Residence Inn Fair Lakes Fairfax
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsone bedroom suitewithin walking distancetwo days in a rowcomplimentary dinnernice kitchenetteroom was cleanvienna stationoutdoor seatingallow petsmarriott hotelsdecent breakfastwould stay here againdc areastayed here for one nightvery pleasant experiencerestaurants and shoppingeach morning
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Stayed here for one night as we moved our daughter into George Mason where she will be living for the summer. The hotel is fairly new and it was a a great value. The room was very spacious and clean and the breakfast was very good. The staff was very nice and answered all our questions.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 31, 2014

This particular Residence Inn is especially pleasant. Property has modern decor and amenities. My room was well-appointed, bright, and roomy. Good bed and linens. Staff was welcoming and cordial. Parking can be a bit scarce, but I stayed during a busy time.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Have stayed here twice in the last month. Forgot which hotel this was is the only reason I made it back here again.

Hallways and stairways are very ratty and smell like wet dog. Wifi is excruciatingly slow. Room HVAC very noisy. Rooms facing the road have a lot of road noise. First time I was here the TV didn't work.

But - if you're in an inward-facing room, the basic amenities are fine. Both rooms I was in were in good condition - night and day difference from the hallways, and I got a good nights sleep.

If you can get it cheap enough, it meets the basic hotel needs.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from the road.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
IADFL_AGM, Manager at Residence Inn Fair Lakes Fairfax, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to express feedback regarding your experience here at the Residence Inn Fair Lakes. I sincerely apologize that your stay was unsatisfactory. As a non-pet owner, I can certainly sympathize with you regarding sensitivity to pet odors in pet friendly facilities. I appreciate you sharing this and will be having our housekeeping team promptly address the issue so that all other guests, both pet/non-pet owners, are not affected as well. We are currently in the process of upgrading our Internet service to a higher bandwidth. Both guests and associates alike are looking forward to this transition. While we are disappointed that we have not provided you with the full Residence Inn experience, should you ever return to the hotel again please do not hesitate to reach out to management directly to let us know if there is anything we may do to make your stay more enjoyable. Thank you again.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

We stayed at Residence Inn Fair Lakes over the weekend from 5/2 to 5/4. We booked a 2-bedroom suite since there was another couple staying with me and my husband. We were in the area for a marriage class facilitator training at Fairfax Church of Christ and the hotel was conveniently located about 5 minutes from the church. The overall stay was good. It was very convenient for us to have breakfast onsite. The rooms and the facility itself were very clean and well-maintained. The only issue I had was my sleep quality. The beds are a bit too small for what we're used to (we had queen-size beds) and I found the bed to be too firm. Other than that, it was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We like having a little suite for an extended stay, so we really liked it here. Kayla or Karla (sorry, half-century old brain at work here) was so friendly when she welcomed us. The breakfast buffet is extensive. Some of the other guests we noisy in the corridor early one morning, but that can happen anywhere. This was our second time staying here and if we are in the area again, I have little doubt we'll stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple