“Very Pleasant Stay”

Holiday Inn Express Fairfax - Arlington Boulevard
Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Fairfax
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Stayed for 4 nights. The staff were incredibly friendly and responsive to my requests. One morning, the USA Today had not been delivered. I asked about a copy from the front desk. The lady immediately retrieved a copy and delivered it to my room. The newspaper in itself is not a big deal, however, the immediate response of the staff person was! I reported the refrigerator was not working and it was fixed by the time I returned to my room later in the day. Everything was spotlessly clean. Even the stairwells had been recently painted. Did not eat the standard continental breakfast because I don't eat those types of food. My only complaint was the TV remote. If I have to stay somewhere 4 nights, I would like to access channels quickly without having to flip through channel by channel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed June 24, 2013

When I walked in the hotel the lady at the front desk was very friendly. The room was very clean and nicely decorated. The only thing I found boring was the continental breakfast, we stayed there a week and they served the same thing everyday, perhaps they can change their menu on the weekens only. Overall, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Very disappointed in the cleanliness of this hotel. I have stayed with HIX a couple of other times much to my pleasure but not this time. Front desk was very nice and helpful. However, it went down from there. Stayed in room 314, dirty blanket at the foot of one bed. Had some type of black flecks on it. Finger nail trimmings between the bed and nightstand. Mattresses were horrible, old and uncomfortable. Bathtub didn't drain so you were up to your ankles in water while showering. Breakfast area had old stained carpet and just didn't look appealing at all.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fairfax - Arlington Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear Patty M,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I'm very sorry you were not satisfied with the cleanliness of the room. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I found the front desk staff to be very friendly. In fact when checking in, the young lady at the desk had already ended her shift but she stayed to check me in since the desk was busy. Overall what you would expect from a HIX. A bit of age showing in the public areas, but clean. Room was comfortable with a nice array of TV channels. WiFi was a bit slow and a bit weak since I was at the end of the hallway. Option exists for ethernet connection though. I didn't get to try the breakfast since I was up and gone each morning before it was ready. The kind lady at check-out did offer to get me a to-go bag which was very kind. The only slight problem I ran into was a not so great housekeeping job on the next to last day there. Overall, I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank TRVLallover
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I have enjoyed staying here on and off since January of this year. The HIX staff is warm and friendly quickly happy to meet your needs as a guest. Many thanks go out to all those people who make my say so excellent. I consider these people friends.
I don't need to tell you how clean the rooms are . And I not need to tell you that the morning breakfast is good. The beds are always inviting after a long day ,and restaurants are right around the corner. So choose the Fairfax Holiday Inn Express. Ps the Metro is at Vienna which is a 9 dollar taxi ride. DC is right round the Corner I've gone to a Caps and Wizards games.
You will Enjoy your stay here.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Michael M
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Don't you love it when a hotel just gets hospitality? My son was staying with a group at the Holiday Inn Express in Fairfax and it happened to be his birthday. I called and told Anastasia at the front desk and immediately she offered to go and get a cake with his name on it big enough for the whole group after she got off work. It was all so seamless and easy, just the way you want it to be. Thanks Anastasia for doing this on your time!!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Conveniently located from Washington, DC. The room was comfortable, clean and comes with amenities like AC, fridge, iron, hot & cold water. The staff are accommodating and friendly and will cater to your needs especially Anastasia. Complementary breakfast has lots of choices.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family