Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsgrab and gofresh onesgas stationeasy accessfront desk stafffair oaks malltvmuffinswashington
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We can easily rate ESA a fantastic place to stay for your vacation. We were checked into the hotel by Alina who was nothing short of fantastic during our stay. In fact the whole front desk was extremely friendly during our stay. Our room was spacious with a flat screen TV, a large fridge, a dish washer, a toaster as well as a coffee maker. Considering I visited in December and January I can bear witness that the heaters in the rooms work very well. The room and shower were clean and the bed was very comfortable. We stayed one and a half month but never felt like away from home. Everything was top notch. The hotel is conveniently located on Fair Ridge Drive and is very near to shopping centers and close to DC area attractions.
We will recommend ESA to family and friends who visit DC and would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ground floor north eastern corner room is large and sunny.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Sofia K, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

Dear Muhammad,

Thank you very much for taking time out of your schedule to post your comments regarding your stay at the Extended Stay America Fairfax.

I say it often that feedback such as this is very invaluable to any business. I was very happy to read that you not only enjoyed the upgrades of our newly renovated rooms, but all the staff you encountered during your long stay was pleasant and accommodating.

If your travels bring you back to the Fairfax area, we look forward to having you and your family stay with us again.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

While this hotel isn't overly fancy or luxurious, it's nice, clean, and super convenient. My room had a nice refrigerator, stove, and dishwasher. The bathroom was very clean, water was hot, bed was comfortable, and the cable channel selection was not bad either. There's a water filter on the kitchen sink, which is nice. But what really makes this hotel work for me is the staff. Without exception, the management, front desk staff, and housekeeping and maintenance staff were VERY helpful and polite every time I needed them. If I had an issue, they were very quick to address it, and always checked with me afterwards to make sure my issue had been resolved to my satisfaction. In an era where customer service is frequently forgotten, the staff here has been just amazing. That alone would make me recommend this hotel to anyone looking for an economical extended stay hotel in Fairfax.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear James,

Thank you very much for your kind remarks regarding your stay at the Extended Stay America Fairfax.

When our guests take the time to share their opinion on travel sites such as Trip Advisor, it not only tells us that we are doing something special, but it also let's potential guests who may be thinking of staying with us. that their overall satisfaction is our goal.

I am confident that we will see you again in the future and we look forward to being your preferred choice of accommodations when in the Fairfax area again.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

No room service unless you want to pay extra. They will not bring you towels, you have to go down and get them yourselves. The only cleanliness problem we had was the old bath tub wear and the sheets on the hide way bed was not clean and had stained. They did not come up and change the sheets, we had to take the sheets down ourself and make the bed. Other than that, great price and enough room for 3 people.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Sofia K, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2013

Dear Davena,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on your recent stay at the Extended Stay Hotel.

It is true that we do not provide housekeeping daily and the option to pay a small fee each day to receive it is offered. We do offer weekly service for guests who do stay 8 days or longer. By not providing daily service for short term stays, we are able to pass this cost savings to you.

I do apologize that the sheets on the hideaway bed were not fresh and clean. I have already had a discussion with the housekeeping staff and the hotel manager to ensure they are in the habit of opening the hideaway so such an issue does not occur again.

Thank you again for your feedback. If I can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact me at 703-273-3444 x5002. We look forward to having you stay with us again should your travels bring you back to the area.

Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here overnight for work. The staff was helpful and professional. They even let me check in early! I would certainly stay here again and i recommend this ESA to anyone coming to the dc area. The rooms were clean and they smelled nice. The pillows are comfy. I love computers and this hotel has a very easy wifi setup. I was online in 60 secs.! I cant wait to stay here in the summer season so i can use the pool/patio/grill area. And to top it all off the rate was very affordable!

• Stayed: January 2013
Sofia K, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Dear JnLws,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on your recent stay at the Extended Stay America Fairfax.

I am happy to know that the team and our accommodations exceeded your expectations. I know the their is a dedicated team working at this property to ensure that each and every guest has a home away from home experience.

On behalf of the team of ESA-Fairfax Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you agaiin in the Summer!

Reviewed December 13, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times in the past few months and it has always been clean and comfortable. Ahsan is usually the one who greets me. He is friendly, quick, and efficient. The bed is comfortable, the shower is strong and hot, the tv is a nice flat screen with a good picture, and there is also a nice couch. I appreciate the good soundproofing - you do not hear your neighbors at all. I was in a different hotel recently and was able to hear my neighbors in the next room talking. I have choices of where I can stay while I'm travelling for business and I choose to stay here even if it's a little out of the way to where I need to go because I know I can count on a great experience.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Sofia K, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Dear Sloaneland,

Thank you very much for your wonderful remarks regarding your most recent stay at the ESA in Fairfax.

After reading your comments the one sentence you wrote "I have choices of where I can stay while I'm travelling for business and I choose to stay here even if it's a little out of the way to where I need to go because I know I can count on a great experience." made me speachless.

I can not express in my reply how impactful this one sentence is and most importantly the impact it made on the managment and team of the hotel.

On behalf of the managment and staff of the ESA Fairfax Thank you and we look forward to your return very soon.