“prices up a little, still a favoriteth”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Bonefish - at Greenbriar
Ranked #220 of 419 Restaurants in Fairfax
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Florida
“prices up a little, still a favoriteth”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I go here whenever I am in town, {There are none in NY}. A chain restaurant with high standards, you can count on a good meal and a pleasant experience. In recent years, they have started putting paper on tables, over the linen. A bad move. many of my friends do not eat here anymore because of this. I personally HATE it. it diminishes my experience. and also makes me consider whether or not to book. It was MUCH classier before. They do not realize how much business they have lost due to this move, and consider only the money they save from using the paper. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
nevertheless
The atmosphere, otherwise, is good. sometimes noisy, but it is an enthusiastic happy crowd.
Bang bang shrimp, a favorite, is up a little in price, as are many items. still a decent value. I had coconut shrimp, shockingly large, actually TOO large ! if that is possible. I would rather them be large but not HUUUUUUUUGE but still good.
everyone was happy as usual. bread, oil, great.. service perfect, even the drinks this time were good. . Reservation time was honored. call two days ahead.

• Visited October 2012

Fairfax, Virginia
“My Fav. Local Place for Chilean Sea Bass”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

After falling in love with Chilean Sea Bass on my vacation to Mexico, I began to visit Bonefish regularly when I needed my "fix." Their version is great with the chimichurri, mango, or terryaki sauces. The white wine sangria and bang bang shrimp our my other favorites on their menu!

Visited January 2012
Fairfax, Virginia
“Best litle bar in the Fairfax/Greenbriar area”
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Great bar food, spacious bar, friendly bartenders.

Visited April 2012
Fairfax, Virginia
“Average food - bad service”
Reviewed March 25, 2012

I went there with my family to try some fish. Ships and calamari were oily. the other food was average.

The waitress was rude. I felt we weren't welcome there. Maybe we weren't
the typical american they would expect or prefer?

• Visited October 2011
Fairfax, Virginia
“Yeah, it's a chain restaurant but it's very good!”
Reviewed March 16, 2012

Party of four arrived at 6:10PM for 6:30 reservation. Place was fairly well packed but had a goodly number of staff present so we didn't have to tackle a servicer to get attention. The whole operation was managed by an unobtrusive floor manager who continuity walked unnoticed amongst the tables directing the staff...very nice touch in a busy venue and added to smoothness of operation. Food was excellent from a wide variety of choice. Our waiter was knowledgeable, unhurrired and very well schooled in the fine arts of customer care. The martinis were top drawer and the salads particularly noteworthy. So, yes..BF is a chain (although there are only afew in our area), but it's good value, very good food and provides a pleasant evening experience.

Visited February 2012