“Went Above and Beyond- Semi truck, wide load, 18 wheeler parking” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Fairfax - Arlington Boulevard

Holiday Inn Express Fairfax - Arlington Boulevard
Ranked #12 of 21 Hotels in Fairfax
“Went Above and Beyond- Semi truck, wide load, 18 wheeler parking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Going above and beyond even when it doesn't benefit them... that's how you know they are legit. We drive a WIDE LOAD SEMI TRUCK and have a terrible time finding where to park it. There hotel doesn't have a huge lot but they have several options to accommodate large vehicles. Even we parked there. We were supposed to stay there for three days but decided that we wanted to stay in DC Saturday night which lift a one day gap in our reservation (we stayed 2 out of 3 nights). We switched to a Holiday Inn downtown and this hotel STILL let us keep our truck there for the night that we didn't stay. They didn't have to, it didn't benefit them at all, but they did anyways. These people care about your experience and they deliver. To me that says a lot. Thanks guys and Irine.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Paul R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fairfax - Arlington Boulevard, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Express-Fairfax. We appreciate you for taking the time to share your thoughts and experience. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Paul Reyes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

We chose to stay here on rewards points for two nights, the hotel was only asking for 15K points per night.

The room and bathroom were clean my only complaint is the noise form the hall (kids, doors closing/slamming etc...) is quite noticeable.

We had early morning riser kids next door one day that likes to go I. And out of the room and slam the door beginning at 6am and the last night we had kids I. The hall and slamming g doors at 11pm.

I'm a heavy ish sleeper so it didn't bother me but my traveling partner is a light sleeper and was quite upset with the noise at 6am.

Additionally the bathroom was very small in this room 209

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Paul R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fairfax - Arlington Boulevard, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We take every precaution to strategically locate every guest in our hotel. I do apologize for the distrubance during your stay. We appreciate you for choosing to stay here at the Holiday Inn Express-Fairfax. We look forward to your return.

Manassas, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

This hotel is convenient to my work, I have stayed there so many times, and Barbara, Shakhnoza, and Xiomara, to name a few, deserve to be recognized. Barbara is always very, very helpful when I need secure a room. Shakhnoza's pleasant nature first thing in the morning helps to start my day off right, and Xiomara's assistance when being checked in... sometimes I want to check in twice! Thanks to all of you. MC

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Mike C
Paul R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fairfax - Arlington Boulevard, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Thanks for being a loyal guest! I will share the kind words with the staff. We appreciate you choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Express-Fairfax and we look forward to serving you again.

Thanks,

Peotone, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

This hotel is less expensive than nearby similar hotels so it is a decent value if you are just looking for overnight lodging. Doesn't appear to have been refurbished in a few years. There is a Red Lobster across the street and multiple other chain restaurants within a mile. My sister who stayed multiple nights returned to her room in the late evening one night and the room had not been cleaned. She had multiple issues with key not working.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Paul R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fairfax - Arlington Boulevard, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are happy to hear about your experience during your visit. We look forward to serving you again here at the Holiday Inn Express-Fairfax.

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

During the months of February, March and May 2014, I stayed at the HIE-Fairfax. It is a nice hotel; good location with decent rooms. All that in mind, the thing I appreciated the most about my hotel stays was the excellent service at breakfast. Long story short, I was amazed by the grace and efforts of Shakhnoza. For example, at the hotel during morning breakfast, she greeted everyone with a friendly "hello". Even when two large groups of young adults were in the breakfast area, related to school field-trips, she made sure there was plenty of supplies and food available. Needless to say, next time when I'm in Fairfax, I would look to Holiday Inn Express as my first choice of stay, considering the high level of service and sincerity present there.
Thanks and regards,
Tom H

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Paul R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fairfax - Arlington Boulevard, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Thank you for your kind words. I will make sure Shakhnoza is recognized for her great service. We appreciate you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Express-Fairfax. We look forward to your return.

Lakewood, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

Overall, this was a good stay.

My first experience with the staff was when I called in the day before my reservation. I was coming into town on a Red Eye flight, scheduled to arrive at 7AM, with a training class to attend at 9AM. I called to see if I could schedule an early check-in, which would allow me to check in and freshen up before the class.

I spoke with Irene (if my memory serves), the sales manager, who told me that the hotel was full, and they would do what they could to accommodate me, but my best bet was to add an additional night to my stay (to the front end of the reservation), which would insure that I had a room when I arrive early the next day. I asked if they had a room available, and she said she would check and call back. A few hours later, I received a call back saying they could add the extra night, which I went ahead and booked. I was happy that I was able to do so, and appreciated the suggestion and help in booking it.

Upon arrival to the room, I noticed two things; the mini refrig was not working at all (warm, if not hot inside), and the desk area had only one power outlet, which was built into the base of the desk lamp. That power outlet was not working.

As I was departing for my class before 9AM, I went to the front desk to see what could be done. There was no one at the front desk, but after a short wait, one of the housekeepers came and asked if they could help. I explained the situation with both the refrig and desk. She said that she couldn't do anything about the refrig, but would see if they could replace the desk lamp.

Upon my return in the early evening, the lamp had been replaced and the power was available.

Breakfast (included in the rate) the next morning was adequate. They had coffee & juice, some dry cereals, microwave oatmeal, basic fruit & muffins, toast, a pancake maker, and some prefab scrambled egg disks, turkey sausage patties, and some dried out biscuits. I opted for the eggs, sausage, and an English muffin, and took it and some coffee to my room. I was leery, but it actually made a satisfying and filling breakfast.

All-in-all, I would say it was a good stay, with helpful staff and comfortable room.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Paul R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fairfax - Arlington Boulevard, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
We appreciate your valuable feedback. Thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Express-Fairfax. We look forward to your return.

Gloucester, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

I booked this hotel based on other reviews and since it was close to Fairfax High School. I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. The room was clean, the beds were comfortable and they do a pretty good job at their free breakfast. The hotel could use some updating in the color department. Everything worked great in our room so I didn't have any interaction with the hotel staff other than check in. At check-in they were very friendly.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Paul R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fairfax - Arlington Boulevard, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
We are glad to that you had a great experience here at the Holiday Inn Express Fairfax. Thank you for your valuable feedback. We look foward to serving you in the near future.

-Paul Reyes