“Enjoyable stay.”

Holiday Inn Express Fairfax - Arlington Boulevard
Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Fairfax
Reviewed February 6, 2014

The stay was grand. One concern was the water from the tap was cloudy. I did not drink or use to make coffee on the room. I would reccomendcthis hotel as I believe they will fix the water. The staff were helpful,attentive, and made sure to assist as needed.

• Stayed: February 2014
Paul R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fairfax - Arlington Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Hello,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Express Fairfax. We value your feedback and greatly appreciate you for expressing your experience. During your stay there was a city wide water outage due to the extreme cold weather. The City of Fairfax quickly repaired the damaged city pipes. I can assure you that all water issues have been resolved.

Thank you again and we look forward to serving you in the future.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Fairfax - Arlington Boulevard

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Only stayed for one night. Upon arrival the lobby looks dated and could use a upgrade, but the personnel at the front desk was professional and my check in was swift! I didn't try the breakfast, so I can not speak to that. The room ( I had a king room) it was nice, bed was comfortable, pillows a little on the small side, but comfortable, the bathroom was small, the sink was separate from the toilet and tub, which is common in hotels, but the bathroom is tiny, no biggie for me personally, but maybe a issue for others. Sheets were clean, everything in the room was clean, however our bed just had a thin bedspread on it, no heavy comforter which I found odd, but we were to tired to go threw the changes of trying to get a bigger/heavy cover (not sure if they even had them). The hotel was quiet, and check out was swift as well. No major issues, decent price for a decent stop through hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Paul R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fairfax - Arlington Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Express Fairfax. We heard all of your concerns and we are working on improving on key items for the future sucess of the hotel. Thank you again and we look forward to serving you in the near future hear in the City of Fairfax, Virginia.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel several times in the last few years. As others have mentioned, it is conveniently located about halfway between Dulles Airport and downtown Washington, DC. It is well-maintained and the rooms are clean and fresh. I agree with a previous reviewer that the mattress is a little too soft for me, but other may like that. The breakfast buffet has the standard HI Express offerings, and the room set aside for it is clean and cheerful. The best part about this hotel is the wonderful staff, especially Anastasia at the front desk. Everyone is so friendly and welcoming. I definitely would recommend this hotel for business travelers as well as tourists looking for a reasonably priced place to stay in the DC area.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to recognize the great staff here at the Holiday Inn Express Fairfax. We appreciate the valuable feedback that you’ve experienced during your stay. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to serving you in the near future.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights for a meeting held in the nearby George Mason University. Very close to Dulles airport and to Washington DC downtown (rush hour traffic aside...).
Very kind front desk staff (especially Anastasia), reasonable rooms, stable wifi connection.
The mattress was not very comfortable (too soft for my preferences), and the continental breakfast is quite standard (nothing exceptional, but ok).
The price offered was very good. Overall, I'd consider it again if I were to return to the Fairfax area.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Express Fairfax. We are glad to hear about the great experience you had with us. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to serving you in the near future here in the City of Fairfax, Virginia.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel a few times on business trips to a local customer. It's close to a number of restaurants, not too far from Dulles airport, and easy to get to from I-66 and US 50.

Rooms are up to date, beds are comfortable and fresh.

This hotel has everything going for it. I didn't have anything to complain about and I'd certainly stay here again if I return to my local customer.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 19, 2013

My most recent stay was a very pleasant one. The location of this hotel is very convenient. It is very close to I-66 and there are many restaurants close by. The service from this hotel is outstanding! All of the staff that I encountered were friendly and professional. But Anastasia, Vanessa, Ruth, Barbara are outstanding employees and deliver excellent customer service. The room was nice and comfortable and very clean. The rate was very reasonable for the area. I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Dan S
hiefairfax, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fairfax - Arlington Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Thank you for your great feedback on your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express Fairfax. We take our guest comments very seriously and we always strive to provide you with comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our staff. We hope to be at your service again in the future.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

We booked 2 nights at a great rate. Front desk person was friendly and helpful. The room was spacious, clean, and modern. Had everything one could need..hairdryer, fridge, hdtv, high-speed internet. The shower was wonderful!
A nice breakfast each morning was provided in cost. Not spectacular, but decent. Hotel is in a good, central location for visiting Fairfax.
Wish Internet had been wireless. My wife and I could not go online at same time.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family