“Usually real good”

FirstWatch
Ranked #36 of 419 Restaurants in Fairfax
Cuisines: American, Healthy
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Springfield, Virginia
“Usually real good”
Reviewed August 20, 2014

Breakfast and lunch---fantastic pancakes---egg dishes---sandwiches and salads; pleasant servers.
towards closing some dishes get a little sloppy. Always come back--

• Visited July 2014
Cari T, Guest Relations Manager at FirstWatch, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Thank you for all your visits! We will share your feedback about our presentation on occasion and sincerely apologize. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

• Slovak first
Virginia
“Very Busy But They Handle It Well”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

I've been a couple times on the weekends for breakfast and there is always a wait of about 20 minutes. I can assure you that it is worth the wait. The menu is health conscious but they have something for everyone, even picky eaters. The house coffee is really good, the oatmeal is really good, the siesta key cocktail is really good, and my dining companions say all their food is really good. Also worth noting, the servers are nice and they are very good at getting you in and out quickly.

• Visited June 2014
Cari T, Guest Relations Manager at FirstWatch, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Thank you for coming by for breakfast on the weekends! We are happy our tasty food, healthy menu and attentive staff always impress you. We hope to see you again soon!

Cari, First Watch Customer Service
“Loved it! BLT Eggs Benedict & breakfast scrambler was wonderful!”
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

Happily surprised! Got right in around 8:45am on a Sunday morning. OJ was great as was the hot tea selection and my husband's ice coffee. The meal came quickly and looked amazing. Bacon was crispy (just how I like it.) Hollandaise was buttery but not too heavy. All ingredients tasted & looked fresh. Great place. Will go here again next time we're in town!

Cari T, Guest Relations Manager at FirstWatch, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
We are very happy you and your husband had a delicious and pleasant breakfast experience. We hope to see you the next time you're in town!

Virginia
“The food is great! The water? Ewww.”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

If you are a first timer, plan on waiting in line. This place has a following, and for good reason.
I've eaten here probably 10 times over the last two years. I've never ordered the same thing twice, due to the interesting choices on the menu.
The healthy choices they offer still have great flavor. If you don't mind pushing a few more calories away, try one of the omelets. I think I've tried three, and all were fantastic.
The pancakes, while being slightly pricey, are well worth it, and big enough for share between three or four people. Instead of ordering one, order three and take two home. They're even good the next day microwaved(and cheaper when you buy more).
The coffee is so-so, nothing to rave about. OJ, about the same, but pricey for a large glass.

I've never ordered any of the "lunch" items, but my teenage son has, and he has always enjoyed them.

Now, on to the water. I live in Fairfax City, so they get their water from the same source I do. I don't know what is going on with their water, but it is not in any way refreshing. The taste is just awful! Oddly enough, it doesn't have any funky odor to it, but it tastes like toilet water smells.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank VirginiaHotelguy
Cari T, Guest Relations Manager at FirstWatch, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
VirginiaHotelguy - Thank you for all your visits over the years! We are thrilled you enjoy every item you have tried off our menu. Great tip on the pancakes too! It is upsetting to hear this is your impression of all our beverages and we will look into all your comments immediately. We appreciate all your feedback and we hope to see you again soon!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Amazing Breakfast/Brunch”
Reviewed April 8, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I discovered First Watch last year, but always ignored it because it looks like an old people's home on the outside. My friend made me try it and now we all go regularly because the food is amazing. They use high quality, fresh ingredients and have many lighter fare options. The pancakes and hash dishes are always wonderful!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank whodat134134
Cari T, Guest Relations Manager at FirstWatch, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
whodat134134 - Thank you for giving us a try! We are so happy our high quality, fresh and made-to-order breakfast, brunch and lunch items have made a you a regular now. We look forward to your next visit!