“Great for families and business travelers” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax

Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax
Ranked #13 of 21 Hotels in Fairfax
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great for families and business travelers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Room is superb: clean, full kitchen, perfect for families.
Breakfast is enough to get you going for your day (grab and go)
The comfort of the room, feels like home.

No sign were available to indicate about how to get in on off hours, so you may want to have a sign out there.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. The staff and I take pride in creating a memorable “home away from home” experience for our guests. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our clean rooms with fully equipped kitchens, free grab-and-go breakfast and friendly staff. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Pros:
Super comfy bed
4 different pillows on each bed so there should be one that's right for you (I particularly appreciate this)
Spacious room
Kitchen
Ironing board/iron
Hairdryer
Dish detergent! - so many hotels with kitchenettes don't have it for some strange reason.

Cons:
The single coffee packet was open and should have been replaced
The shower had several splashes of brown liquid on the walls
No toilet paper (but a box of tissues on the bathroom counter)
No shampoo

We arrived late at night and were getting up early so didn't bother calling for toilet paper or anything, we just needed to get to sleep.

A 'grab and go' breakfast (included) is provided in the reception area - sickly sweet muffins, oatmeal snack bars, several varieties of oatmeal, apples and oranges, coffee, hot water and creamer. I didn't happen to see any tea.
Reception staff were pleasant.
If not for the toilet paper/dirty shower I would have given an extra point but lacking in the most basic amenities/level of cleanliness makes me grumpy. That being said, I would stay here again if I revisited the area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed our spacious suites with fully equipped kitchens at a great value. Still, I sincerely apologize for the level of cleanliness in your room. Please know, I am working with our housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. Again, thank you for the feedback. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

I stayed in ectended stay fairfax for approximately 3 months.i can say I felt home.the hotel is so nice , clean, next to everything.the stuff is just amazing.starting from.the manager mr.rajish to front desk alina, asan, to gaby, oscar, mrs luz the cleaner.they r just so helpful, whatever u ask for they will provide it immediately.personally I believe any place will be nice if the people and the stuff of that place ate nice.and u guys r really wonderful.
I would definetly come back and recommend this place because im sure its the best place if ur in virginia.
keep up being the best.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking your valuable and time and efforts to write such wonderful comments on your most recent stay. It's my pleasure to hear such nice comments about the hotel manager, front desk GSR Alina, Ahsan and Gaby; maintenance engineer Oscar; and house keepers Marie and Luz. I look forward to sharing your comments with them and the rest of our team.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind and encouraging words, and we'd love to see you here again.
Williamsburg, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

I am now traveling to the DC area almost weekly for business. I have stayed at ESA Fairfax twice and found it to be an excellent experience. The rooms are cozy, clean and well equipped. The staff is very friendly and is quick to respond should you need anything. Even though my job is located in Falls Church, I don't mind traveling out to Fairfax after work as the 50 minutes I spend in traffic is well worth it. C. Blachly

Room Tip: Ask for rooms to the right unless you are an early riser.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Carol B
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
It is so rewarding to read that you had excellent experiences during your stays with us. I truly appreciate your comments regarding our very friendly staff members and their quick responses when you needed. I am glad to read that you were pleased with your cozy and clean room, especially the well equipped kitchen, and all of the amenities our hotel had to offer. I would also like to thank you for choosing our hotel even though location is not ideal for your job.

Fairfax, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

I have been staying at this establishment for the past 2 months while working in the Fairfax area. The hotel has been freshly painted and the rooms have been updated. Getting the lower rate since now I am there for over 30 days is a nice advantage also. Don't be afraid to ask for the best rate possible. Coffee is always hot downstairs but don't expect a big breakfast, but more of a grab and go. If you want the big breakfast head to Residence Inn up the way and expect to pay for it. This is a great, safe place to hunker down and call home for a while if you need to. The only better thing they could offer is a few more channels on cable but hey its enough to get by. Don't believe everything you read on here, I like this place and it is a little condo for a great price. I have no complaints and will continue to stay here until my job has ended.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Doug H
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Doug - I appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice review about our hotel and glad to know that you are very impressed with the hotel. It is great to hear that you enjoyed our free grab-and-go breakfast and coffee. I am also very glad to read that you found our hotel to be an exceptional value and great safe place to stay for the business traveler.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and continuing staying with us.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

nothing special, affordable price is the best thing for this location. It was my first time at this kind of facility. Like a small apartment or condo.

Their breakfast is not the best, just let you know.Grab n Go, but their items not available all the time.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am glad that you liked our hotel's location and your stay overall. Still, I am sorry that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. As we continue to make improvements to it, we will keep your feedback in mind.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at dcx@extendedstay.com. or you can reach me directly at 703-359-5000 Ext 518. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

After an 11 hour drive, I checked in late for an overnight stay; the staff member (Falla) was rude and incompetent overall.

I saw him smoking outside as I walked in, and had to wait a few minutes before he decided to come in to check me in.

As he was trying to check me in, he couldn't figure out whether the room he assigned to me was occupied or not! So, he gave me the key and asked ME to check whether it was occupied while he would wait at the front desk!!

I refused and told him he should come with me to which he agreed.

The room turned out to be unoccupied, and unclean. It smelled like rotten fish - or worse!!

To make matters worse, there are noisy neighbors in a room next door having a party, AND the kitchen sink is DIRTY, there is hair in the bathroom sink and there was used TP in the toilet. I didn't even have the chops to look at the bath tub.

The room feels so dirty that I don't feel like taking my shoes off!

I'm so appalled that I'm writing this after my late check in at 2 am due to the misleading rating on Trip Advisor that led me here in the first place!!

Avoid under any circumstances!!

A very exhausted and upset customer.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank mawjirah
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am so sorry that your late check-in did not go smoothly and that your room was unclean as well as had an odor. In response, I have spoken with our staff about the importance of providing a good check-in experience and am coaching them on how to provide better customer service moving forward. As well, I am working with our housekeeping staff on improving our cleaning procedures and we are currently deep cleaning the room you occupied so these issues do not affect future guests.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at dcx@extendedstay.com. Or 703-359-5000 Ext 518. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.