WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Hyatt Regency FairFax

Hyatt Regency FairFax
Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Fairfax
Wake Forest, North Carolina
“Very Good, but 10 Bucks a day for Wifi?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

Don't get me wrong, the Hyatt Fair Lakes is a very nice hotel, with an attentive staff and nice amenities, but I still don't get the logic of charging for Wifi. I know...this is something I should get over, but why do so many of the higher priced hotels still insist on charging you a daily fee for Wifi? Are we all supposed to feel superior because we're allowed to purchase something that is routinely included for free in the budget and mid-priced hotels?

Oh, and the even though the rooms had flat screen TVs in them, the channels were broadcast in standard definition, not HD.

Maybe I'm just asking for too much....

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank John K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 10 days. I checked in smoothly, and the front desk gave me a nice room with a wonderful view. Overall the hotel is nice and clean and most importantly, the staff are very friendly.
The hotel is in a walking distance from fairlakes shopping center. Walmart, Target and bestbuy are in a walking distance. Also, they have a shuttle that can take you around the area and to the metro too.
My stay was wonderful; thanks to front desk agent, Adrean, who's attitude is wonderful, and who went the extra mile to make my stay comfortable.
I'd suggest to travelers to stay here and I will differently come back!

Room Tip: nice staff
1 Thank Dean A
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

We had our family reunion at the site. We had a wonderful time. The staff was excellent, especially Theresa King. The front office staff and were very accommodating. If you're in the Virginia or DC area consider staying at this hotel. We look forward to staying here for our reunion in 2014.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Helena H
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency FairFax, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear Helena H:

Thank you for taking a moment to share feedback about your recent stay at our Hyatt Fair Lakes. It's great to hear how much you enjoyed the services our hotel provided for your family reunion. Theresa will be recognized for the excellent service she provided. Hyatt takes great pride with this. We look forward to welcoming your family back next year!

Vilonia, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

I have bee staying in the Fairfax area in hotels for about 60% of my time over the past two years. I have stayed at three hotels in the Fairfax area and this one is by far the best hotel I have found. The rooms are well thought out and very comfortable. The staff of the hotel, restaurant, and bar are always congenial and wanting to help. Theresa King is always looking to make peoples stay more comfortable and Margaret, Brian, Elida, and Farheen make your time at the bar fun and relaxing! I would and do recommend this hotel to all of my friedns and business associates traveling to this area. Over the time I have stayed there, I have only had minor issues and on each occasion, the hotel staff were more than willing to do what they could to address them.

Room Tip: The corner suites provide a great panoramic view on the upper floors.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency FairFax, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Hi 892JamesR!

Thank you for taking a moment to share your feedback about the recent stays at our Hyatt Fair Lakes. Your comments are greatly appreciated. We're glad to have provided you one of the best hotels in the area. Our employees will be recognized for the excellent & welcoming customer service. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to the area!

McGaheysville, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

I would recommend the Hyatt Fairfax to anyone traveling in the Northern Virginia, DC area. I have been staying at this hotel for many years, and the exceptional service has not went without notice. As a traveler, who stays in multiple brands, and over 100 hotel nights per year, no hotel has shown more hospitality and professionalism. Hyatt Fairfax has an exceptionally well trained and professional staff from the restaurant staff to the front desk.

In particular I have worked with Senior Sales Manager Theresa King, over the years. I consider Theresa much more than an exceptional employee at Hyatt, which she is, but a good friend. Her wonderful attitude, and dedication to show her customers the best experience exemplifies customer service. She has been much of the reason that I have created a strong loyalty to the Hyatt Brand.

As I mentioned above, because of the amount I travel for business I stay in most of the big name brands. I rank the Hyatt Brand for above the others, and the Hyatt Fairfax the best of the best for business travel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hi Wayne S!

Thank you, once again, for taking a moment to share thoughts & feedback about your returning stays at our Hyatt Fair Lakes. We appreciate you returning as our guest, and your referral is greatly appreciated. Our employees will be recognized for the fantastic customer service provided during your stay. Hyatt takes great pride with hearing these types of comments from our guests. We hope to have the opportunity to continue to welcome you back on your next visit to the area.

Safe travels,

Ashburn, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed in this hotel in early April 2013. The rooms are a good value, just not an excellent value. Although some parts of the hotel are supposed to be re-habbed already, my room wasn't one of them. The overall quality is good and the value was good as well. Like some other reviews, paying $15/day for Premium Wireless is a bit steep, compared to so many other hotel chains. The food is a bit pricey. $8 for a cold sandwich is a bit high. There are plenty of other choices off the hotel property. I was staying for a business meeting and the breakfast and lunch that was included with the conference room rental was actually very, very good. I don't know about the costs of those meals, just the quality. Recommended for business meetings and families looking for a centralized location for DC events and venues.

Room Tip: There is a large scale construction project going on next door. It looks like it will be running for...
Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

The staff was so friendly. Really the best I've had at a hotel.

We were traveling with a baby and they brought us a crib/pack and play.

Everyone said hi and were just really nice.

The location was great - many places to eat and shop right in the same area. There is a whole foods close too.

I would definitely stay here again.

The room was nice too. Not quite as big as we had thought it to be from the pictures. The pillows were very soft. Everything was very clean.

The breakfast buffet was excellent. With the room it was about $15.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency FairFax, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Kristin M:

Thank you for going out of your way to share feedback about your recent stay at our Hyatt Fair Lakes. Your comments are greatly appreciated with regards to our employees & the excellent service provided during your visit. The Executive Chef of our NoVa Grill will be recognized for the excellent breakfast you enjoyed. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to the area.