Holiday Inn Express Fairfax - Arlington Boulevard
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
$134
$129
Candlewood Suites Fairfax(Fairfax)(Great Value!)
$126
Comfort Inn University Center(Fairfax)(Great Value!)
$76
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $85/night.

$125
$100
$152
$143
Best Western Fairfax(Fairfax)(Great Value!)
$104
$149
All reviewsred lobstercinnamon rollsfront deskroom was cleanenjoyed staying heretv channelswashing machinehot breakfastmetro stationnice areafirst floorwonderful staybusiness centercerealelevatorhvacrefrigerator
Reviewed March 23, 2009

Although the hotel was very clean and the staff extremely nice and polite, there were a few things that I noticed.
1. As a priority club member, I didn't receive a goodie bag upon check-in(as is usual at an HIExpress and I've stayed at other ones before where they've done it)

2. There is only one ice machine in the whole building, so you have to go to the third floor for ice.(I was on the second floor).

3. And I figured that they'd have a microwave in the vending area on the third floor, but they didn't. So with ice bucket and food needing heating in hand, I jabbed the elevator button to get down to the main floor where the one microwave is at. Thank god there was at least a mini fridge in the room.

4. I feel that any hotel that can afford to put plasma tv's in every room as well as a minifridge, should at least add a microwave for convenience.

5. Housekeeping was very good, and all staff was exceedingly pleasant so I had no problems there.

6. There was a large number of school children/teens staying at the hotel during my visit so there was a lot of shouting in the halls and slamming of doors(walls are somewhat thin) BUt I spoke to the management and I guess they spoke to the chaperone because it was more calm the next night. I can't fault the hotel for this(but the idiot chaperones should have told the kids to be more respectful of others late at night(after 11pm) and early in the morning - shouting up and down at 7-8am! )

7. I have to commend the management for promptly addressing any problems and even offering to switch my room because the first one I had was too close to the elevator and I didn't want to be disturbed by people coming in and out of the elevator all night. Even with the issue of all the children and the noise, they offered to move me. But since they were on all four floors anyway, it didn't make sense to swtich.

8. The breakfast was exceptional, especially the coffee and the cinnamon rolls I managed to have one of the mornings I was there. I always look forward to them, as they are delicious and can be ordered from the HIExpress web site!

9. No cable! Just basic channels, so at least I had a portable dvd player to watch some movies I had brought along.

10. As for the portable dvd player or hooking up anything else to that gorgeous television, you'd better bring a mirror of something so you can see which ports are where because the layout of the tv cabinet hinders you from accessing the ports. It was only by the grace of god that I blindly plugged in my a/v cords and got the video to work for the input on the tv. If you have smaller hands, you can reach back there easily, but it was rather difficult for me since I have large hands. Bad cabinet design for this tv as far as accessing the ports.(on the back, left-hand side of the tv)

It was an okay stay, all-around, but I am not sure whether or not I'd stay again as I am on the fence at this point.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank Ericas71
Reviewed November 29, 2008

Stopped here for just the one night, and, as a frequent patron of HI Express properties, was pleasantly surprised to find the rooms were newly and tastefully furnished. It didn't look like an HI property.
Cookies at the front desk, friendly service and a convenient location didn't hurt either. Although a bit pricier than the usual HI Express, given the location, they are clearly pulling in the customers, to judge by the relatively full parking lot and breakfast room. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank AntonyG
Reviewed October 13, 2008

This is a comfortable, reasonably priced hotel, conveniently located for Dulles airport and the Metro into DC (provided you have a car - NB parking at the Metro gets very busy during the week). It had everything we needed as we settled in after our flight at the start of a two-week driving holiday. It was nicely furnished, and the staff were friendly and helpful. Excellent breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: September 2008
1  Thank leafpeepers08
Reviewed July 25, 2008

My husband and I needed a hotel room for a single overnight stay on our way to central Virginia -- thus we didn't need to be closer to DC, didn't want to pay for parking, didn't need entertainment for kids, but did want to have access to the Metro to go into DC for the evening. Basically I was shopping for a cheap rate in a clean room to get a good night's sleep. We got a deal here. First of all, the rooms have been redecorated and they are extremely attractive -- quite contemporary but very comfortable, much more so than most hotel style furniture that feels like it's made to withstand an army invasion. The bed was the most comfortable I have had outside an expensive resort. Then the hotel location is great -- there were lots of restaurants nearby (we ate a charming Italian place about a 1/2 mile away) and the last Metro stop on the Orange Lineis about 1 1/2 miles. We drove there (parking charge -- $4.50 a day or use the meters if you'll be gone a shorter time) and went into DC to spend the evening - much more relaxing than driving. The hotel serve sstandard fare for free hotel breakfasts but the food was plentiful and there was plenty of room to sit. The staff was very friendly. And best of all, I paid $25-$50 less than comparably inexpensive hotels in the area. We will stay here again when we are headed to central Va.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank barnesnbb
Reviewed May 5, 2008

This is a clean renovated hotel that is in a good location for business travellers in the Fairfax/George Mason University area. The room was clean and well kept, the service was good, and the location proved to be a timesaver in an area where there is almost round-the-clock traffic congestion.

The TV channel selection seemed a little bit limited for those who like to curl up with some vending machine snacks and watch the tube until 3AM. The wireless internet was slow at times.

You will pay a little more to stay in the Fairfax area so know that before you decide to take a hotel there, but when you don't even to have to get in the car and drive to find a decent place to eat (Red Lobster is literally next door) then the hidden savings becomes apparent.

All in all a nice stay.