“A very pleasant stay” 4 of 5 stars

Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax
Ranked #13 of 21 Hotels in Fairfax
“A very pleasant stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I spent three weeks at this hotel with my wife and kids. Having read some rather negative or ambiguous comments on Trip Advisor before arriving I was rather worried whether I selected a proper place to stay with family. Shortly after we got there I realized my pick was a perfect one.
For a very reasonable cost you get a nice room with a kitchenette. The rooms are newly repaired and equipped. The hotel outdoor pool is also perfect, especially if there is a very hot weather with temperatures over 100 F.
The staff were very good, taking care and responsive. Do you need a cab? It is there in a few minutes. A great advantage is a Harry Teether store nearby at a walking distance from the hotel.
The pool might have opened earlier than at 2 p.m. on weekdays. I understand it was due the working hours of safeguards, but it would be nice especially in July when temperatures are really extremely high. What I really did not like was that some guests did not respect a smoke free area at the pool and were lazy to take a few more steps to the designated smoking area.
I would advice to make breakfast more varied or to give it a different name. On some days nothing but coffee was served. In this respect other comparable hotels provide a wider variety of food.
Another thing deserving attention despite the progress made is how the kitchenette is equipped. When we arrived we had to ask for more plates, forks, pots or mugs and glasses. It should be better equipped as a standard.
The last advice - if the hotel provides washers and dryers it should also always have enough quarters for guests so they don't have to go to get change elsewhere.
But all in all we had a very nice stay there, we have beautiful memories and we will return. I can recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Sofia K, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear DeSouches,

It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you.

Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest.

A few weeks after completing our renovations of the hotel, we launched a new Grab 'n Go breakfast concept. We now offer two brands of coffee, tea, granola bars, muffins, breakfast bars, fresh whole fruit and hot oatmeal. This new concept was recently added for guests such as yourself, who may normally prepare a meal in the room, but may want a quick bite or cup of coffee as they head out the door for the day.

I will also look into possibly making some adjustments to the pool hours for next year and , I along with the Hotel Manager will definitely make sure that quarters are always available at the front desk.

Once again, on behalf of the team at Extended Stay America and myself thank you for your kind comments and feedback. We look forward to seeing you and your family again should your travels bring you back to the area.

Best,
Sofia Kehayias
Area Operations Manager
Fairfax-Fair Oaks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Since day 1 when I arrived in the Washington, DC region as part of a corporate relo, the staff at the Extended Stay at Fair Ridge Drive made me feel welcome. Asan, the front desk clerk, ensured I had a fair rate, a nice quiet, clean room, and provided me with all the pertinent commuting details. (The bus to the metro is across the street!) The location is conveniently located near malls, grocery stores, metro, etc. I would certainly return as well as recommend to others.

Room Tip: Pick a room on the third floor, northeast side to minimize road traffic and HVAC noise.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank FitzTravelers
Dear Fitztravelers,

I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your most recent stay. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment.

Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. Asan and the rest of the team at ESA Fairfax understands that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Best,
Sofia Kehayias
Area Operations Manager
Fairfax-Fair Oaks
tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

My Stay At Extended Stay America was one of the best stays I have ever expieranced and will return again The staff and the hotel itsself was wonderful and will be recomended to anyone I come in contact with that will be in that area

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank james m
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay Washington, D.C. - Fairfax. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.