New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Holiday Inn Express Fairfax - Arlington Boulevard

Holiday Inn Express Fairfax - Arlington Boulevard
Ranked #12 of 21 Hotels in Fairfax
Caluso, Italy
“Kind staff and reasonably priced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights for a meeting held in the nearby George Mason University. Very close to Dulles airport and to Washington DC downtown (rush hour traffic aside...).
Very kind front desk staff (especially Anastasia), reasonable rooms, stable wifi connection.
The mattress was not very comfortable (too soft for my preferences), and the continental breakfast is quite standard (nothing exceptional, but ok).
The price offered was very good. Overall, I'd consider it again if I were to return to the Fairfax area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Paul R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fairfax - Arlington Boulevard, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Express Fairfax. We are glad to hear about the great experience you had with us. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to serving you in the near future here in the City of Fairfax, Virginia.

Paul Reyes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Freeport, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel a few times on business trips to a local customer. It's close to a number of restaurants, not too far from Dulles airport, and easy to get to from I-66 and US 50.

Rooms are up to date, beds are comfortable and fresh.

This hotel has everything going for it. I didn't have anything to complain about and I'd certainly stay here again if I return to my local customer.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

My most recent stay was a very pleasant one. The location of this hotel is very convenient. It is very close to I-66 and there are many restaurants close by. The service from this hotel is outstanding! All of the staff that I encountered were friendly and professional. But Anastasia, Vanessa, Ruth, Barbara are outstanding employees and deliver excellent customer service. The room was nice and comfortable and very clean. The rate was very reasonable for the area. I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Dan S
hiefairfax, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fairfax - Arlington Boulevard, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you for your great feedback on your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express Fairfax. We take our guest comments very seriously and we always strive to provide you with comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our staff. We hope to be at your service again in the future.
Tannersville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We booked 2 nights at a great rate. Front desk person was friendly and helpful. The room was spacious, clean, and modern. Had everything one could need..hairdryer, fridge, hdtv, high-speed internet. The shower was wonderful!
A nice breakfast each morning was provided in cost. Not spectacular, but decent. Hotel is in a good, central location for visiting Fairfax.
Wish Internet had been wireless. My wife and I could not go online at same time.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Kingston, Jamaica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

It was a great experience stay at this property on a five night business trip. Getting into Washington via the Metro was very convenient transportation. The only obstacle was the "great heat wave" of July 2013.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Stayed for 4 nights. The staff were incredibly friendly and responsive to my requests. One morning, the USA Today had not been delivered. I asked about a copy from the front desk. The lady immediately retrieved a copy and delivered it to my room. The newspaper in itself is not a big deal, however, the immediate response of the staff person was! I reported the refrigerator was not working and it was fixed by the time I returned to my room later in the day. Everything was spotlessly clean. Even the stairwells had been recently painted. Did not eat the standard continental breakfast because I don't eat those types of food. My only complaint was the TV remote. If I have to stay somewhere 4 nights, I would like to access channels quickly without having to flip through channel by channel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Lawrenceville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

When I walked in the hotel the lady at the front desk was very friendly. The room was very clean and nicely decorated. The only thing I found boring was the continental breakfast, we stayed there a week and they served the same thing everyday, perhaps they can change their menu on the weekens only. Overall, I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family