just starting to look and feel dated. Positives are a large parking lot and a very comfortable bed. One of the negatives is the plumbing, the toilets require multiple flushes. The decor in the lobby as well as the hallways feels like are needing an update. If visiting DC and are looking to take the train, this hotel is an excellent choice, I just expected more from the brand. Everything you need is across the street from Wal*Mart to Target to chain restaurants.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Travelinbob19
Brendon W, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency FairFax, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Thank you for taking time out of your day to give us a review. It is great to read that you enjoyed the beds, which is important after a long day of touring Fairfax and Washington DC.

While we are quite pleased that you had an overall great stay at our hotel, I do regret to learn of the few issues that you experienced. I want to assure you that those issues will be addressed and remedied.

On behalf of everyone here at Hyatt Fairfax, thank you for choosing our hotel, and we look forward to your next visit.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

I stayed here for a night in December for a conference being held at the hotel. The staff was friendly, the accommodations were nice, the hotel lobby and bar area were spacious and modern. I liked the layout of my room and the swivel TV. Only down side, the bathroom was TINY. There's a whole foods and small strip mall very near by.

I would stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Brendon W, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency FairFax, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is great to see that you had a wonderful time at our hotel while you were in town for a conference. We love making our business traveler's stay as comfortable as possible, so it is fantastic to read that you had a great time at our hotel.

We enjoyed hosting you, and we truly hope to see you again at Hyatt Fairfax next time you're in town.
Fairfax, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

I am currently staying this hotel for 7 days. The reservation made a mistake and didn't reserve the breakfast package when I extended the stay to 7 days from 5 days, which was a big surprise when I checked in. Calling the gold passport line was somewhat helpful but not satisfactory. I called the front desk. Jacqline Watts, the supervisor, told me that she would not spend too much time doing the investigation but honor the original reservation and was so proactive. Emma, who originally help me during the check-in, was so doing whatever she can do help. I was so touched by their commitment to customer satisfaction. I made an effort to go down and meet everyone and thanked them. Then, I got a knock on the door later with an apology note, water bottles and fruit. That was beyond my expectation, and I felt as though I received an amazing Christmas gift. All the staff members at the hotel are so friendly and welcoming. The only reason I am giving 4 starts instead of 5 is because the hotel needs a remodeling. Having said that, the panoramic room I am staying is very clean and comfortable. I want to thank everyone at the hotel, especially Jacqline and Emma. I highly recommend others to stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Brendon W, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency FairFax, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
We are very happy to read that both Emma and Jacqline were able to solve your issue, and we are even happier to see that they sent up some "goodies" for you. Our job is to make your stay a great one, so it's fantastic to see that we succeeded due to the extra effort of Emma and Jacqline. I can assure you that both of them will be recognized for their outstanding customer service.

On behalf of everyone at Hyatt Fairfax, thank you for choosing to stay with us. We can't wait to see you and your family next time you're in Fairfax.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

I travel a lot and the Hyatt Fair Lakes is one of the best hotels that I stay in. The employees are exceptional, all doing their best to keep their clients happy. The facility is clean and comfortable, the food is good, and the hotel is in a great location. This hotel gets an A++!

Room Tip: I have never had a bad room!