“Bang bang shrimp!”

Ranked #123 of 450 Restaurants in Fairfax
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

Need I say more? The bang bang shrimp is a must-get menu item. The other food selections here are very good and their specialty drinks are good as well ( though not in the least bit strong). Service is usually hit or miss, but this is true for many chain restaurants. I also find the entrees to be expensive for what you get. Still it is good food. It gets very busy and it is a good idea to make a reservation/ call ahead, especially on weekends.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I go here whenever I am in town, {There are none in NY}. A chain restaurant with high standards, you can count on a good meal and a pleasant experience. In recent years, they have started putting paper on tables, over the linen. A bad move. many of my friends do not eat here anymore because of this. I personally HATE it. it diminishes my experience. and also makes me consider whether or not to book. It was MUCH classier before. They do not realize how much business they have lost due to this move, and consider only the money they save from using the paper. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
nevertheless
The atmosphere, otherwise, is good. sometimes noisy, but it is an enthusiastic happy crowd.
Bang bang shrimp, a favorite, is up a little in price, as are many items. still a decent value. I had coconut shrimp, shockingly large, actually TOO large ! if that is possible. I would rather them be large but not HUUUUUUUUGE but still good.
everyone was happy as usual. bread, oil, great.. service perfect, even the drinks this time were good. . Reservation time was honored. call two days ahead.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

After falling in love with Chilean Sea Bass on my vacation to Mexico, I began to visit Bonefish regularly when I needed my "fix." Their version is great with the chimichurri, mango, or terryaki sauces. The white wine sangria and bang bang shrimp our my other favorites on their menu!

Reviewed July 4, 2012

Great bar food, spacious bar, friendly bartenders.

Reviewed March 25, 2012

I went there with my family to try some fish. Ships and calamari were oily. the other food was average.

The waitress was rude. I felt we weren't welcome there. Maybe we weren't
the typical american they would expect or prefer?