“Very comfortable and a good location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Fair Lakes Fairfax

Residence Inn Fair Lakes Fairfax
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Fairfax
Carolinas
“Very comfortable and a good location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We've stayed here a bunch of times. The hotel is always very pleasant, staff is friendly and accommodating, suites large and well equipped. Breakfast buffet is limited, but good. Pool and hot tub open during the summer; hardly anybody uses it, so it's almost like a private pool. Close to lots of shopping and food. Great value on weekends.

Room Tip: Some rooms face a very busy road and you get a lot of traffic noise. Rooms that face the courtyard...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
IADFL, General Manager at Residence Inn Fair Lakes Fairfax, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you so much for your repeat business. We are delighted that you had a great weekend stay here and were able to relax at the pool. Our pool will reopen on Memorial Day weekend, so we hope to see you back then- if not sooner.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Residence Inn is a very nice hotel to sat at. We stayed over Labor day weekend which wasnt too crowded. We got a one bedroom suite which had a kitchenette which included a microwave, refrigerator (Full size), stove, microwave, dishwasher. There is also a table and chair to dine at. There is also plenty of dishes to use. The living room consisted of 2 couches (1 pulls out to a sofa bed). The One bedroom suite has a seperate bedroom area as well.

The hotel itself which was renovated within the last 3 years was very clean and nice. The breakfast buffett was huge and consisted of eggs, cold cereal, yogurts, waffles, bagels, toasts, muffins, juice hotel. The eating area was very nice and you could eat outside as well.

There was a small pool, a grill where you could borrow utensils to cook outside if you wanted to and a sports court where you can play tennis and basketball.

Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel. It is in a corporate center so it is very quiet on weekends and right near several restaurants and right off the highway.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesnt face the highway to be alittle quietier
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments and recommending the Residence Inn Fair Lakes to others. We are happy to hear that you had a great stay. We look forward to being at your service the next time you are back in town.

Andover, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I will say that it amazes me the things people complain about. One guy below complained that the hotel didn't give him a king bed since he was tall...... But here's the thing, they don't have any rooms with king beds!

Pro's
Great location outside of DC. Vienna metro stop is a short drive.
Great breakfast AND managers reception (T, W, and R). This saved us lots in food costs.
Close to food, shopping, and more.
Front desk and all employees were very nice and helpful.
Fun sports court, though small.
Nice surrounding neighborhood.

Con's
Poll closed at 8pm each night. It was 100 degrees each day and would have been nice to swim a bit later.
No hot tub, it had been filled in with concrete.

I would not hesitate to stay here again!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank dudspizza
IADFL, General Manager at Residence Inn Fair Lakes Fairfax, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Guest,
We are glad that you were able to enjoy the amenities and the location of the hotel. Thank you for your feedback regarding the pool facility as it is an area where we can improve. We are pleased that you and your family had a pleasant experience at the Residence Inn by Marriott Fair Lakes. Thank you so much for staying with us.
Kind Regards,
manama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed here with our daughter for two weeks. We were able to relax in the room in comfort. The room was clean and well maintained. There is a wonderful outside seating area and pool. The location is fantastic. Close to many shops and restaurants. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott Fair Lakes. We’re glad that your family had a great stay and I will definitely pass on the comments to our staff. We hope you enjoy the rest of the summer.
Best Regards,
Paducah, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

My wife and I stopped and stayed here on our way to Washington DC. We arrived around 8pm and WE both went to the front desk for a room. The 2 ladies there had the personality of a rock. We got the key to our room and went out to eat. We returned at about 10pm. After hauling all our luggage to the room, I noticed we had a queen bed. Called the front desk to change for a king but was told none was available.I asked why wasn't I told this at checkout and it was because I didn't ask. I just figured when 2 people (I'm 6'4", 260) come to check in, they would at least ask if you need a king. I got about 4 hours sleep. I was awaken by dogs in the hallway barking early that morning. I opened the door and there were 3 very large dogs going in the room a couple of rooms away.
Other issues: No ice; room at 64 degrees at 10pm; had to clean table at breakfast for seating; food under feet at breakfast table (I didn't want to clean floor).
I stayed at 4 different hotels on our trip and this was the most expensive and by far the worst.
For those who are considering this hotel, I have 3 words of advise: DO NOT ENTER

Room Tip: Ask what type room you are getting.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott Fair Lakes. We take all feedback seriously, and sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations. We have discussed your experience with the staff and have taken measures to avoid these occurrences in the future.
Kind Regards,
McHenry, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Received wonderful service from Darla (or Carla). She was SO pleasant - I was tired after a long drive & getting lost - she quickly got me to a nearby room & was SO kind. The room itself had many amenities & I slept SO well. Would recommend! Breakfast was good - warm - much variety! Hated to leave!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
We are so pleased that you had a wonderful stay! I can certainly understand how frustrating it is to be lost and am so delighted that Karla was able to accommodate you quickly. We have definitely passed on your kind feedback to Karla and the rest of our staff.
Chestertown, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Stayed here around the end of October for a small weekend get-away. Front desk staff very extremely friendly and helpful. All my needs were met to beyond my satisfation. House keeping provided me with extra towels (extra is a most have for me, so I was pleased *smiles*) and anything else I needed during my stay. Very please with my experience here. Only complaint was that it was a little hard to locate when using my GPS. Conveniently located next to a shopping center and resturants, which was a treat.

Room Tip: Location of the hotel is somewhat tricky to pinpoint...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
IADFL_AGM, Manager at Residence Inn Fair Lakes Fairfax, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us. We genuinely appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We will be sure to pass on your feedback to our housekeeping team. Thank you again and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.